Black Ducks Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Copped a totally predictable flogging from the WAFC's darlings again yesterday at Basso.
I must admit I was bored shitless from about half way through the 1st qtr and saw many leave at half time as no one wants to watch a no contest on one's rare day's off in this day and age.
One wonders when the WAFC will finally look at this mob who have barely lost a game in the last few years but have successfully whinged and whined enough to have the 2 x afl reserves sides restricted on player eligibility for the finals whilst nothing is done about their own side who have had way greater success over the time of the latest alignment mkII.

Who else do you pick? Coniglio? Dean?
Chad Daniels would be the first one to come in to my side Noobz0r ...Dean, Coniglio, Wityk, Erceg, Wheeler, Ridley, Holman, O'Brien are other names who should be getting a game instead of certain others!
Not sure where the likes of Blakely, Blight, Ugle, Hackett, Slater & Fullgrabbe are by way of coming back from injury?

Game set and match for me this season I am done with it.
The club is just going nowhere in a hopelessly contrived competition.
Unfortunately Banners has also pulled the pin after yesterdays game.

Narrowly avoid both our lowest ever score in history and vs WP.....38 scoring shots to 8, a 90 point belting on a very wet day....the club is just absolutely flying on the field atm and no one other than the hard core supporters seems to give a chit!!! :rolleyes::poo::mad:

Great effort by the Colts boys yesterday in the GF against all adversity in going down by only 2 points.
Hopefully the boys use the disappointment of this result to drive them for the remainder of their footy careers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And the fallout starts from the complete and utter ineptness from the WAFC and their Vic style run Colts comp.....and yet the coach transgressor is still yet to face any consequences for his breaches despite termination threats before the game!

https://thewest.com.au/sport/wafl/s...and-final-breach-angers-coaches-ng-b88971567z

Oh no, it appears Margetts is also on the Subiaco payroll. ( sarcasm alert ).

The coaches were warned on Friday, a breach occurred, thus the penalty has already been made known if this occurred. Break the rules, you pay for it.

The buck stops with the coach.

Ha ha you Swans supporters believe every wild stories, theories and deflections Phil Smart comes up with don't you?

So far the only confirmed new recruits for 2019 are Jesse Glass-McCasker (returned from Carlton), Josh Simpson (ex Fremantle & EF) & George Hampson (ex $U & EF).
The confirmed outs are- Blight, Banfield, Ugle (all retired), Rogers ( to Perth), Yukich (WP), plus AFL draftees Watson (Fremantle), Cameron & Edwards (WCE) continuing our superb unrivalled record at developing both Colts & Mature Age players for the AFL!

Yeesh Josh Simpson is a risk. The pull of Mullewa is strong with that one. Todd Banfield's career really just fell in a heap didn't it.

Unrivalled?....how many games did Jesse play for Carlton again?...SD have produced a few gems....but not as many as you like to think mate....but hey every WAFL club have their success and not so success stories..unrivalled....Naagh don't even come close.....though Tony Notte has provided SD with many a cherished memory or two....class act that fella

Yeah your right Freeze to be fair Claremont have also provided plenty of both Colts & Mature Age draftees in the last decade or so as well!

SD draftees since 2007-
Colts Aged- Rance, Ellard, Notte, Naitanui, Yarran, J.Garlett, Bennell, Banfield, Blight, N.Jetta, Walters, Pearce, Pratt, Ugle, Coniglio, Stevens, Newman, Gault, Blakely, C.Cameron, Lynch, Glass-McCasker, Eades, Logue, Taylor, J.Cameron, Edwards
Mature Aged- Armfield, Miles, L.Jetta, Krakouer, Twomey, Lobb, D.Garlett, Boekhorst, Adams, Davis, Broad, Hughes, Watson

Yep some pretty good players there mate and I reckon SD and Cl do rival each other for most numbers drafted..... in terms of quickest turnaround in player retention from the WAFL to the AFL back to the WAFL again.....games played is the key, one would think to any successful playing career.....and successful draft producing club....SD and Cl are neck and neck....hard to separate them TBH...

Sad news this morning to hear that Swans & WA football great Garry Sidebottom has passed away aged only 64.
Sidey was not only a champion footballer but a great character on the field as well who brought great joy too many football followers during his 15 season career (1973-1987).
This sad news is following on from another club legend Fred Castledine passing away recently and current player Rhys Palmer being severely injured in a motorcycle accident both in recent times.

R.I.P Garry Sidebottom

Well we lost the first game yesterday vs SF with a shot after the siren by Josh Simpson after a big park mark 40m out into the wind but the kick sailed right and the Dogs held on for the victory in what was a very scrappy game of football with average skill level especially by Swans.
Thoughts on yesterdays game and the season ahead swannies ?

Only 2 games in and it is already shaping up as yet another looooong season ahead for SD fans.
What is that now 12 losses from our last 13 games?
Appalling record and simply not good enough in my books!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back