News BLK placed under external administration

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a little surprised it's taking this long for some announcements to be honest.

Richmond --> Puma was first rumoured on the day BLK started going down (Nov. 16, 2016).

They were confirmed on the 1st December 2016.

GWS --> ISC popped up i think the 1st week of the year (Gold Coast --> ISC in the past couple of days), along with St Kilda --> Puma & Adelaide --> ISC.

Based off the time it took for Richmond --> Puma to be announced, the should be an announcement in a week or 2 (this is unlikely)

Also Groupie_ said that someone on the Richmond board said that Brisbane --> ISC

Why do people keep rumouring Brisbane's new supplier when it's been confirmed about 1000 times...

IT"S FCKN MAJESTIC PEOPLE.

You should look up the meaning of confirmed. Because neither Brisbane nor Majestic have actually said anything about it yet. So technically, it hasn't actually been confirmed at all. The only source was a Courier Mail article. Granted, it sounds pretty likely, but that doesn't mean its been confirmed.

I'm a little surprised it's taking this long for some announcements to be honest.

I know most of us are impatient with this, but a lot of people seem to forget that the normal lead-in time for negotiating these deals is 12 months or more. These clubs have been asked to do all of this in the space of 2-3 months, as well as dealing with the BLK fallout and everything that entails. Throw in the Christmas/New Year period where most of the important people who need to be involved will be on holidays, and its pretty obvious why its taking so long.

To be honest, any deals that have been finalised already or are done so very soon, is a great feat considering all aspects.

Richmond had a head-start given that they'd already agreed to Puma from 2018 onwards (and Brisbane with Majestic, reportedly). They are the exception, not the norm.

You should look up the meaning of confirmed. Because neither Brisbane nor Majestic have actually said anything about it yet. So technically, it hasn't actually been confirmed at all. The only source was a Courier Mail article. Granted, it sounds pretty likely, but that doesn't mean its been confirmed.
I thought a Brisbane official confirmed it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not that I can recall. Happy to be corrected if it can be shown.
http://www.sportspromedia.com/news/brisbane_lions_secure_majestic_sponsorship

Australian Football League (AFL) side the Brisbane Lions have confirmed an apparel deal with American sportswear brand Majestic.

The partnership, which was scheduled to begin in 2018, now starts with immediate effect. The four-year deal will cover the Lions’ playing and performance apparel, as well as the club’s replica jerseys.

According to local newspaper The Herald Sun, Majestic will be paying the Gold Coast outfit AU$1million (US$744,000) per season.

crow28 I noticed that Gold Coast part after I posted it but by then it was too late

I'll have to look like and idiot... for once...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back