Movie Blade Runner 2049

Remove this Banner Ad

Erm...

SEX robot inventor Sergi Santos says he would love to have a ‘baby’ with his robot Samantha and believes he already knows how.

The Spanish scientist says it's only a matter of time before human and robot marriage is commonplace and so the next step would be having a family.

His own sex robot Samantha has eight different programs including the ability to make realistic orgasm sounds. His wife of 16 years doesn’t even mind having her around.

"I would make an algorithm of what I personally believe about these concepts, and then shuffle it with what she thinks and then 3D print it,” he explains.

"That's it. I 3D print the robot that is the child of me and the robot...I don't see any complications."​

https://au.be.yahoo.com/lifestyle/s...r-sergi-santos-wants-to-have-baby-with-robot/

Erm...

SEX robot inventor Sergi Santos says he would love to have a ‘baby’ with his robot Samantha and believes he already knows how.

The Spanish scientist says it's only a matter of time before human and robot marriage is commonplace and so the next step would be having a family.

His own sex robot Samantha has eight different programs including the ability to make realistic orgasm sounds. His wife of 16 years doesn’t even mind having her around.

"I would make an algorithm of what I personally believe about these concepts, and then shuffle it with what she thinks and then 3D print it,” he explains.

"That's it. I 3D print the robot that is the child of me and the robot...I don't see any complications."​

https://au.be.yahoo.com/lifestyle/s...r-sergi-santos-wants-to-have-baby-with-robot/

how much do they cost? Just asking for a friend.:oops:

I'll admit the story and direction didn't really grab me in the first hour and I felt there were a few pretty bland spots. I enjoyed the second half of the film a lot more so my advice would be to persist with it those who want to bail early
I enjoyed the first half more than the 2nd ha, so there you go.

Loved the tone and tension on the first half where as the last hour had more wrapping up plot lines with fight scenes etc. Pretty well rounded though I dug it as a whole.

I was one of only two people in the cinema during a Thursday 5pm session. It's nice to pretty much have the cinema all to yourself, although I could have done without the 25 minutes of ads :eek: that preceded the film.

Overall I was blown away by the visuals and cinematography and I especially loved the use of weather to create the dystopian mood (constant rain in the city, fog out in the badlands during the opening scene, snow outside the lab and the red skies in Vegas). Hans Zimmer's score was intense and the whole cinema shook at times, but no one can better Vangelis' score from the original. There were some memorable scenes too - not really a spoiler, but the confrontation between Ryan Gosling's boss and the Wallace Company's evil henchwoman comes to mind.

I'm a fan of Ryan Gosling and it's amazing how effective his dead pan style of acting can be. Ryan's love interest was extremely easy on the eyes. Harrison Ford is good as always. Edward James Olmos makes a welcome cameo and Mackenzie Davis is great (loved her in The Martian) and it's pretty clear that she was cast because of her resemblance to Darryl Hannah. Jared Leto seemed miscast however.

Having said all that, it wasn't a masterpiece - not even close. Maybe it wasn't meant to be. There weren't any scenes as powerful as Tyrell's death scene at the (bare) hands of Roy Batty, or the replicant snake handler falling through the mirrors after being shot from the original Blade Runner.

I just wish more people would see it. If Star Wars can continue to find a younger audience, surely Blade Runner can as well.

I was one of only two people in the cinema during a Thursday 5pm session. It's nice to pretty much have the cinema all to yourself, although I could have done without the 25 minutes of ads :eek: that preceded the film.

Overall I was blown away by the visuals and cinematography and I especially loved the use of weather to create the dystopian mood (constant rain in the city, fog out in the badlands during the opening scene, snow outside the lab and the red skies in Vegas). Hans Zimmer's score was intense and the whole cinema shook at times, but no one can better Vangelis' score from the original. There were some memorable scenes too - not really a spoiler, but the confrontation between Ryan Gosling's boss and the Wallace Company's evil henchwoman comes to mind.

I'm a fan of Ryan Gosling and it's amazing how effective his dead pan style of acting can be. Ryan's love interest was extremely easy on the eyes. Harrison Ford is good as always. Edward James Olmos makes a welcome cameo and Mackenzie Davis is great (loved her in The Martian) and it's pretty clear that she was cast because of her resemblance to Darryl Hannah. Jared Leto seemed miscast however.

Having said all that, it wasn't a masterpiece - not even close. Maybe it wasn't meant to be. There weren't any scenes as powerful as Tyrell's death scene at the (bare) hands of Roy Batty, or the replicant snake handler falling through the mirrors after being shot from the original Blade Runner.

I just wish more people would see it. If Star Wars can continue to find a younger audience, surely Blade Runner can as well.

Blade Runner didn't really have a big audience the first time around either though.

Agree. Wtf was the point of the rebellion?
I guess their information set up a little suspense, but were pretty much irrelevant.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I thought the rebellion was another reason for K to go and rescue Deckard, so he wouldn't give up their location.

Blade Runner 2049 is yet another example of a movie all about killer visuals than story and characterizations.
A lot of these directors these days are fixated or too focused on that.
What happened to all the good writers in movieland???

I thought the story was good, and better than the original. Didn't see that as a weakness at all. Characterization is always going to be different in a film where the main character is synthetic. All the human characters showed normal emotions, as did the replicants at times.

I thought the story was good, and better than the original. Didn't see that as a weakness at all. Characterization is always going to be different in a film where the main character is synthetic. All the human characters showed normal emotions, as did the replicants at times.
I think Hollywood blockbusters have lost the plot (pun intended) when it comes to writing.

Agreed. In fact, I feel it has a tonne of emotional subtext going on despite it being about synthetic beings. Blade Runner is ostensibly questioning what it means to be human and I thought 2049 expanded on that perfectly.

The visuals dominate, no doubt, but I definitely don't see it as a case of style over substance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blade Runner 2049 is yet another example of a movie all about killer visuals than story and characterizations.
A lot of these directors these days are fixated or too focused on that.
What happened to all the good writers in movieland???

Really? Not saying that 2049 was perfect but it represented a possible future world and its characters within it, quite well to me.
I didn't really notice the look of the world I was immersed in, as much as for the feel of it............................and it felt genuine.
2049 isn't going to leave behind the footprint Blade Runner did, but it was quite a good representation of possibilities.

Call me crazy, but the two sci-fi movies of the 2000's I think will hold up well in 20+ years will be AI and Prometheus.

Yep. The music was amazing

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Really? Amazing? It wanted to emulate the impact Vangelis had with its predecessor, but that was a hard act to follow.

Vangelis had his timing right and nailed every scene with the impact his music had upon it. 2049 didn't do this, but could it have expected to?

Really? Not saying that 2049 was perfect but it represented a possible future world and its characters within it, quite well to me.
I didn't really notice the look of the world I was immersed in, as much as for the feel of it............................and it felt genuine.
2049 isn't going to leave behind the footprint Blade Runner did, but it was quite a good representation of possibilities.

Call me crazy, but the two sci-fi movies of the 2000's I think will hold up well in 20+ years will be AI and Prometheus.
The visuals etc were fantastic, no sweat. But the story was pretty bad. Try to put aside how amazing the sets and visuals were, and just focus on the script, the story. It's not like ALL of it was bad, but most of the focus these days is on the visuals/look rather than the script/story, making them watertight and hugely involving, etc. There's a lot of crap passed off, like Leto's scenes.

Really? Amazing? It wanted to emulate the impact Vangelis had with its predecessor, but that was a hard act to follow.

Vangelis had his timing right and nailed every scene with the impact his music had upon it. 2049 didn't do this, but could it have expected to?

It was different but I think just as good. More of a driving, pulsating, kind of sound which mirrored the visuals well. I listen to it on YouTube.

The visuals etc were fantastic, no sweat. But the story was pretty bad. Try to put aside how amazing the sets and visuals were, and just focus on the script, the story. It's not like ALL of it was bad, but most of the focus these days is on the visuals/look rather than the script/story, making them watertight and hugely involving, etc. There's a lot of crap passed off, like Leto's scenes.

In regards to sci-fi, I have to admit I'm one of the few that loved Dune and the reason for that is, it was largely devoid of characters but left an impression of new world settings. (New World as one remote to us, and not the Illuminati type)

Even though the settings were earth-based, the overall feel of the movie was not of one of this world we know, or think we know.
I can't pick a situation through this whole movie I didn't like and that didn't transport me into ideas I didn't care about.

I can't see it ultimately leaving the impression that Blade Runner did, but I can see it leaving a footprint worth taking up again....we'll see in 30 years. :)

I finally got around to watching this weekend. The original Blade Runner I rate highly, so I was hopeful for this. You can see what they want to do with the movie, but it really suffered from a lack of editing. The pacing was glacial. I enjoy a movie that builds the plot (and probably prefer TV series over movies, as they allow more depth), but for what was eventually revealed, it was around 30 minutes too long, IMO. That would have turned it from Ok to good in my books.

The visuals were great, but I didn’t notice the soundtrack to the same degree as the original. It wasn’t bad, but not at the same level as Blade Runner. All in all a missed opportunity.

Is it possible you're simply not appreciating what they are saying? I thought there was plenty going on in Blade Runner, the plot itself is fine and serves to set up the themes it's discussing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back