Blicavs retirement?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry. Just figured it out.

Tongue-In-Cheek reaction to "No 3rd man up" ruling.

DOH!

It's a joke
That's just deflated a few on here. The knives are still at the ready though.
s**t move by the AFL though, they have a sickness in need of medical attention, the need to change the rules constantly.

His only trick was going third man up in ruck contests in a side that had two other ruckmen. What benefit does him being in the side offer now?
If you have a pessimistic view of Blicavs that is.
What benefit, I'd say as the 2nd ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you have a pessimistic view of Blicavs that is.
What benefit, I'd say as the 2nd ruck.
He won't make it as a second ruck and I'm no where near as pessimistic as BB about Blitz but it's not a great outcome for him, it now becomes a challenge for both coaches and player to find him a new role.

He won't make it as a second ruck and I'm no where near as pessimistic as BB about Blitz but it's not a great outcome for him, it now becomes a challenge for both coaches and player to find him a new role.
Why? He played better in the ruck in the PF than either of Smith and Stanley. He most certainly can play in that position.
Probably moot, we know they'll pick all 3 where possible.

Only the most one eyed Blicavs fan wouldn't now concede that this rule change is only going to make his relevance to the team even more uncertain now. He doesn't rack up enough possessions to play as a mid, he isn't good enough defensively to play as a KPD, and he doesn't present as that dangerous marking tall that can move forward to kick a goal regularly.

Unless this off season sees him adding some new weapons then he really can only play as a 2nd ruck. I'm dubious as to whether that really is enough to justify his place in the team.

Why? He played better in the ruck in the PF than either of Smith and Stanley. He most certainly can play in that position.
Probably moot, we know they'll pick all 3 where possible.
Can't see him being big enough now that it will be a one on one contest in the ruck.We will need Smith to ruck deep in to quarters now no matter who gets the second ruck spot.

Can't see him being big enough now that it will be a one on one contest in the ruck.We will need Smith to ruck deep in quarters now no matter who gets the second ruck spot.
Who's to say he has to wrestle though? Why wouldn't given this news we train to get him separation from his opponent (which is likely to be a CHF/Ruck anyway) and use his athleticism and jump to still be effective?

We'll see in the NAB's I guess but I am confident the club will adapt despite this being amateur hour from the AFL given it's now nearly January.

Who's to say he has to wrestle though? Why wouldn't given this news we train to get him separation from his opponent (which is likely to be a CHF/Ruck anyway) and use his athleticism and jump to still be effective?

We'll see in the NAB's I guess but I am confident the club will adapt despite this being amateur hour from the AFL given it's now nearly January.
We will all be watching with interest.

Doesn't like personal comments Stan The Caddy but often makes subtle digs. Hmmmmm.
Yep, as I've said before he's a hypocrite. Not only that but he's turned into a pretty big troll these days. I'll give him credit for one thing though, he's good at playing the victim. There's no doubt about that.

If a big permanent ruckman is standing directly under the fall of the ball you think Blicavs just going to jump over him?
Separating yourself away from the ball doesn't help.

If a big permanent ruckman is standing directly under the fall of the ball you think Blicavs just going to jump over him?
Separating yourself away from the ball doesn't help.
He's the 2nd ruck, how many clubs have two big ruckmen? He took over from Stanley in the ruck and had 17 HO's. Naismith at 205cm's had 18.
He's 2cm's shorter than Stanley but more athletically gifted. We shall see of course but too early to be setting up his tombstone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back