Personal Experience Berenstein/Berenstain Bears evidence of parallel universes

Remove this Banner Ad

Actress Catherine O'Hara is best remembered for playing the mother Kate McAllister in Home Alone and Home Alone 2, and also Mrs. Dietz in Beetlejuice several years earlier in 1988. I also remember her in a comedy aimed at younger teenagers made in the late 1980s or very early 1990s in which O'Hara played an interesting inversion of the 'wicked stepmother' trope. In this movie O'Hara's character adores and dotes upon her glamorous stepdaughter, while ignoring and being dismissive of her plain, studious biological daughter.

Except she didn't. Not only is this film not listed on any page (IMDB, Wikipedia etc.) of Catherine O'Hara's filmography, my attempts to find this movie even existed were all in vain. Did I dream up this movie somehow or did it somehow slip into another dimension?

Actress Catherine O'Hara is best remembered for playing the mother Kate McAllister in Home Alone and Home Alone 2, and also Mrs. Dietz in Beetlejuice several years earlier in 1988. I also remember her in a comedy aimed at younger teenagers made in the late 1980s or very early 1990s in which O'Hara played an interesting inversion of the 'wicked stepmother' trope. In this movie O'Hara's character adores and dotes upon her glamorous stepdaughter, while ignoring and being dismissive of her plain, studious biological daughter.

Except she didn't. Not only is this film not listed on any page (IMDB, Wikipedia etc.) of Catherine O'Hara's filmography, my attempts to find this movie even existed were all in vain. Did I dream up this movie somehow or did it somehow slip into another dimension?

I kind of remember a film where she was mean

Any idea who the actors were who played the daughters? Director name? Some other info....a word in the movie title?

Sounds like it might have been her episode on the tv series "The Hidden Room".

One of the most iconic Christmas songs is 'All I Want For Christmas Is You' by Mariah Carey. It was written, recorded and released in 1994, but maybe because its hard to imagine Christmas without hearing this song, I could have sworn I heard it in the 1980s and earlier years of the 1990s when I was younger. Obviously I'm mistaken, but I looked up the song to see if there was an earlier version and the popular Mariah Carey version a cover, but this wasn't the case.

One of the most iconic Christmas songs is 'All I Want For Christmas Is You' by Mariah Carey. It was written, recorded and released in 1994, but maybe because its hard to imagine Christmas without hearing this song, I could have sworn I heard it in the 1980s and earlier years of the 1990s when I was younger. Obviously I'm mistaken, but I looked up the song to see if there was an earlier version and the popular Mariah Carey version a cover, but this wasn't the case.

It definitely has an 80s vibe about the song

I can't believe I'm still thinking about this stuff, and the Mick Dundee line in particular! But I've had a thought. What if the line was supposed to be "Now, that's a knife."? In that particular idiom, the "Now" is always followed by "That", never "This" so the lines would be:

Sue: He's got a knife.

Mick: (chuckling) That's not a knife.
(removes knife from his belt and brandishes it) Now, that's a knife!

It makes total sense, to me at least. But Paul Hogan was not a professional actor, and got it slightly wrong. Perhaps?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One with American sitcom 'That 70s Show'.

I always thought that the Forman family - Red, Kitty, Eric and Laurie - spelled their surname Foreman rather than Forman, and could have sworn I've seen it written as Foreman than Forman when the show was on TV.

Again, I must be mistaken; perhaps the patriarch of the family Red Forman could put me straight.

"My family's name has always been spelled F O R M A N, not F O R E M A N, you dumbass!"

From a book my missus is reading

605285099acb04ec410649dbd4f08522.jpg

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

I have always liked 1960s group 'The Four Seasons' but for years I was making one fundamental mistake with the original line-up of this band. I could always recognize Frankie Valli with his short stature and being the lead singer and Bob Gaudio, a very tall man who towered over his band-mates and played the keyboard. However for years when looking at pictures of the band I always thought Tommy DeVito was Nick Massi, and that Nick Massi was Tommy DeVito. I continued to think this even after seeing the Jersey Boys stage show and movie, and it was only when Tommy DeVito died with Covid 19 in 2020 that I realized I had this wrong for years. Maybe it was because Nick Massi is long deceased (he died of cancer in 2000) and that there are few photos of Tommy DeVito alone taken when the Four Seasons were in their hey-day that caused me to remember the two men wrongly.

I have a possible explanation for the Mandela Effect. If you say something nice about me, I may enlighten you.

You're welcome.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back