Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone down at Gisborne on Saturday able to confirm the Interleague captain knocked out behind the play?

Heard a whisper and apparently there’s some film going around of it.
Was there Saturday. He was thrown to the ground and either hit his head or had a knee dropped on him. Has to be a lengthy suspension. Was out straight away. The decision made by the umpires to throw the ball in while he was 2 meters away unconscious was as stupid as it gets.

Was there Saturday. He was thrown to the ground and either hit his head or had a knee dropped on him. Has to be a lengthy suspension. Was out straight away. The decision made by the umpires to throw the ball in while he was 2 meters away unconscious was as stupid as it gets.
Reaper was jumper punching a young Golden square player another square player came in and they got him to ground he hit his head on the ground and was out If you watch the vision I don’t think it’s worthy of a lengthy suspension. Got up and walked off the ground hopefully he’s doing okay!

Reaper was jumper punching a young Golden square player another square player came in and they got him to ground he hit his head on the ground and was out If you watch the vision I don’t think it’s worthy of a lengthy suspension. Got up and walked off the ground hopefully he’s doing okay!

Sounds like one for the big footy tribunal.

What time in the game does it happen?

Yeah not sure about a suspension, looked just like a wrestle that ended up horribly unluckily. Might have to get a week or two as a consequence though.

Not sure that bloke should be playing footy for a while, if ever again after that in this day and age though, that was a bad one.

Hank is spot on as well, deplorable umpiring, incredibly dangerous situation created. Hope they use that to learn from next time.

Yeah not sure about a suspension, looked just like a wrestle that ended up horribly unluckily. Might have to get a week or two as a consequence though.

Not sure that bloke should be playing footy for a while, if ever again after that in this day and age though, that was a bad one.

Hank is spot on as well, deplorable umpiring, incredibly dangerous situation created. Hope they use that to learn from next time.
Where's the replay of the game available?

Anyone clever enough to clip it up and post it?

Why get a week then?

I haven't seen it but if there's a fight about ro take place the umpires want the game to keep moving so things don't get out of hand

Anyone down at Gisborne on Saturday able to confirm the Interleague captain knocked out behind the play?

Heard a whisper and apparently there’s some film going around of it.
Do we need this kind of commentary? You obviously saw the film, looked pretty inconclusive to me and more like an accident from push and shove, having seen plenty of gisborne games in my time when they were a ruthless footy team, this wouldn't rate a mention.

Let's hope he's okay first and foremost as forrest says from that vision he shouldn't play for a month minimum, not sure we should pot the golden square guy either

Do we need this kind of commentary? You obviously saw the film, looked pretty inconclusive to me and more like an accident from push and shove, having seen plenty of gisborne games in my time when they were a ruthless footy team, this wouldn't rate a mention.

Let's hope he's okay first and foremost as forrest says from that vision he shouldn't play for a month minimum, not sure we should pot the golden square guy either
Sorry Trent next time before I ask a question I will make sure I have you read it and ok it’s content first! Ffs mate it’s a farrking gossip forum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unconscious from a head lock should be more than 1-2 weeks.

I have flashbacks to Danny Southern on Peter Sumich in the AFL. Shocking vision

I agree but in this instance it wasn’t the headlock that did the damage but tripping over so I think it reduces the penalty somewhat. I wouldn’t argue all that hard against more however, you just can’t have people being knocked out off the play.

I just had a look at the vision. In my opinion there is no way to tell what caused the concussion. Vision only captures a bit of a 2v1 scuffle, it could have been when they fell over he got knocked out. And given there were 2 square players there no way of telling who caused it.
As for the ball being thrown in, you can see the boundary ump checking 2-3 times, and I assume the central ump tells him to throw it in. With Reaper motionless on the ground 5 metres away. Mind boggling. Disgraceful. Embarrassing.

Watching again I reckon they will both have to explain themselves.
Just watched it now 3 more times, square 20 drags him down from behind and obviously causes the loss of balance and he ends up unconscious, pretty clear cut either both or 20 on his own are in for a “Please explain”.

I hope this is ok to say Trent?

Just watched it now 3 more times, square 20 drags him down from behind and obviously causes the loss of balance and he ends up unconscious, pretty clear cut either both or 20 on his own are in for a “Please explain”.

I hope this is ok to say Trent?
It's pretty evident there's a scuffle with both players hanging onto each other, no punch is thrown. To say from that footage what and how reaper hit he's head is totally unknown. I can't tell if it's a headlock, it's no danny southern peter sumich action though

I saw footage of reaper last year, try take a player out with he's head over the ball and reaper lined him up. I didn't see you come on big footy then and mention it. You've come on here and potted some young bloke, from square as a hit behind play, I don't like seeing players get injured or off the ball stuff but this is an accident

It's pretty evident there's a scuffle with both players hanging onto each other, no punch is thrown. To say from that footage what and how reaper hit he's head is totally unknown. I can't tell if it's a headlock, it's no danny southern peter sumich action though

I saw footage of reaper last year, try take a player out with he's head over the ball and reaper lined him up. I didn't see you come on big footy then and mention it. You've come on here and potted some young bloke, from square as a hit behind play, I don't like seeing players get injured or off the ball stuff but this is an accident
Maybe read my post again Trent, didn’t pot anyone, said he was “knocked out” In a “behind the play” incident.

Not sure where ur potting a young bloke comment has come from.

Is ok ok to say that it would seem square were soundly beaten on Saturday and will most likely not be involved in the business end of the year, hope that’s not potting square?

Maybe read my post again Trent, didn’t pot anyone, said he was “knocked out” In a “behind the play” incident.

Not sure where ur potting a young bloke comment has come from.

Is ok ok to say that it would seem square were soundly beaten on Saturday and will most likely not be involved in the business end of the year, hope that’s not potting square?
The ball was right there wasn't it, not exactly behind the play, sounds like a dog act on the footy field how I read it, maybe I jumped to conclusions, but I can't see from the footage how he got knocked out

Its only may, I think theyll get 5th, young tram and if toma and monti play more they might get dangerous in September but its a gisborne sandhurst grand final already for mine, looks like square, strath and Eaglehawk are 8 goals behind them and south maine and flat 15 goals off it and Maryborough 30

Crazy getting tips in early after last weeks 4 from 4

Gisborne 65
Strath 98
South 145
Sandhurst 76

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back