Big Day Out 2008 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Highlights:

Rage Against The Machine - Awesome set, with so much intensity

Grinspoon - Thought they were brilliant in getting the crowd to fire up in the mid-arvo. Also played Secrets to which gets a big :thumbsu: from me.

Arcade Fire - First time seeing them, and I wasn't disappointed. Very good band, great intensity in their performance, too.

Dizzee Rascal - My mate want to see him in the Boiler Room, I tagged along, and it was hectic in there, but also very fun!

Karnivool - They were very impressive, great set-list, no mucking around, just getting stuck into it. Love it when bands do that.

Silverchair - Their set was basically like the one they performed at in the Powderchair tour. They were good, and really set the crowd up for RATM with a very energetic performance.

Low-Lights:

Bjork - UGH! Just can't stand her.

Operator Please - Oh dear! I know they're young, but I just can't see anything in them. Such a potty mouth bunch of kids, too. They started playing the opening riff to Sweet Child O' Mine, then stopped, thank god they did, they would've absoilutely murdered that song.

Faker - They were good last year, but they disappointed me this year. I just couldn't get into their set.

Was Silverchair mainly there new album, or more of there older stuff.

I might amble over for a look if I have time but im not really interested in there latest album.

Silverchair opened with The Greatest View, but played a lot of songs off of Young Modern. The only songs they didn't play off of Young Modern were The Greatest View, Ana's Fire and Freak, if my memory serves me correct. They were on stage for an hour, 6:30-7:30.

At the Gold Coast BDO they were still selling tickets on the day, which was ****ing weird, considering I couldn't get a ticket, until a mate couldn't go. So that was definantely weird seeing them selling tickets on the day.

Silverchair opened with The Greatest View, but played a lot of songs off of Young Modern. The only songs they didn't play off of Young Modern were The Greatest View, Ana's Fire and Freak, if my memory serves me correct. They were on stage for an hour, 6:30-7:30.

Cheers ill give them a miss then. Had a feeling it would be something like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can somebody please tell me what Paul Kelly's set was like? The classics or mainly his new album? My day hangs on this info.

although it could be a blessing in disguise for sydney... arcade fire will be amazing at night, have much more presence than playing in daylight... great prelude to rage against the machine...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back