Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone know why the Bendigo Sadvertiser has turned off all comments ? Are they that worried about their poor reporting ?

It might be because they don’t want anyone to see how little interest there is in the articles?

I don’t recall many comments forthcoming when you could. I get why they do it but subscription has killed what was left of that paper.

Yep its a struggle to get one side on the park and add in no a grade netball
It is like a death by a thousand cuts. I know the people there are busting their guts, but not being able to field a reserve side is just not sustainable. What does it do to the morale of the remaining reserve players who just want to play a game of football with their mates and support the seniors. If senior players are injured in the 2nd half of the season they will have to be replayed by guys without any match practice. That is a recipe for more injuries.

What can be done?

1. Until the end of the season.

What about Maryborough reserves being topped up by players from the club with the bye and possibly surplus players from other clubs. If no stone is to be unturned by the club and the BFNL Board then give this a go.

2. At the end of the season.

Decision time. However, if the club is to continue in the BFNL it has to be able to field a reserves team. If necessary allow one year with a reserves and no seniors like Kyneton did a few years back if there is a shortage of players. If the club cannot regroup after one season like Kyneton did (and Corowa last year in the Ovens & Murray) then, if it is to continue, it has to merge with another local club(s) or go to a minor league - possible both.

As I said where's the new chair tomlinson, why can't he pull on the boots for the reserves and help, surely there's a few workers at afl central Vic who could help the club by pulling on the boots

I’ve gone very hard on the staff at times but even I draw the line at demanding they suit up and play 2s. 🤣🤣🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve gone very hard on the staff at times but even I draw the line at demanding they suit up and play 2s. 🤣🤣🤣
You know footy is still a community sport, what better way to engage with your community and understand some of the problems a club like Maryborough faces. If they play the year 5 or 6 of them I think it might help them understand their roles better

Recieved a thanks but no thanks for the council email. Can only try.

At least that gives you free rein to provide some direct feedback on their decisions or lack there of.

You know footy is still a community sport, what better way to engage with your community and understand some of the problems a club like Maryborough faces. If they play the year 5 or 6 of them I think it might help them understand their roles better

I’d rather see them on the gate or in the canteen, getting a taste for how much people are being flogged just to get by.

Trent the flight Steward curious why you deleted your post about them ringing around to sign people up to the council?

I was simply told my skill set matched a number of other candidates.

Crazy getting in early / another 4 from 4 this week

Gizzy - 65
Castlemaine - 24
Sandhurst - 70
Square - 250

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back