Ben McKay - pivotal icing or rebuild player for a lucky Club

Remove this Banner Ad

I was up there for Giants v Blues back in April, 2 days of glorious Autumn sunshine followed by 2 days and about 120mm of rain lol.

When it rains in Sydney it bloody rains.

Nice place to go for a weekend but, unless it rains.

iirc, Sydney has twice as much rain as Melbourne and Melbourne has twice as many rainy days.

LOL at the notion of him staying at North. If I were him, at 25, I'd GTFO out of Melbourne and go to Port or Sydney, even Geelong.
There is every chance North could match the offer, he is a restricted free agent after all. Particularly if the rumours of 800k are overblown. We would be mad to offer that without an outside offer of that size being formalised. Given the lack of key defenders at the club, and lack of other players requiring big money in the next couple of years, even paying overs for a few years would not be the worst move.

If he makes it clear he would request a trade under those circumstances, better to take the compensation - and once again spend an off-season trying to find a key defender.
Logue won't be back until mid-season. Corr is a handy third tall but hardly a #1 key defender - unassisted against Tex or Charlie could see Hudson's record under threat.

If WC wanted him they could just put him through the normal RFA process months earlier and remove all doubt or options for him to change his mind.

If WC want him they need their heads examined with his and their injury records. He’d never get a chance to debut.
Injury record? He has played 54 of 67 since he has become a regular in the last three years. He missed a few at the start of this year with a foot injury and has had a couple of concussions and a suspension and that is about it.

Best centre half back since Glenn Jakovich. Wherever he ends up will shoot straight into premiership contetention, even Essendon. North will be getting massive unders if the AFL only give them pick 2.

He isn’t worth a top 10 pick.

What planet are people living on to even think that?
You can thank Jay Clarke for that. Was purely spit balling s**t as the media do and it became gospel.

Compensation needs to go

Injury record? He has played 54 of 67 since he has become a regular in the last three years. He missed a few at the start of this year with a foot injury and has had a couple of concussions and a suspension and that is about it.
Indeed, the injury that sidelined Buckets for the longest was called "being coached by Brad Scott." Nick Larkey had the same affliction

North have pots of dosh and experienced decent kpds are hard to find. I am coming to the view that North will match whatever is offered him. A rebuilding Club can ill afford to lose a key structural player, irrespective of the compensation on offer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back