Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I know. Was a good opportunity to put guilty pleasures out there given Kersey threw a couple of opinions that go against the grain of many.

At the end of the day I like metal, it'd make up 95% or more of the music I listen to, and I like what I like. I have zero issues if people disagree with some because music, while great being enjoyed in company, is a personal thing.

Yeah I know. Was a good opportunity to put guilty pleasures out there given Kersey threw a couple of opinions that go against the grain of many.

At the end of the day I like metal, it'd make up 95% or more of the music I listen to, and I like what I like. I have zero issues if people disagree with some because music, while great being enjoyed in company, is a personal thing.
We all have guilty pleasures. I like Evanescence and the Anti-Nowhere League. Not metal per se, but metal is what binds us together as a community. And at the end of the day, we can all laugh at Dee Snider for being a Collingwood fan and drink some beers. :p

It's alright, we still don't let him forget that he's wrong about Heartwork.

A question for all, has anyone used Northern Carpark at the Melbourne Park precinct before? I'm going down to Iron Maiden with a friend and I want to get some feedback if this is a good place and easy place to park.

Park in the city and walk down. 180 Russell is an address of a Wilson carpark you can book online for - will be a 15 min walk. Believe me you don't want to park in the Melbourne Park precinct.

Park in the city and walk down. 180 Russell is an address of a Wilson carpark you can book online for - will be a 15 min walk. Believe me you don't want to park in the Melbourne Park precinct.
Sounds great, but my knees are ****ed, would struggle to walk 15 mins without being in a lot of pain. But I have been at Wilson Carpark though. There's one on the opposite side of the MCG, but this maybe a similar walk.

Been listening to a bit of Midnight. Enjoying them.

Saw they came to Australia recently and was in two minds since I didn't think I liked them enough (and wasn't too familiar), but kinda regretting not at least giving them a spin prior to make sure! Probably would've went.

A question for all, has anyone used Northern Carpark at the Melbourne Park precinct before? I'm going down to Iron Maiden with a friend and I want to get some feedback if this is a good place and easy place to park.

I'm fortunate in that it's actually easier for me to take the train in that it is to drive (I avoid driving in the city, too congested and everyone moves too slow). Whenever I do need to drive, I normally park in a side street, but it's a 5km walk, so not good for you 😞 (I did get a park about 30m away from the Corner Hotel for Suffocation, though).

There are trams that run through the Melbourne Park precinct, so that may be helpful if you take the train or park a little way away. Just remember there may be footy finals traffic on that weekend, too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm fortunate in that it's actually easier for me to take the train in that it is to drive (I avoid driving in the city, too congested and everyone moves too slow). Whenever I do need to drive, I normally park in a side street, but it's a 5km walk, so not good for you 😞 (I did get a park about 30m away from the Corner Hotel for Suffocation, though).

There are trams that run through the Melbourne Park precinct, so that may be helpful if you take the train or park a little way away. Just remember there may be footy finals traffic on that weekend, too.
Yep with my team most likely playing ^_^

Yeah it did come across that way to me a bit as well. I really like the grandoise kinda style, though.

Yeah wasn't get stuck in just seemed every track followed same sort of formula with vocal lines, drumming, chorus etc.

Today’s album shuffle: Arch Enemy, Moonsorrow, Ophidian I, Def Leppard, Impaled, Apeiron, Infestus, Arckanum, Motörhead, Casket Robbery, Scorpions and Cattle Decapitation

Attachments

• IMG_4338.jpeg
    IMG_4338.jpeg
    567.8 KB · Views: 3
Yeah wasn't get stuck in just seemed every track followed same sort of formula with vocal lines, drumming, chorus etc.
Feels identical to that solo album he put out 2 or so years ago as well. Wonder why he didn't just release that under the Rotting Christ name. 'The Heretics' album kinda similar as well from memory. Guess he's copy and pasting a bit the last few years, haha

Today’s album shuffle: Arch Enemy, Moonsorrow, Ophidian I, Def Leppard, Impaled, Apeiron, Infestus, Arckanum, Motörhead, Casket Robbery, Scorpions and Cattle Decapitation
Love Moonsorrow. They don't have a bad album at all. Really wondering when they're going to put a new album out... been too long.

Speaking of Rotting Christ as well, Moonsorrow's cover of Non Serviam is a belter as well.

Been listening to a bit of Midnight. Enjoying them.

Saw they came to Australia recently and was in two minds since I didn't think I liked them enough (and wasn't too familiar), but kinda regretting not at least giving them a spin prior to make sure! Probably would've went.
I saw them twice, thought they're more suited to a big stage where they can jump about. It was a decent turnout in Melbourne, maybe 400, so may be back in a few years. A mate in the US has seen like 8 or 9 times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back