Bendigo FL discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

If Castlemaine don't have a coach, they'll lose more players, the effort of last year will be for nothing, they'll go back to 2021, really poorly set out plan to get a coach, needed to be steady build and a succession plan to occur, all they'll do is appoint another new guy and no continuity for the playing group

It's definitely a real worry. To hit November and not have named a coach is a disaster really. I don't blame the committee, talking to a few players recently I think they were damned if they did and damned if they didn't with the previous coach.

They may well pull a rabbit out of the hat but at this point I fear this could be the moment that tips them over for good, in Bendigo footy if not totally.

It's definitely a real worry. To hit November and not have named a coach is a disaster really. I don't blame the committee, talking to a few players recently I think they were damned if they did and damned if they didn't with the previous coach.

They may well pull a rabbit out of the hat but at this point I fear this could be the moment that tips them over for good, in Bendigo footy if not totally.

I can’t see them getting back from this unfortunately.

The league will have Castlemaine, Maryborough and Kangaroo Flat as sides who would struggle to win games at Loddon Valley level

I think he still lives there though, which hurts
He still lives in Maryborough as he runs the family Mitre 10 business.

Hasn't played for the Magpies for a number of years and hasn't played footy for a number of years either (since finishing at Maryborough). Would be surprised if he had much impact at North Ballarat.

I can’t see them getting back from this unfortunately.

The league will have Castlemaine, Maryborough and Kangaroo Flat as sides who would struggle to win games at Loddon Valley level
Castlemaine are the club that is the most vulnerable out of the 3. They struggled all year to fill sides and have no juniors either. Had an 'overthrow' of the previous coach who was happy to do the role again in 2023 despite all the challenges. Typical of a lot of football clubs to remove a decent fellow due to a small number of 'loud voices' and then wake up the next day with no plan forward and asking 'what do we do next'.

These people also tend to disappear quickly and the mess is left for others to clean up.

What an embarrassment.

Castlemaine are the club that is the most vulnerable out of the 3. They struggled all year to fill sides and have no juniors either. Had an 'overthrow' of the previous coach who was happy to do the role again in 2023 despite all the challenges. Typical of a lot of football clubs to remove a decent fellow due to a small number of 'loud voices' and then wake up the next day with no plan forward and asking 'what do we do next'.

These people also tend to disappear quickly and the mess is left for others to clean up.

What an embarrassment
Monday Experts! If they had backed the coach, asked him to work on his weaknesses, offered him PD opportunities and KPI's to hit etc, they would be in a much better position than the one they find themselves in now.

What an embarrassment.

Castlemaine has a full compliment of junior teams.

The people making decisions at the club certainly aren't that sort. They have done a power of work to fix the mess left by the people who had the reins before them and have done it very well.

Castlemaine has a full compliment of junior teams.

The people making decisions at the club certainly aren't that sort. They have done a power of work to fix the mess left by the people who had the reins before them and have done it very well.

Not sure it can be said that it’s been done well. This off season saga has set the club back and they may not recover

Hasn't played for the Magpies for a number of years and hasn't played footy for a number of years either (since finishing at Maryborough). Would be surprised if he had much impact at North Ballarat.
Lol. Doesn’t stop Trent commenting on things he doesn’t know about.

Not sure it can be said that it’s been done well. This off season saga has set the club back and they may not recover
Dont no much about this situation but it doesnt take much for a bottom ladder club to have a bad off season. A coach they thought they had falls thru and they’re back in trouble again. It’s a lot harder when it’s not as attractive as a top ladder club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont no much about this situation but it doesnt take much for a bottom ladder club to have a bad off season. A coach they thought they had falls thru and they’re back in trouble again. It’s a lot harder when it’s not as attractive as a top ladder club.
Olly, they needed to have had the coach locked and loaded IMO.

They were slowly building a platform, they had been competitive in a number of games, you don't get rid of a coach that was keen without having someone all signed up or a succession plan to create continuity

Olly, they needed to have had the coach locked and loaded IMO.
Tend to agree mate, but if the club didn’t think he was the right bloke to coach you let him go. When your cellar dwellers like Castlemaine have been recently it’s very hard to recruit a good coach straight away. Absolutely they should have a coach by now but it’d be bloody hard sell being in the commitee shoes. I do believe slowly they can build again to do what Kyneton have done. A lot of potential there with the new social rooms and a good town like Castlemaine. Someone has to put there balls on the line tho

He's 34, we aren't expecting him to kick bags week in, week out - he'll provide a target and take some pressure off our younger fellas.

He's 34, we aren't expecting him to kick bags week in, week out - he'll provide a target and take some pressure off our younger fellas.
How many ex-St Patrick's boys currently at North 'Jet? They tend to filter across the Ballarat and CHDFL but some quality players come out of the College under Howard Clark, Gav Webb, Jarrett Giampaoulo, Joe Carmody coaching ...

How many ex-St Patrick's boys currently at North 'Jet? They tend to filter across the Ballarat and CHDFL but some quality players come out of the College under Howard Clark, Gav Webb, Jarrett Giampaoulo, Joe Carmody coaching ...
There's more than a few, Silver.
Mr Clark is an absolute legend & Gav is doing a good job as well (bias precludes me giving too much praise to the Redan/Swans connection) hah

Last edited:
Hearing rumours a few premiership players at Gisborne have joined Kyneton for 2023.

I know one is 100% signed with the possibility of a couple more…..

Should spice up the rivalry even more!

Hearing rumours a few premiership players at Gisborne have joined Kyneton for 2023.

I know one is 100% signed with the possibility of a couple more…..

Should spice up the rivalry even more!
Funny you should say that Bev as i heard last night at least 4 of your mobs starting 6 forwards from the flag have all left any truth to that? Can you tell us who is going to Kyneton I’d guess Foreman is one as from memory that’s where he is from originally who else is going as not many have gone in that direction in the past but there have been a few gone from Kyneton to Gisborne over the years

Funny you should say that Bev as i heard last night at least 4 of your mobs starting 6 forwards from the flag have all left any truth to that? Can you tell us who is going to Kyneton I’d guess Foreman is one as from memory that’s where he is from originally who else is going as not many have gone in that direction in the past but there have been a few gone from Kyneton to Gisborne over the years
Lots of resigning going on at Gisborne, haven't heard much from Kyneton yet, no good if they don't resign what they've got, magin already gone is a big hole, they need help for Manuel as well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back