Bendigo FL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

OK then, what is the AFL CV boss man doing on a Monday apart from asking his co-workers "am I getting four cappuccinos or five, guys".

Maybe he can get the process into motion sooner rather than never.
Cooking them breakfast?

OK then, what is the AFL CV boss man doing on a Monday apart from asking his co-workers "am I getting four cappuccinos or five, guys".

Maybe he can start the process sooner rather than never.
He will be busy reassuring the remaining clubs that despite their being max 8 possibly 7 clubs in the comp next year that the top 5 will still play finals. Can’t upset the apple cart by dropping it back to a top 4.

After that, his next job will be to re-brand AFLCV logos as Heathcote is now the “premier” comp under his watch.

That leaves two options - Central Highlands and Riddell.

Or maybe even a left-field option - Loddon Valley?

This shiny, new council must come out and make a statement about its future plans for how the composition of the region's leagues look going into the future.

Something as simple as as "we are going to appoint a person/a working committee to conduct a review starting now and providing recommendations by November 30 with a view to implement a new competition structure for 2025". That would be a start. The big test would be to follow through and complete the process.

Don't hold you breath though.
Has to be Central Highlands in my opinion

This shiny, new council must come out and make a statement about its future plans for how the composition of the region's leagues look going into the future.

Something as simple as as "we are going to appoint a person/a working committee to conduct a review starting now and providing recommendations by November 30 with a view to implement a new competition structure for 2025". That would be a start. The big test would be to follow through and complete the process.

I’m not sure Wallen will be too keen on travelling 6 Hours to get to an away game in Marybrough

Maiden Gully spectacularly unsuccessful in LV wouldnt see them competing in the BFL

Maiden Gully makes sense from a demographics and junior numbers point of view and as I’ve said many times senior team success cannot be the major determination in whether a club should move.

Maiden Gully/YCW need a complete overhaul off field though if they are going to move forward in any league however.

Spoke to a couple of parents of Maiden Gully juniors who chose to go to Kangaroo Flat for under 18’s and they said there is no way they’d have anything to do with the Maiden Gully senior club….there’s the issue

Your mob pulling the pin Crazy?

They would be mad to not be looking - what a disaster. Makes Kyneton’s move seem even more justified. Don’t stay anywhere who doesn’t want you or anywhere that doesn’t respect regional teams

Ballarat would be mad not to be all over Gizzy as we speak.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very sad day for Bendigo footy. Again.

I’ll leave giving out a kicking but you’d hope a few people are looking hard into the mirror tonight.

Let’s deal with the practical though. If we run the hypothetical scenario that Gisborne leave next year and no one wants to join this shit show, is the league viable with 7 teams?

Will mean clubs have gone from 9 home games to 7, which is a big revenue hit. Factor in functions etc and you are looking at a hole as big as 20-30k.

Fixture will be awful, massive spread of rounds to get the season on usual dates with a bye and weeks off everywhere taking away any continuity.

It may well be the trigger that forces the long overdue restructure.

Too much travel if they join RDFNL especially to Wallan Diggers and Melton. CHFNL would be the way to go.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Now I get ya. I thought he was talking about Gisborne Giants for some reason.

Would it be possible?? They would be a handy side IMO.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I would have done it years ago and they could have stayed in the Bendigo League.

Simply too many clubs in such close proximity over there

Remove this Banner Ad

Back