Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Not quite following you here rkjc, you mean the umpire’s rep to the league, like a club rep?
AFLCV have a (paid) administrator that looks after the umpires. Old one resigned so they appointed a new guy.

Appropriate thing in my book would have been for someone to reach out to the board that they'd found someone, done a meet session etc. Instead he announced himself on facebook. Where's the direct communicatuon and respect?

AFLCV have a (paid) administrator that looks after the umpires. Old one resigned so they appointed a new guy.

Appropriate thing in my book would have been for someone to reach out to the board that they'd found someone, done a meet session etc. Instead he announced himself on facebook. Where's the direct communicatuon and respect?

No respect with those rabbits unless

- you are a school teacher at a school in bendigo and have links to sandhurst

- are in the pioneers / sandhurst clique either through association or kissing ass

- drink coffee at the green bean around the corner from the AFLViC office or you have links to the sandhurst boys club

Unfortunately if you don’t have any of these you are on the outer

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

- are in the pioneers / sandhurst clique either through association or kissing ass

- drink coffee at the green bean around the corner from the AFLViC office or you have links to the sandhurst boys club

Mate give it a rest.

Everyone has a right to contribute, however your posts are getting quite boring and irrelevant.

For your sake and the league I hope maine do well, Sandhurst have done an amazing effort building their network
Learn off them.
Poor clubs or more supporters blame others & look for excuses, good ones look within.

Mate give it a rest.

Everyone has a right to contribute, however your posts are getting quite boring and irrelevant.

For your sake and the league I hope maine do well, Sandhurst have done an amazing effort building their network
Learn off them.
Poor clubs or more supporters blame others & look for excuses, good ones look within.

Taken on board - I’ll just look forward to the season and let the 10 guns we’ve recruited do the talking

Looking forward to the year

Thanks for explaining, that does sound exceptionally poor.

Poor clubs or more supporters blame others & look for excuses, good ones look within

I find these types of comments just as tiresome.

The insinuation that clubs like Castlemaine, Kyneton, Maryborough etc are inferior in their operations when the reality is they are equally full of hard working people doing a great job, keeping them financially sound and overcoming many more obstacles than the Bendigo clubs could ever imagine.

Their circumstances are a combination of societal and demographical effects, and the inaction, incompetence and intention of leagues, governing bodies and individual officials, and the clubs themselves have little to no influence over any of those factors.

It's really hard to turn around a clubs fortunes in today's environment. Very few great players or players fresh out of afl seek the challenge of taking on a Maryborough, and putting in 3 years minimum to see on field results. To get that buy in to potential recruits is way too difficult, when they can choose a club that has a far better chance of playing finals.

You can have the best culture available, but you'll never keep young talent if you're on the bottom of the ladder, you can't recruit or it's incredibly difficult to recruit from that far back. Why would you go into Maryborough or castlemaine if you're a talented player from the mcdfl anymore. You don't see a prickles martin, chopper Jardine, brown, shepherd etc come into these clubs anymore. I can't see it changing, if maine make finals this year, they might get a few, if they miss out, do their recruits leave at the end of the year?

I find these types of comments just as tiresome.

The insinuation that clubs like Castlemaine, Kyneton, Maryborough etc are inferior in their operations when the reality is they are equally full of hard working people doing a great job, keeping them financially sound and overcoming many more obstacles than the Bendigo clubs could ever imagine.

Their circumstances are a combination of societal and demographical effects, and the inaction, incompetence and intention of leagues, governing bodies and individual officials, and the clubs themselves have little to no influence over any of those factors.
Footy clubs are so much more than poccessing a desire to win. Everyone would like to be successful, however footy clubs are so much more. Country footy teams are the social fabric of a lot of smaller country towns with most getting as many people ainvolved that is possible in either a playing, volunteering or viewing capacity. I havent seen a BFL game for several years but was an attendee quite a bit through the 2010s, Unless things have improved drastically the amount of support at these games wasnt great, been at the QEO a few times where you could have fired a gun and not hit anyone.

It's really hard to turn around a clubs fortunes in today's environment. Very few great players or players fresh out of afl seek the challenge of taking on a Maryborough, and putting in 3 years minimum to see on field results. To get that buy in to potential recruits is way too difficult, when they can choose a club that has a far better chance of playing finals.

You can have the best culture available, but you'll never keep young talent if you're on the bottom of the ladder, you can't recruit or it's incredibly difficult to recruit from that far back. Why would you go into Maryborough or castlemaine if you're a talented player from the mcdfl anymore. You don't see a prickles martin, chopper Jardine, brown, shepherd etc come into these clubs anymore. I can't see it changing, if maine make finals this year, they might get a few, if they miss out, do their recruits leave at the end of the year?
Sorry but the bendigo based clubs and their volunteers / supporters just don’t understand the struggles of the regional teams.

But when they are playing in a round robin style 5 or 6 team comp it may hit home then

Footy clubs are so much more than poccessing a desire to win. Everyone would like to be successful, however footy clubs are so much more. Country footy teams are the social fabric of a lot of smaller country towns with most getting as many people ainvolved that is possible in either a playing, volunteering or viewing capacity. I havent seen a BFL game for several years but was an attendee quite a bit through the 2010s, Unless things have improved drastically the amount of support at these games wasnt great, been at the QEO a few times where you could have fired a gun and not hit anyone.
Sounds like the EDFL regarding low crowds.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coming from a country footy background when I played EDFL the lack of attendance and atmosphere shocked me to be fair. But the turnouts at sandy and south haven’t been big either
When my club went from RDFL to EDFL I couldn't believe how low some of the crowds were. Even at finals games at Windy Hill etc. Nothing like a big crowd and a great atmosphere at country town! Will the Bendigo league have any night games this year? We always have a night game once a year and it pulls in a huge crowd

When my club went from RDFL to EDFL I couldn't believe how low some of the crowds were. Even at finals games at Windy Hill etc. Nothing like a big crowd and a great atmosphere at country town! Will the Bendigo league have any night games this year? We always have a night game once a year and it pulls in a huge crowd

I wonder how a night game at Maryborough would go? Nothing much to do on a Saturday night in town so maybe they might get a good crowd in and bring in some $$? Just a thought for the future

If you’re talking about Rupo they should be going back to the RDFL quick smart. Shouldn’t have left when they did but in all honesty they and the Sunbury Roos are RDFL clubs in my book and should be looking to go back now. The league has come out of dark times and now in a great position.

I wonder how a night game at Maryborough would go? Nothing much to do on a Saturday night in town so maybe they might get a good crowd in and bring in some $$? Just a thought for the future

Went to a game there vs Castlemaine night match prob 4 years ago. Good Friday or Anzac Day. Was a very good crowd but bloody freezing. Should look to do with Maine, flat ect early in season.

We have vastly different views in this forum but in a recent discussion the idea of playing night (or even twilight) games early in the season was widely supported. I notice the Goulburn Valley and Ovens & Murray both have a number of night games early in the season. The Ovens & Murray also has matches on Anzac day. I understand BFNL clubs (players) are not keen on these type of games and have moved away from them, but as they did draw good crowds in the past and are a success in the above major leagues.

I don't think the BFNL even offers one Sunday match for the entire home and away season. In all the circumstances the league faces at the moment it really is time to give supporters more choice and the opportunity of attending matches with a bit of 'atmosphere'.

Who hurt you Maggy? Did Sandhurst reserves regularly give you the business you when you were coming off the bench? Obsession is unhealthy.

Went to a game there vs Castlemaine night match prob 4 years ago. Good Friday or Anzac Day. Was a very good crowd but bloody freezing. Should look to do with Maine, flat ect early in season.
I get what you mean about the cold. Central Victoria gets bloody cold in winter! I'd love to see a night game in Bendigo comp. I'd come up from Sunbury to watch providing its wasn't on the same night as our night game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back