Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

It's that "what if" that keeps me in the circles of people looking for bands and members and stuff. I think the prime time to really do it is early to mid 20s, because now that I'm getting well into 30s there seems to be more important things in life but it's something I can't quite let go of. I'm also probably too set in my own ways, fairly intolerant of others and ideas outside of my own, and all in all probably too difficult to work with. That's why doing something solo would be better but without others I often lack the motivation and I've scrapped my material about 3 or 4 times in the past 3 years because I wasn't completely happy with it.

I just don't want to see you waste your talent. You'll be a lot happier just doing something by yourself and putting it on the internet than not doing anything at all, but there's nothing to stop you from hoping that a proper band can form. I have some creative endeavours in another field myself, so as to your last point, I completely understand how perfectionism can be a curse.

I own every album on all four lists bar two - shouldn't be too hard to work out. Still strapped for time but I agree with Conspiracy. It was my first KD and remains my favourite (the Eye behind it). Surprised Agent Orange or Beneath the Remains didn't make either list. Also agree with your comments on that Sabbat album - it is incredible and it is a pity that they could not keep that standard (I can't get into the following two albums).

I own every album on all four lists bar two - shouldn't be too hard to work out. Still strapped for time but I agree with Conspiracy. It was my first KD and remains my favourite (the Eye behind it). Surprised Agent Orange or Beneath the Remains didn't make either list. Also agree with your comments on that Sabbat album - it is incredible and it is a pity that they could not keep that standard (I can't get into the following two albums).

Mindcrime, Long Cold Winter or DRFSR?

Last edited:
Behemoth/Anthrax/Slayer sideshow was decent. Behemoth the clear standout, just watching Inferno go about his work was a privilege. Anthrax played a fun set of all the hits and very few of their new songs. Not exactly at the top of their game but i didnt expect any more from them. Slayer were just okay, some songs they seemed to play well and others weren't so good, im primarily referring to the vocals. Download tomorrow and doubt ill see the full set from Slayer but ill probably catch the start, hopefully hear Disciple and then decide if i want to see/hear anymore. Keen for JP, AIC, Ruins, alien weaponry tomorrow as well

dwwaino is Gevurah any good? $27 at JB. I will order from PL but seeing it prompted the question. Just grabbed new Deserted Fear and Candlemass.

Which one? Sulphur Soul is the one I found at JB but it's only a 4 track EP so the price is a bit steep. If you can find their previous full length Hallelujah! though that's pretty good. Sounds a bit like early Deathspell Omega. I haven't completely got a read on what they're about. Heaps of their stuff is in Yiddish, but there is a Satanic theme going through. I imagine they're right into the Kabbalah (hence the name) but it's more of a dark gnostic spin on hasidic judaism.

Was gonna get there early for Ruins but unlikely now. Behemoth should be the first band of the day and hopefully a few beers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the set up in terms of cash or card? Do I need to get some money out before heading in?

What's the set up in terms of cash or card? Do I need to get some money out before heading in?

They should have card, but I never go without cash to be on the safe side. There's no trains from Flinders St, you have to go from Southern Cross; just heading in now, hoping to see most of Ruins.

They should have card, but I never go without cash to be on the safe side. There's no trains from Flinders St, you have to go from Southern Cross; just heading in now, hoping to see most of Ruins.

They are running from there according to the Download app.

Edit: nevermind, bad wording

Cards worked a treat in sydney, but always best to take cash too.
Was a really well run festival and better than expected to be honest.
Have a ball!

Last edited:
Just got here. Some fagcore band called I Prevail is on. What a pack of utensils - think Backstreet Boys meets Linkin Park. Absolute bottom of the barrel garbage.

Caught most of Ruins, now waiting for Behemoth.

Which one? Sulphur Soul is the one I found at JB but it's only a 4 track EP so the price is a bit steep. If you can find their previous full length Hallelujah! though that's pretty good. Sounds a bit like early Deathspell Omega. I haven't completely got a read on what they're about. Heaps of their stuff is in Yiddish, but there is a Satanic theme going through. I imagine they're right into the Kabbalah (hence the name) but it's more of a dark gnostic spin on hasidic judaism.

The new one. Probably order online as most releases on PL are decent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back