Umpiring Blicavs blocking in the ruck

Remove this Banner Ad

Amusing the number of people posting who have no idea about ruck work. The ruckman has always been allowed by the rules to protect his body by raising the knee. It is a natural jumping technique, knee up to propel you into the air. The other ruckman should be doing the same. If you enter into a ruck contest without protecting yourself, you deserve what you get.
must be a real good jumping technique if when using it you dont even leave the ground

What do you mean? Jeremy Cameron deserves life in prison without parole for assaulting an umpire, Rohan deserves 6 weeks for his super rough tackle on a poor defenseless Hawthorn player and to top it all off Geelong's premiership ruckmen are breaking the rules and forcing these absolute nobody journeyman who've been executing flawless 'ruck craft' their entire unremarkable careers to deliver running knees. :roflv1:

You say this like it means anything or confers some special status?

Mark Blake and Trent West are also “Geelong premiership ruckmen”.

That's the thing, the new wave of Mason Cox imitators aren't jumping but still throwing out knees. Hawthorn accepted the fine so I assume they're teaching their rucks how to properly contest from now on.
I wouldn't assume accepting a fine from the MRP is accepting he was in the wrong. You'd have to challenge the fine at the tribunal and then you're opening up the possibility that it actually ends up as a suspension.

I’m not sure that’s how it works.
Mro do have the ability to increase a penalty, although not sure it's happened. But with the focus on the league and injuries, it's jot a risk anyone is willing to take, especially when the opposition coach is having a sook to deflect attention away from his teams illegal tactics

You just proved my point about people who know nothing about ruck work.
was your point to prove that of yourself? I mean you said putting a knee straight out while standing and not jumping is in fact good jumping technique. It doesn't even make sense

You say this like it means anything or confers some special status?

Mark Blake and Trent West are also “Geelong premiership ruckmen”.
Two more players who have had longer and more successful careers as ruckman compared to the great Lloyd Meek and Ned Reeves who are being used as shining examples of exponents of great 'ruck craft'. Why not just call it like is - two donkeys who are only getting a senior game because they're playing for one of the worst lineups we've seen in recent years, and are struggling with the rules.

Are you blind? This is over meeks head?
1681215050579-png.1657136

Also blicavs isnt "standing" he is charging at meek with eyes only for meek.
How anyone can look at that photo of a player with his legs planted wide apart standing side on and say “he is charging at someone” is beyond stupidity

I've attempted to align these two images, based on the position of the umpire, the two wingers at top of frame (one of whom is flat-footed), and what you can see of the centre circle.
Clearly, the ball is landing BEHIND where Meeks is standing when he makes contact to Blicavs.

Any suggestion of Blicavs blocking Meeks on this occasion is absolute BOLLOCKS.

View attachment 1657479
Your attempt to align the images is rubbish.

Look at the y and o in the logo on the ground.

Do not align at all.

Seen a fair bit of commentary about the knee that Meek brought up, but this is a interesting take.

Is the issue where the ball is, the ball has gone way over to Meeks side so blitz has had to run over towards Meek whilst Meeks has protected the space. Not sure what Blitz is meant to do. I think the issue is probably the ball up. If you threw it straight up then both ruckman would just meet in the middle.

Is the issue where the ball is, the ball has gone way over to Meeks side so blitz has had to run over towards Meek whilst Meeks has protected the space. Not sure what Blitz is meant to do. I think the issue is probably the ball up. If you threw it straight up then both ruckman would just meet in the middle.
You make a great point except you link a clip of a ball up and the ruckmen not meeting in the middle so 🤷‍♂️ what are you trying to say? Geelong ruckmen have eyes solely for the opposition ruckmen regardless of whether the ball is bounced or thrown up? Only after they make contact do they look for the ball. Maybe next time check that your evidence actually supports your conclusions?
1682241038342.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You make a great point except you link a clip of a ball up and the ruckmen not meeting in the middle so 🤷‍♂️ what are you trying to say? Geelong ruckmen have eyes solely for the opposition ruckmen regardless of whether the ball is bounced or thrown up? Only after they make contact do they look for the ball. Maybe next time check that your evidence actually supports your conclusions?
View attachment 1668321
What are you talking about? It wasn't my link I just responded to the opening post.

you quoted a post which showed a clip contradicting your point.
I thought I clicked on the link and watched a video where blicavs is kneed. It looked to me that the ball went straight above Meek and blicavs had to run over towards him. Maybe I'm seeing things.

I thought I clicked on the link and watched a video where blicavs is kneed. It looked to me that the ball went straight above Meek and blicavs had to run over towards him. Maybe I'm seeing things.
nah you're not, the guy you're responding to is trolling you as he has been doing in this thread since it's inception. He can't handle the fact that maybe, possibly, one his beloved players may have done the wrong thing.

there are 2 clips, one is what you describe. the other is a ball up where geelong ruck runs over the center line past the ball to engage with ned reeves.

Your attempt to align the images is rubbish.

Look at the y and o in the logo on the ground.

Do not align at all.
Yep - fair enough. It wasn't my best effort.

Here's a better view, from a stationary (though zooming) camera. Using the context of the centre circle, its pretty clear Meeks contacts Blicavs in a position forward of where the ball falls.

Ancient history now though.

1682565047745.png

You just proved my point about people who know nothing about ruck work.
Thats just reinventing what you said. You said a lifted knee is essential to jumping, ie off the ground. You didnt say rucks often lift a knee to injure their opponent even when they dont leave the ground which is what youre now inferring is "ruck work".

Hes right. Youre wrong. Move on.

Yep - fair enough. It wasn't my best effort.

Here's a better view, from a stationary (though zooming) camera. Using the context of the centre circle, its pretty clear Meeks contacts Blicavs in a position forward of where the ball falls.

Ancient history now though.

View attachment 1671585
Looks like Blicavs absolutely butchered the timing of his run. maybe coz hes not looking at the ball?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back