Ben Cunnington: Football’s MVP?

Remove this Banner Ad

Cunners return and maybe Clarko announced next week.
Could be a good end to a disaster season and hope for the future.
The announcement of Clarkson (if it happens) would be ******* huge

Very similar to the Melbourne Roos appointment (tbf Clarko is an even bigger appointment) , both teams in similar positions on field, a bit of unsettlement of field and some noise about young players wanting out

Getting Clarko in would help the recruitment of some more experienced players and would get totally buy in

In 2023, sure.

Pies finished 17th last year. Are now one game from top with a first year coach.

Anything is possible.
Anything is possible, but * me if North made finals next year that would be something else

Getting Clarko in for a longer rebuild is great though. Will buy patience with the football world and would automatically get buy in from every player/staff member involved with the club

You would think it would be 25-26 that finals becomes a realistic target

23 - improved % and a couple more wins
24 - 7-9 wins
25 - be in finals contention for most of the year
26 - finals

Very similar to the Melbourne Roos appointment (tbf Clarko is an even bigger appointment) , both teams in similar positions on field, a bit of unsettlement of field and some noise about young players wanting out

Getting Clarko in would help the recruitment of some more experienced players and would get totally buy in

Anything is possible, but * me if North made finals next year that would be something else

Getting Clarko in for a longer rebuild is great though. Will buy patience with the football world and would automatically get buy in from every player/staff member involved with the club

24 - 7-9 wins
26 - finals
Spot on I say if most things go right.

24 - 7-9 wins
26 - finals
2026 before we play finals?
Would mean 10 years out of the finals. * that for a joke!

2026 before we play finals?
Would mean 10 years out of the finals. * that for a joke!
That response is why you need a coach like Clarko that will get given time

Your list is in really bad shape, its going to take a few years to get it into a decent state

I can't see finals being an option in 23 or 24. 25 maybe, but 26 more likely

When do you expect to be in finals contention?

That response is why you need a coach like Clarko that will get given time

Your list is in really bad shape, its going to take a few years to get it into a decent state

I can't see finals being an option in 23 or 24. 25 maybe, but 26 more likely

When do you expect to be in finals contention?
Disagree that our list is in really bad shape.
We could be playing finals again as early as 2024.

Collingwood finished 17th last year. The only team worse than them was us. Many thought that they would finish bottom 6 this year. They are now one win off top spot heading into finals.
It can turn quickly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back