Other Teams
North Adelaide
I'll get the ball rolling this week....

Best Player

5 - Bassett - NO question.

4 - Edwards - Great 4 qtr effort

3 - Hart - Welcome back Sir Ben we missed you

2 - Reilly - Go junior!

1 - Roo - Not his usual game but worked hard all night.

Team Man

3 - Roo - Say no more

2 - Perrie - Did some great 1%ers..

1 - Rutten - Another fine game at full back.

Rookie

2 - Reilly. Sensational

Not the greatest game of football obviously, but a damn gutsy win by the boys - WELL DONE!

POTY
5 Bassett (first time I’ve ever thought he was more than just solid)
4 Stenglein (Covered a lot of ground and presented fought well)
3 Rutten (Kept us in it for the first 3 quarters)
2 Hart (we have missed him badly,,,,,,again)
1 Skipworth (I might have previously been a bit quick to judge him)

BTM
3 Goodwin (finding his feet again)
2 Edwards (Usual effort)
1 Perrie (Not what I was hoping for but a tradesman like solid effort)

ROOKIE
Rutten Mention for Jerico

Quote of the night “as technologically advanced as a camp fire, but it works” Dennis Committee

BOG

5. Bassett (resolute in defence)
4. Goodwin (really got better as the match went on)
3. Edwards (was everywhere early, thought he faded just a tad as the match progressed)
2. Reilly (racked up the disposals)
1. McGregor (took some valuable marks at CHB)

BTM

3. Bassett
2. McGregor
1. Perrie (good work rate)

Rookie

Reilly

alright here goes my debut votes

Best player

1) Bassett - he is a better player with rutten back there and hart! He's has his knockers but he was absolutely awesome tonight, Courageous, and his run, kept us in it in the first quarter.

2) Hart - Man! how we have missed him

3) Goodwin - the steadier we needed on a night like tonight...missed him also.

4) Mcgregor - Mr Consistent what more can i say

5) Perrie - just gets the nod above Edwards because of the pressure he had to deal with coming into this game

Best Team Man

1) Roo - Sacrificed his 25+ touches to be our most threatening forward.

2) Rutten - His spoil in the first quarter was awesome, played his heart out all game...he is a good egg.

3) Bassett - Put his body on the line so many times especially in the 1st quarter....b****y good one him! He will be a different man with Rutten down there and (hopefully) Hart being down there consistantly.

Rookie

RUTTEN - He was a rock down there, stoked to see him do well.

*Honourable mention to both Reily and Skipworth aswell....future looks good.

sh******se game, but i must say it was exciting, at some stages didnt know whether to laugh or cry but a win is a win.

Congrats to both the side for picking themselves up after last week, and to everyone who went, it was a great crowd and from watching it on tv they really got behind the boys...bring on 2005

Im sure Welsh will be reported, but hopefully he will get off, you have got to defend ourself. There was no high contact.

How did i go?

Bring on any critism haha

Originally posted by tatts00

How did i go?

Your doin well Tatts, exept that it goes 5,4,3,2,1 not 1,2,3,4,5.
18.7 posts per day is a bit of a worry though, at that rate you will catch stiffy:eek:

Originally posted by tatts00
How did i go?

Bring on any critism haha
Just one thing... It looks like you've got your numbers the wrong way around. It should be most votes to the best player, etc; like the Brownlow.

edit: this post is probably a bit redundant now. jc67 has beaten me to it.

POTY

5. Nathan Bassett
4. Ben Hart
3. Simon Goodwin
2. Mark Ricciuto
1. Brent Reilly

BTM

3. Mark Ricciuto
2. Nathan Bassett
1. Ben Rutten

Rookie

1. Brent Reilly

hahaha I had a ball tonight! I don't think I have laughed so much at footy game. :D

POTY

5 Nathan Bassett - Fabulous, just fabulous
4 Ben Hart - missed you buddy!!!
3 Tyson Edwards - good to see him back
2 Simon Goodwin - I love you Goody
1 Hayden Skipworth - love this little guy

Team Man

3 Nathan Bassett
2 Ben Hart
1 Ben Rutten

Rookie

Ben Rutten

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a craphouse game but full credit to the boys for sticking to their guns and gutting it out. Also credit where credit is due, I thought Craig's coaching tonight was fantastic. SOme of the moves he made unsettled the Roos a bit and was proactive rather than reactive. Didn't hesitate to make a change when it needed to be done. Well done to Craig.

Player of the year

5 - Nathan Bassett - If anyone else says that this bloke is a waste of space they should be banned from the board permanently:p. He was sensational and is relishing the opportunity to play as a 3rd tall.

4 - Simon Goodwin - Back to his best tonight. He was fantastic tonight.

3 - Tyson Edwards - Mr Consistency. Was good again tonight

2 - Ben Hart - Showed just how much difference he makes to our side. Kept his opponents quiet and provided plenty of reboud out of backline.

1 - Ken McGregor - Rock solid as usual. Petrie struggled and Kenny was just Kenny.:)

Best Team Man

3 - Ben Rutten - I am fast turning into a Ben Rutten fan. He has been very good since Craig took over and is going from strength to strength. If he continues at this rate we have ourselves a 10 year FB.

2 - Ian Perrie - Provided a much neede target at CHF. Worked his backside off.

1 - Tyson Stenglein - in and under, tough as nails, goes about his business with a minimum of fuss.

Rookie

Ben Rutten - See above.

Honourable mentions to Reilly, Jericho and Skippy who were VERY good tonight.

Just how good was the back 6.

B: _ Hart _ Rutten _ Bassett
HB: _ Goodwin _ McGregor _ Reilly

Thats as good a back 6 as we have had for a VERY VERY long time.

And if anyone told me before the game that we would win but woudn't kick a goal in the first half, I would have committed then to Glenside Hospital. What a wierd game of footy.

I'm suprised Jericho isn't getting many rookie votes. He made a huge difference when he came on. Was a real live wire.

Player of the year

5 - Nathan Bassett

4 - Simon Goodwin

3 - Ben Hart

2 - Ken McGregor

1 - Tyson Edwards

God its great to see Hart and Goodwin back in the votes.

Best Team Man

3 - Bassett

2 - Rutten

1 - Jericho

- Apologies to Perrie

Rookie

Jericho

Originally posted by Stiffy_18

Just how good was the back 6.

B: _ Hart _ Rutten _ Bassett
HB: _ Goodwin _ McGregor _ Reilly

Thats as good a back 6 as we have had for a VERY VERY long time.

Careful - thats what Wildy and Bone said after the game!!!

5. Bassett - agree with all the +'ves from everyone else
4. Goodwin - had a good one!!
3. Hart - played with a lot resolve and mongrel tonight!
2. McGregor - great to see him taking so many marks
1. Rutten - beginning to look like he has played for years - perhaps should have been for the past 3!

TM
3. Bassett - see above
2. Perrie - tried hard and was always doing the team thing - played a role tonigfht that the coach wanted i reckon
1. Roo - the ultimate team player

R
1. Rutten

For once it would been good to have more voting options for the rookie - that would have given Reiily and Skippy a look in too.

Originally posted by dezzmo
Careful - thats what Wildy and Bone said after the game!!!
Sheesh. For the first time I didn't listen to 5AA after the game and I pull that one out:(.

Still this is one time I would agree with then. Our back 6 were fantastic tonight. At the start of the game when I saw those 6 making their way to the back half I made a comment that it was best 6 II have seen for a long time with the crows and they didn't disappoint.

And Torney and Begley would line up there somewhere as well - makes you wonder how they can fit Smith and Parker in - I'd rather not just for the sake of it!

Looking over this thread I can't believe that I left Goodwin out of my votes:eek: My only excuse is that I was in a rush to get the thread up.:p

Undoubtedly the worst game I've ever been to from a spectator point of view. An absolute shocking display of a lack of skills from both sides. But full marks to the boys for at least giving it all they had from an effort point of view.

POTY

5. Bassett - The outstanding player for the Crows with a gutsy effort in defence.
4. Goodwin - just showed how much his absence has hurt us with a great display of ball gathering all around the ground.
3. Hart - another who showed how much we have missed him - welcome back Mr Consistency.
2. Edwards - having possibly his best year when the club isn't. good game Tyson and you do have skills.
1. McGregor - won his position at CHB quite clearly as he has all year.

Best Team Man

3. Rutten - his solid efforts at FB have helped Bassett lift his game to a new level
2. Skipworth - worked his arse off all night and helped turn the early tide
1. Stenglein - similar comment to Skippy.

Rookie

Reilly

Not easy. Good efforts from Rutten, Skippy, Jericho and Reilly, but I finally settled on Reilly for sheer class.

Originally posted by macca23
Undoubtedly the worst game I've ever been to from a spectator point of view. An absolute shocking display of a lack of skills from both sides. But full marks to the boys for at least giving it all they had from an effort point of view.
How soon do we forget. While it was a crap game to watch it was still miles better than the game against Sydney at the SCG this year. Now that was THE worst game of all time. That was a shocker.

Originally posted by Stiffy_18
How soon do we forget. While it was a crap game to watch it was still miles better than the game against Sydney at the SCG this year. Now that was TEH worst game of all time. That was a shocker.
You're probably right - this one had a bit more movement up and down the ground - between all the clangers, turnovers and skill errors!!

From what i have heard about the sydney game im glad i had a 21st to go to....are you telling me it was worse than what it sounded like on the radio? glad i only snuck out 3x throughout the game then haha

bring on 2005 or 6 or 7!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back