Winter Beijing 2022 4th Feb to 22nd preview and general discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow now the 15 year old Russian figure skater can still compete but if she wins a medal there will be no medal ceremony. I understand a 15 year old probably won't really now what there doing anyway does that drug really increase performance that much.

Wow now the 15 year old Russian figure skater can still compete but if she wins a medal there will be no medal ceremony. I understand a 15 year old probably won't really now what there doing anyway does that drug really increase performance that much.
If she wins any medal it will be tainted.
I can't believe that the IOC were so weak to let her compete.

The political / stats website FiveThreeEight is still predicting Aus to win one more medal after Peel bombed out. Yesterday this time it was two. They don't list their medals winners like Sports Illustrated, so it must be Tess.

The political / stats website FiveThreeEight is still predicting Aus to win one more medal after Peel bombed out. Yesterday this time it was two. They don't list their medals winners like Sports Illustrated, so it must be Tess.

This is her pet event well at least in terms of expectations. Her first medal was a bit of a surprise

This kiwi chick eats up pressure and spits it back out! Her reliability must be a nice feeling for her fans
Was born in Sydney as well from memory I heard around the traps. Kiwis claimed her quick I heard. 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is her pet event well at least in terms of expectations. Her first medal was a bit of a surprise
Ok I thought it was the other way round. Sports Illustrated picked her to win the bronze that she did, but nothing in this event.

Ok I thought it was the other way round. Sports Illustrated picked her to win the bronze that she did, but nothing in this event.

The Kiwi is way ahead anyway but yeah Tess is more of a trick boarder. She suits the big air. The Kiwi is just so good everyone is fighting for second or third

An American really needs to come to the party, we really can't have the kiwis finishing ahead of us on the medal tally.

Even though shes got all the tricks, she still has to land them...something our girls couldn't achieve yesterday. They do breed them tough in NZ!

Even though shes got all the tricks, she still has to land them...something our girls couldn't achieve yesterday. They do breed them tough in NZ!

Plays the percentages too. Why our girls yesterday were going for ones with 4.2 degree of difficulty in a qual is beyond me. Take the safe option get confidence and land them

Plays the percentages too. Why our girls yesterday were going for ones with 4.2 degree of difficulty in a qual is beyond me. Take the safe option get confidence and land them
Yes, sometimes in the heat of battle, some of the questionable tactics over the years, has been the difference between getting a gold or leaving empty handed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back