Feedback BigFooty Style Upgrade - Feedback and bugs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance of changing the font, it hard to read and blurry and hard to read after a while.
Sorry forgot to add, using a desk top,
I do like the layout its just hard to read due to the font even when I expand to fit a full size 24" screen

or is there a way to increase the font size or change it.

I think Chief answered this when I asked the other day; there's a minor difference in front sizing versus the old one.

I think if the font can be marginally enlarged, and the background made a bit darker? Something about the screen seems brighter to me, but i'm not sure where or why exactly.

I think Chief answered this when I asked the other day; there's a minor difference in front sizing versus the old one.

I think if the font can be marginally enlarged, and the background made a bit darker? Something about the screen seems brighter to me, but i'm not sure where or why exactly.

I get chronic migraines, i'm finding the new palate too light, even with the contrast on my monitors set to 'muddy'

View attachment 528292

Only issue I can find. Clicking my supported club button takes me to the forums menu not the GFC hub.
Now fixed. Thanks for picking that up. Interestingly it was entwined with a mobile add-on hacked together over the years. This is an example of the hacks that led us to upgrade the site style entirely.

Would it be a problem?
Yes, the mobile style being a completely separate style to the desktop style is a problem that this style upgrade fixes. We have had to maintain two separate styles for many years, which is not optimal.

Night mode please
I don't think it would be too hard to run a sub-style that inherits all but the colour palette. It won't happen today though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The new theme is ugly as sin.

I know the old design didn't work for mods/admin but surely that didn't necessitate changing the overall look of the site?

At least with Reddit you can opt out. I don't think you can here?

Now fixed. Thanks for picking that up. Interestingly it was entwined with a mobile add-on hacked together over the years. This is an example of the hacks that led us to upgrade the site style entirely.
Much better.
Now I'm as happy as can be, I like this change overall.

Yes, the mobile style being a completely separate style to the desktop style is a problem that this style upgrade fixes. We have had to maintain two separate styles for many years, which is not optimal.
Were there complaints about there being two separate styles? Seems a bit regressive to not provide a mobile option.

New alerts are not highlighted in yellow.

Yours came up as yellow to me. The second you mouse cursor over it it turned white.

The new theme is ugly as sin.

I know the old design didn't work for mods/admin but surely that didn't necessitate changing the overall look of the site?

At least with Reddit you can opt out. I don't think you can here?
It was, however, broken in ways that were not readily apparent to day to day users.

It was, however, broken in ways that were not readily apparent to day to day users.

I get that.

It's probably a case of "That's not the BigFooty I know..." and after a week or so of adjusting to the new look it wont be an issue.

Were there complaints about there being two separate styles? Seems a bit regressive to not provide a mobile option.
Yes, complaints from me and anyone who had to maintain the site.

The site is responsive now - it uses the same style but rearranges itself to fit mobile screens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back