FTA-TV Basil Zempilas- Commentary TIPS

Remove this Banner Ad

What makes all his mistakes and cringeworthy comments even worse is that he's got verbal diarrhoea. He just keeps talking and talking and talking ... with a sheer barrage of words ... and never knows when to shut up.

Basil was just embarrassing yesterday. Constantly calling the wrong Lions players along with the jizz fest over Cyril, Burgoyne and Lewis. Dick faces started counting every possession of Lewis's after his 31st or whatever it was.
Hamish was just as bad to be fair. Spoke positively about Christensen winning the B&F last year (which he didn't).
My favourite quotes from yesterday:
"You could put on a highlight reel of Rioli and Burgoyne at Gold Class and people would pay to see it."
"You could watch Cyril mow his lawn"

I couldn't believe how much he was going on about "record amount of possessions in a 250th game". Its such a meaningless and overly specific record.

When Lewis was on 39 they brought up a table.

It showed Lews: 39*, Thompson: 38 etc.

He then went on to say "Notice the asterisk next to the 39 there. Unlike a cricketers batting average this number can't go down, it can only go up!"

That was probably my pick of the commentary for the afternoon.

What makes all his mistakes and cringeworthy comments even worse is that he's got verbal diarrhoea. He just keeps talking and talking and talking ... with a sheer barrage of words ... and never knows when to shut up.
Amen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He blamed Spangher getting injured on him calling Zorko Hanley for the first goal.

Was almost Bruce levels of Goo.
It was worse. At least with Bruce you can tell there is genuine excitement, with Hamish and Basil it sounded so forced, like they were only doing it because Bruce does it.

I was starting to hope Rioli didn't touch the ball so they would shut up about him but even then they still managed to not shut up

It was worse. At least with Bruce you can tell there is genuine excitement, with Hamish and Basil it sounded so forced, like they were only doing it because Bruce does it.

I was starting to hope Rioli didn't touch the ball so they would shut up about him but even then they still managed to not shut up

But his Lawn, his LAWN man! Imagine Rioli stooping so low as to mow his own LAWN IMAGE HOW AMAZING IT WOULD BE!

He got yet another name fundamentally wrong today.

He had days to prepare and acquaint himself with the fact that Jack Trengove was returning for Melbourne today after his long absence.

Yet he still somehow managed to mix him up with the Port player and call him "Jackson Trengove" in his first reference to him.

His incompetence is almost beyond words now.

Why does he always say "Dennis is a great footballers name" whenever he talks about Dennis Armfield?

cometti.jpg

He got yet another name fundamentally wrong today.

He had days to prepare and acquaint himself with the fact that Jack Trengove was returning for Melbourne today after his long absence.

Yet he still somehow managed to mix him up with the Port player and call him "Jackson Trengove" in his first reference to him.

His incompetence is almost beyond words now.
All of them refuse to do even the slightest bit of research
They are Parrots....you watch, another one of them will repeat this identical mistake because one of them has started it

Parrots....all of them

Remove this Banner Ad

Back