Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Both were founding members. Reckon it began 2007 so 16/17 years is a fair stint
Is this one of the issues why football in the area is in trouble due to commission members being involved well past their use by date. From experience boards need reinvigoration and new voices/ perspectives and having the same people involved over a long tenure is not healthy for anyone, namely the local football community. I am not questioning their commitment or character except to say they have probably gone well past being effective in their roles.

Is this one of the issues why football in the area is in trouble due to commission members being involved well past their use by date. From experience boards need reinvigoration and new voices/ perspectives and having the same people involved over a long tenure is not healthy for anyone, namely the local football community. I am not questioning their commitment or character except to say they have probably gone well past being effective in their roles.
I think the disconnect has lot do with the secret squirrel appointments. When was last time you saw an advertisement in addy or on AFLCV Facebook page calling for nominations to commission. It’s all “boys club” nudge, wink call ups so the status quo thinking, lack of determination for change permeates the organisation. My two bobs worth anyways

I think the disconnect has lot do with the secret squirrel appointments. When was last time you saw an advertisement in addy or on AFLCV Facebook page calling for nominations to commission. It’s all “boys club” nudge, wink call ups so the status quo thinking, lack of determination for change permeates the organisation. My two bobs worth anyways
I could not agree more. The former general manager departed some time ago and acting arrangements have been in place since.

If the incumbent is the best person for the role so be it but some transparency is needed by going to market to find the right person for the role. Rest assured the individual concerned will be appointed close to the season commencing.

I could not agree more. The former general manager departed some time ago and acting arrangements have been in place since.

If the incumbent is the best person for the role so be it but some transparency is needed by going to market to find the right person for the role. Rest assured the individual concerned will be appointed close to the season commencing.
And won’t that be useful? Not. Zero time to get understanding of role, issues of urgency, stakeholder meet and greets to build relationships. In some ways you feel sorry for people who take on these roles. In a lot of ways they’re set up to fail which puts the whole region further behind eight ball in terms of meaningful reform.

Just for interest sake has anyone heard how Kyneton is going in their new league. Have they got any new recruits,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As happens with any club changing leagues Kyneton have lost a few and gained a few. Some locals have returned and lost a couple of top liners to the cash cow known as Deer Park. Manuel still looks like playing for the club in 2024 but time will tell. Lots of talk elsewhere Page was going to return but unlikely. Club is in a good place moving into Riddell and numbers have been strong. They will go well.

Hearing Gisborne very close to annoucing 4 A Grade interstate recruits

If this is to eventuate, they are morals to win the flag in what will be the weakest comp in decades.

Speaking of morals. It’s a moral to be an 8 team comp this year…. Announcement imminent
Like to give us an update on these 'imminent' announcements Fresh.

Square surely can't make finals now if Toma and Monti are going to be playing VFL? Or can they in what some are describing as a weak comp in 2024?

Are they as good as Conforti & Bernacki who played for Bombers in last couple of years?
Or will their game time be restricted by a deeper Bombers senior list as per HSun article today?
From watching at local level, I’d have both conforti and bernacki above them, as well as Moorhead and mccartey who played Essendon last year. No knock on Monti or toma though, rate them highly.

Ryan Eye 190cm Essendon VFL player signed with Castlemaine.

I guess the question is how often can he get on the park for them?

Go Maggie’s - word is they finish 3rd after sandhurst and Gizzy

Don’t know how they’ve done it with the bias towards the bendigo golden boys ! Go pies

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back