List Mgmt. Blair Hartley Project - 2014 - 5 list spaces confirmed

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

liam sumner from gws is a player I liked in his draft year has been going ok in neafl is quick and evasive he is one I would have a close look at not sure of his contract situation but his game style is just what we need I believe .anyone have any thoughts?

liam sumner from gws is a player I liked in his draft year has been going ok in neafl is quick and evasive he is one I would have a close look at not sure of his contract situation but his game style is just what we need I believe .anyone have any thoughts?
Contracted, but a good fit nonetheless.

Yeah I'm intrigued by him. High pick who hasn't had much of a crack at it. Could be a handy little small forward. Has a little mongrel about him dosent he??

Definitely warming to the WHE trade idea. If we could get him in a straight swap for our first pick I'd jump at it. He and Lennon on opposing forward flanks with Lids and Houli on the back flanks. Dusty and Jack deep forward. Cotchin, Vlastuin, Miles, Ellis, Conca in the guts. Silky. Still need a genuine wingman though. Mackay!

There are some Richmond twats here happy to trade him though

It's so funny.

When Deledio plays bad, trade him. When he plays good trade him.

He just doesn't get the respect he deserves from most does Lids.

Still think he's a half back flanker. Best in the league. But he's doing well forward at the minute.

Pure gun.

Need Vlastuin and Conca to go with Ellis next year. Also need Lennon to come in and shine. That will make Deledio, Cotchin and Martin even better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely warming to the WHE trade idea. If we could get him in a straight swap for our first pick I'd jump at it. He and Lennon on opposing forward flanks with Lids and Houli on the back flanks. Dusty and Jack deep forward. Cotchin, Vlastuin, Miles, Ellis, Conca in the guts. Silky. Still need a genuine wingman though. Mackay!

I'd now do a Shiel trade for us. WHE would add pace which I think we need though, but choice or two I'd take Shiel.

I'd now do a Shiel trade for us. WHE would add pace which I think we need though, but choice or two I'd take Shiel.

Yeah, me too. I think WHE is probably more attainable though. The Giants will bend over backwards to keep Shiel IMO.

After last night my confidence in Conca not being at RFC next year has grown.
Whilst in my view of what the wing role should entail, ability to work in defence , provide run and cary through the midfield and provide inside 50 entries, Ellis is close, if the not best wingman currently in the game . We need more inside mids, we have seen what the introduction of miles has done, we are still 1-2 short plus depth.

After last night my confidence in Conca not being at RFC next year has grown.

You've never been a Conca fan hey? I can kinda see why. I still rate his potential, but how quickly he's been overtaken by a rookie listed player of the same age is a massive blight.

Have you heard if we're actually considering a trade? I'd want at least a pick in the early teens for him, or a talented youngster.

You've never been a Conca fan hey? I can kinda see why. I still rate his potential, but how quickly he's been overtaken by a rookie listed player of the same age is a massive blight.

Have you heard if we're actually considering a trade? I'd want at least a pick in the early teens for him, or a talented youngster.
No , I have always questioned his courage/commitment, whilst I think he is a little over confident in his own ability and have rarely seen RFC players in recent times visually give stick to one of their own, which I saw last night , not that I think it is a bad thing.
Just sent a little indicator to me that he ain't held in high esteem perhaps , given it doesn't happen at RFC.
Mind you TV is another that could do with a reminder that he is yet to make it as a bonafide AFL Footballer and ATM is merely masking as one.

Sorry but I don't see how this is at all relevant. In fact you could say the same thing about 90% on the competition as Miles' last six weeks have been up there with the very best. We just need to accept that we picked up a bargain in Miles.

My thoughts on Conca are, he isn't playing to the best of his ability which is a concern but there are number of reason for this, one being he missed all of preseason and is yet to have a full preseason since he was drafted and the other being he is a somewhat of a downhill skier, which I think has been evident this season. When I say he is somewhat of a downhill skier I refer to him looking classy and looking like a former pick 6 draft pick when the team is up and going but when it's not going our way and pressure intensifies he doesn't have the same poise and class but does do the defensive things. This is why I think we would be best to hang onto him as when and if we become a top side in the competition it will be the likes of Conca that the media start to praise rather than the continual praising of Cotchin and Martin etc. Hopefully he can manage a full preseason as I think if we can unlock his potential than he'll become one of the top players out of his draft year.

Not trolling.

You don't willingly want to trade Deledio - but trading a player instead of a pick is the preferable option.

And it's not like you'd trade Martin, Cotchin or Riewoldt - all with their best footy ahead of them.
We might be looking at trading a player rather than our first pick but we're not going to trade away our vice captain and arguably most influential player for a 20-22 year old with potential. We might look at trading a lesser player and a later pick to get the kid across, that is also a way of getting you what you are after.

We might be looking at trading a player rather than our first pick but we're not going to trade away our vice captain and arguably most influential player for a 20-22 year old with potential. We might look at trading a lesser player and a later pick to get the kid across, that is also a way of getting you what you are after.
All well and good. I was just passing on what I had heard.

Lids no
Conca yes

Have my doubts on Conca he backed out when running with the flight the of the ball last night didn't look good. Don't think he will make it and we should trade while he has value. At first I wanted West Coasts first round but Freos will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back