Remove this Banner Ad

James Colorado

Club Legend
Aug 25, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
The Baggy Green, Storm, Celtic F.C.
Someone's created a video for Sodom - Marines on YT. It's something that should be seen to give an understanding of the horrors of war, that one in particular.

It's composed only of genuine archival footage, and it's all there. Zippos on hooches, mass graves, General Loan committing a summary execution, that little girl whose clothes were burned off from napalm, the Ace of Spades being used as a calling card, etc. Nothing is edited, but that was the first televised war (I remember coming home from class and watching the Iraq invasion as a point of comparison, and the broadcasters had obviously learnt what not to show by then).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dee Snider

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 17, 2006
Burning in Hell
AFL Club
Collingwood
Someone's created a video for Sodom - Marines on YT. It's something that should be seen to give an understanding of the horrors of war, that one in particular.

It's composed only of genuine archival footage, and it's all there. Zippos on hooches, mass graves, General Loan committing a summary execution, that little girl whose clothes were burned off from napalm, the Ace of Spades being used as a calling card, etc. Nothing is edited, but that was the first televised war (I remember coming home from class and watching the Iraq invasion as a point of comparison, and the broadcasters had obviously learnt what not to show by then).
There’s one with Slovenian war footage too.

PoppedCorn

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 29, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
West Ham 76ers
5 string now arrives first week of october
Ordered it late May
Was meant to be early Sept
Was gonna go troppo but I am getting $150 of some Darkglass stuff so a few more weeks ain't that bad

But damn late may seems like it was 1988 ago

(Log in to remove this ad.)

deathevocation

Coffee. Football. Metal.
Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns
Prime period kreator, will watch full clip later but this looks good
Found myself on Mille’s instagram this week. Read a comment about how he has also been against social injustice/racism/bigotry etc because he comes from a punk background etc. Seems he is forgetting the Terrible Certainty ‘no thanks’ list again. Haha. I know people change, hold immature views when younger and that life is fluid etc, but don’t pretend you never had a no thanks to ‘******s and gays for spreading aids’ on one of your albums. Have more respect if he owned the comment, particularly on the recent album which had that anti homophobic song ‘Side by Side’.

Top Bottom