Player Watch Billy Frampton

Remove this Banner Ad

Give him a break mate. New system, needs some time to adjust, his pressure has been elite and works his ass off, goals will come on the back of that
It seems many fans don't watch other teams play. Schultz is a matchwinner and big game performer. He has proven this already. The comments about him being a bad pick and a waste of a first rounder have no idea. Give him time. As long as he is applying the defensive pressure he stays and then the goals will definitely come.

He did some good defensive jobs last year but got thrown all over the ground as the season wore on.

He was kept out of the team for round 1 which was a win over the Cats.

Came in to play in defence in rounds 2 and 3, where he played well against Port and Richmond, both at the G. Particularly the Richmond game on Lynch. We won both of those too.

Round 4 he was in defence but we got badly beaten by Brisbane, as we didn’t have a ruckman and our mids were very fumbly.

Then round 5-8 Frampton played ruck and we won every game, and then he didn’t play round 9 at all? I can’t remember if there was a reason or he was just omitted.

Round 9 we smacked the Giants without Frampton in the side, and then we just seemed to forget that he wasn’t actually recruited to play ruck, and that he’d done very well playing as a defender?!

Very strange.

It seems many fans don't watch other teams play. Schultz is a matchwinner and big game performer. He has proven this already. The comments about him being a bad pick and a waste of a first rounder have no idea. Give him time. As long as he is applying the defensive pressure he stays and then the goals will definitely come.

Bloody spot on mate. The ball is actually coming to ground now, it'll click for him. However I'm rapt Joey richards kicked 6 today in VFL. He again was called worse than a local player by a certain few on here. I wouldn't be mad if he came in to chop out if someone got hurt or anything

Best game for the club. Was fantastic. Killed em. Love being wrong about Billy

Well said GC. If it wasn’t Billy’s best (he played well in games last year when we had no Cameron, Cox or McStay IIRC) then it was close to, and probably the most important. We desperately needed the win and Billy delivered. Daniher normally kills us.

We are 14-4 with Frampton in the side (8-4 without).

2 losses to Brisbane in H&A
1 loss to Melbourne on KB
1 loss to the Saints

Team is 22-8 since he was traded in.

His season high for disposals in 2023 was 15. In both of his games in 2024 he’s had 15 disposals.

1 loss to the Saints

His season high for disposals in 2023 was 15. In both of his games in 2024 he’s had 15 disposals.
You could argue he is now our best key defender.

Last 2 games have been his best for us but they are still below what he did in 2022 for the Crows. I think still has improvement in him. We just need Moore up and firing.

Round 6 2022 - Bulldogs vs Crows at Mars Stadium

The remarkable rise of Billy Frampton
It's often a last-ditch resort with tall forwards – throw them in defence and see what happens. After a few shaky games and moments, Frampton was immense against the Dogs, recording a career-high 26 disposals at 89 per cent efficiency, 10 intercepts, nine marks and 502 metres gained.

Can't wait till Big Bad Bustling Billy has a game like that for us!

Yea hoping this could be another Dunn, Roughead like FB recruitment for cheap
Man, I loved Lynden Dunn. It took him no time to become a rock in our defense. He was having a terrific year in 2018 before he got injured. Hilarious that the Dees got rid of him thinking Oscar McDonald was ready to replace him 😂

Roughy was great for a long time for us. He looked cooked in his last year at the Doggies. We traded pick 75 for him during the last 30 mins of the trade period. One of our best trades of the last 10 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think Billy will ever kick a goal like Leroy did in the 2010 Prelim!
My favourite game of last year was our come from behind against Essendon, when we were 27 points down at 3Q. Triple-B, Big Bad Bussling Billy (in fact that’s Quattro-B), kicked the first goal in the last to start our comeback! It had no right angled off-break but was pivotal in our come back.

Go watch that last Q, when RamBeau rag-dolls half the oppo in a single quarter, it’s a thing of farken beauty.

My favourite game of last year was our come from behind against Essendon, when we were 27 points down at 3Q. Triple-B, Big Bad Bussling Billy (in fact that’s Quattro-B), kicked the first goal in the last to start our comeback! It had no right angled off-break but was pivotal in outcome back.

Go watch that last Q, when RamBeau rag-dolls half the oppo in a single quarter, it’s a thing of farken beauty.
That was a sensational quarter of football

My favourite game of last year was our come from behind against Essendon, when we were 27 points down at 3Q. Triple-B, Big Bad Bussling Billy (in fact that’s Quattro-B), kicked the first goal in the last to start our comeback! It had no right angled off-break but was pivotal in our come back.

Sensational game of football, comrade, and Big Billy's goal was magnificent. Something tells me that by the end of the year, the 2023 GF Frampton memes will have completely disappeared.

Whilst I respect the creativity, I hesitate that "Big Bad Bustling Billy" won't catch on; it doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. :)

If we don’t see Murphy again, we have a permanent replacement. Potentially an upgrade. Billy couldn’t get a lookin last year in defence after Howe returned but proved a capable ruck and a premiership forward!

In the meantime the jobs his… would have to assume even best case now for Murphy he’s a month away and then will come through via the VFL where he can play on managed minute# if needed

That was a sensational quarter of football

There was an Essendon fan near me who completely lost it in the last quarter. He ranted, he raved, and then he stormed off leaving his mates shocked and a bit embarrassed.

It was a thing of beauty, the mother of all meltdowns.

1 loss to the Saints

Billy Barometer. I shall henceforth refer to him as The Barometer.
I shall refrain from using the Galloping Barometer. I will possibly on occasions use The Bustling Barometer.

My most watched replay of last year. Including the GF because it’s a 30 minute snippet of instant joy.

My most watched replay of last year. Including the GF because it’s a 30 minute snippet of instant joy.
The Anzac Day game was a ripper, for sure, but it was down the list of most watched games in 2024 for me:
5. Port v Collingwood
4. ANZAC Day
3. Semi Final: Coll v Melb
2. Prelim Final: Coll v GWS
1. Grand Final
Regarding Frampton, I think we and the coaches forgot how important he was last year, especially early, when all of our big men got injured. He stood tall, got the job done and then lost his place when Cox and Cameron came back from injury.

I don't think it's overstating things to suggest that without him, we lose a couple of games and don't finish on top. In a year when every game was a struggle, Frampton was important in the big picture, as were the selections of McStay, Markov and Bobby.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back