Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Turbo over training lunch (Painkiller and British Steel during session). Might browse Netflix for a couple of hours until the rain passes and then go walking.

I'm all over Painkiller right now. Hard to identify a catalyst for this renewed love but I'm certainly not fighting it. I reckon I've played 'Between the Hammer and the Anvil' 1,000 times in 7 days.

I struggle with dubbed material. I think it's for lazy fu**s who do not want to read subtitles. Never watch any dubbed Japanese material unless there is no alternate (think I have one dvd where the f***ers only have English audio). I was hoping Netflix would give you the option on audio - does it? For years I used to wonder what the fu** was going on with Dario Argento films - sometimes they look dubbed, other times they don't. Argento always had actors from all over the world and apparently he allowed them to deliver the lines in their native tongue! Picture the set where there's an Italian, a German and an American!

Tenebre my all time fave DA film. When the axe comes through the window and severs the arm....Epic.

I struggle with dubbed material. I think it's for lazy fu**s who do not want to read subtitles. Never watch any dubbed Japanese material unless there is no alternate (think I have one dvd where the f***ers only have English audio). I was hoping Netflix would give you the option on audio - does it? For years I used to wonder what the fu** was going on with Dario Argento films - sometimes they look dubbed, other times they don't. Argento always had actors from all over the world and apparently he allowed them to deliver the lines in their native tongue! Picture the set where there's an Italian, a German and an American!

That's how Sergio Leone did it (and I'm guessing a lot of the other directors, too). Clint Eastwood filmed the best work of his career with co-workers he couldn't even speak to (except for Unforgiven of course, but the Dollars trilogy is unmatched).

I ****ing love Spaghetti Westerns.

Watched 3rd episode of Stranger Things S1. Enjoy the nostalgia but could do with a little less of the teenage love theme. Might watch first episode of Dark next.

Take away the nostalgia and there's nothing left. The show is all soundtrack and BMXs.

There is a show I'm itching to get back into on Netflix called Dark. Not sure if you've seen it before. It's a German show, dubbed in English so it takes a little getting used to but it's a real mindfu** with some time travel stuff. Season two came out late last year but after one episode I had to stop because it had been so long since I had watched the first season. Need to start again or at least rewatch a few episodes so I can know wtf is going on again.

Looked it up. Seems really good, might have to check it out. I been watching Outlander which I'm loving. A bit romance-y, but was drawn in since it's based in Scotland and involves a bit of time travel too. First two seasons are excellent, (Up to season 5 now) but the last two are more based around American Revolution. But overall it's well written and acted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ozark is freaking great. Slow burn stuff. The guy I met who was the banker for at least 1 Mexican drug cartel (planted by the CIA) told me it’s the closest thing to reality of how it (moving dirty money around) works that he has seen.

Don't think we're gonna let you just leave us with one sentence about the CIA plant. Divulge what you can.

Don't think we're gonna let you just leave us with one sentence about the CIA plant. Divulge what you can.

Lol. I could talk for an hour on the stuff he told me. Also met a guy who worked inside Area 51 for years. Didn’t get a whole lot out of him tbh, but he did say the stuff people know of (eg stealth bombers, cloaking etc) is so far behind the technology they’ve actually got it would blow your mind.

I should note that I don't know these people, my dad introduces me from time to time as he operated 'in the shadows' for decades. Great dinner parties.

Last edited:
Lol. I could talk for an hour on the stuff he told me. Also met a guy who worked inside Area 51 for years. Didn’t get a whole lot out of him tbh, but he did say the stuff people know of (eg stealth bombers, cloaking etc) is so far behind the technology they’ve actually got it would blow your mind.

I should note that I don't know these people, my dad introduces me from time to time as he operated 'in the shadows' for decades. Great dinner parties.

.....and the finger was pointed at me by dwwaino for so long! Be some great material for sure.

Mindhunter is probably my favourite from Netflix. Brilliant stuff focussing on the background to the FBI’s groundbreaking move to profile and interview Serial
Killers as a means of understanding them. Obviously drew a lot of criticism from within but is standard practice now.

Another one to add to the list.

Seriously good stuff. The guy who plays Manson is brilliant. As is the guy playing the Ed Kemper character.

Edward Kemper was interviewed in the Killing of America from memory. That Macabre song is a ripper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back