Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

I think my first gig was the Rolling Stones at the MCG, but my first "proper" gig was Cathedral at Joey's Ministry of Sound in Prahran. I saw a white limmo rock up to the venue but not 100% sure it was the band. Watching Lee Dorrian strangle himself to the point his face was turning purple was definitely impressionable.

Today’s album shuffle includes: Paradise Lost, Paganizer, Baptism, Asphyx, October Tide, Inanimate Existence, Andy James, Obscura, Tankard, Gojira, Endstille and Arch Enemy

Attachments

• IMG_4179.jpeg
    IMG_4179.jpeg
    646.9 KB · Views: 3
RC were spectacular!!!! Only better live act this year has been Midnight. Based on tonight I got a ticket to Monday (not going tomorrow, but there's still some available). I'm gonna bully my boss into giving me AL on Tuesday so I can enjoy it properly.

I arrived during Jungle Rot, so need to go on Monday to see their full set. What I did see was excellent. Got their tour shirt though; image is not something I can wear to work (Vietnam War execution).

From the merch desk, got RC's Passage to Arcturo, and Jungle Rot's Slaughter the Weak /Warzone, Dead and Buried, and Fueled by Hate.

RC were spectacular!!!! Only better live act this year has been Midnight. Based on tonight I got a ticket to Monday (not going tomorrow, but there's still some available). I'm gonna bully my boss into giving me AL on Tuesday so I can enjoy it properly.

I arrived during Jungle Rot, so need to go on Monday to see their full set. What I did see was excellent. Got their tour shirt though; image is not something I can wear to work (Vietnam War execution).

From the merch desk, got RC's Passage to Arcturo, and Jungle Rot's Slaughter the Weak /Warzone, Dead and Buried, and Fueled by Hate.

Did RC have much music for sale?

Did RC have much music for sale?

On CD I only saw Passage to Arcturo and The Heretics, but there was a lot of vinyl; seemingly most of their albums. Cassettes were also on the price list, but I didn't see any (would love to get the original demos). The vinyl was very popular judging by the amount of people walking out with some. I'll have a look for more CDs on Monday.

CDs were $40 each, so not cheap, but in this context the bands get a greater cut, I would think, so happy to pay to help out.

On CD I only saw Passage to Arcturo and The Heretics, but there was a lot of vinyl; seemingly most of their albums. Cassettes were also on the price list, but I didn't see any (would love to get the original demos). The vinyl was very popular judging by the amount of people walking out with some. I'll have a look for more CDs on Monday.

CDs were $40 each, so not cheap, but in this context the bands get a greater cut, I would think, so happy to pay to help out.

Will have to wait and see what is left by Wednesday night. And you're right, always happy to pay more when the $ are going straight in their pockets.

Gee $40 is steep though. Jungle Rot cds priced like this?

Gee $40 is steep though. Jungle Rot cds priced like this?

Yep. I know you don't rate them, but they're not a big act, so I'm happy to support them.

Yep. I know you don't rate them, but they're not a big act, so I'm happy to support them.

Yeah not a big fan but have most of their cds. Haha. Was gonna fill a couple of holes - maybe only one. Doubt I’d ever wear the tour shirt so won’t be buying that one.

Yeah not a big fan but have most of their cds. Haha. Was gonna fill a couple of holes - maybe only one. Doubt I’d ever wear the tour shirt so won’t be buying that one.

Tour shirt is actually worse than I thought. I got home, saw my reflection, and realised the US Special Forces soldier is holding up the decapitated head of a VC (I thought he was holding a gun to his head). Not my best purchase. Will probably only wear it again if they tour in future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buying CDs at a gig is like buying wine to take home after touring the winery. You know you’re overpaying but don’t care; just happy to be there and feel a part of it. I’ll always do it.

Buying CDs at a gig is like buying wine to take home after touring the winery. You know you’re overpaying but don’t care; just happy to be there and feel a part of it. I’ll always do it.

It's why they can afford to keep doing it. Not many are rich (Metallica are, AC/DC another level up); even a band like Kreator level are probably only making a comfortable living. Bands like RC do well, but not making the money they would if they studied to be lawyers or doctors.

It's why they can afford to keep doing it. Not many are rich (Metallica are, AC/DC another level up); even a band like Kreator level are probably only making a comfortable living. Bands like RC do well, but not making the money they would if they studied to be lawyers or doctors.

Spot on. And given you studied Law, I presume you’ll be buying plenty.

Tour shirt is actually worse than I thought. I got home, saw my reflection, and realised the US Special Forces soldier is holding up the decapitated head of a VC (I thought he was holding a gun to his head). Not my best purchase. Will probably only wear it again if they tour in future.

Haha exactly.

Parked near Heartland and picked up new Accept lp, Exhorder ‘The Law’ lp repress, Testament ‘New World Order’ lp repress and Loudness ‘TitE’ Euro pressing from the 80s. Passed on new Darkthrone as I’ve read the vinyl pressing is faulty. Up on level 3 happily not being yelled at by Max Lynch. Ulver’s ‘Bergtatt’ on way in to match today’s shirt. New Coffins now.

Parked near Heartland and picked up new Accept lp, Exhorder ‘The Law’ lp repress, Testament ‘New World Order’ lp repress and Loudness ‘TitE’ Euro pressing from the 80s. Passed on new Darkthrone as I’ve read the vinyl pressing is faulty. Up on level 3 happily not being yelled at by Max Lynch. Ulver’s ‘Bergtatt’ on way in to match today’s shirt. New Coffins now.

I'll be wandering in shortly. Just finishing lunch on Bourke St. Pretty sure they've gone back to scanning the physical membership cards for Marvel, lol.

Did you get admitted and didn’t like it or just decided to do something else?

Got admitted, never had a chance to practise. The stuff I'm into is more academic anyway (international law, constitutional law). I wanted to be a criminal lawyer, and was very good at it at uni, but when I did my placement for admission it was all sex crimes. I knew that going in, but it's different when you actually see it applied to real people rather than case studies.

Got admitted, never had a chance to practise. The stuff I'm into is more academic anyway (international law, constitutional law). I wanted to be a criminal lawyer, and was very good at it at uni, but when I did my placement for admission it was all sex crimes. I knew that going in, but it's different when you actually see it applied to real people rather than case studies.

Yeah. Heard a number of horror stories. One lady I knew who was working as a commercial litigator did some time at legal aid in Heidelberg straight out of uni. Said it was all sex crime. I couldn’t do it. Also had a friend who was dating a female detective who was in the sex crime squad. He said the stories she would tell him were terrible.

Yeah. Heard a number of horror stories. One lady I knew who was working as a commercial litigator did some time at legal aid in Heidelberg straight out of uni. Said it was all sex crime. I couldn’t do it. Also had a friend who was dating a female detective who was in the sex crime squad. He said the stories she would tell him were terrible.

Yeah would be a very tough gig imo. On the flip side, I’ve several mates who rotate in and out of the armed robbery/drug units and the stories they tell are freaking amazing!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back