Injury Blue Healers Discussion - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Latest Injury Update 14th May …

😡

Player

Injury

Update

Matt CarrollGroinRemains on a modified program for at least another month due to groin soreness.(Update: 30 April)
Adam CerraHamstringExperienced a hamstring strain in win over Melbourne.
Availability: to be reassessed in Round 13. (Update: 14 May)
Matthew CottrellFootUnderwent scans which revealed navicular stress reaction. Club will work through rehabilitation plan in coming weeks.
Availability: to be reassessed following the Club's Round 14 bye. (Update: 14 May)
David CuninghamWristExperienced a calf strain during VFL on Friday.
Availability: to be assessed in Round 13. (Update: 14 May)
Sam DochertyKneeSuffered a ruptured ACL and torn meniscus in his right knee. (Update: 9 March)
Sam DurdinConcussionHas entered concussion protocols after VFL game on Friday.
Unavailable for selection this week. (Update: 14 May)
Lachie FogartyWristAvailability: 1-2 weeks. (Update: 14 May)
Jesse MotlopHamstringAvailability: one week. (Update: 14 May)
Hudson O'KeeffeHamstringExperienced a high-grade hamstring strain at training on Sunday.
Availability: 8-12 weeks. (Update: 14 May)
Marc PittonetFingerUnderwent a minor procedure on a finger injury sustained during win over Melbourne.
Availability: test. (Update: 14 May)
Adam SaadHamstringAvailability: one week. (Update: 14 May)
Jack SilvagniKneeHas begun initial stages of rehab following surgery. (Update: 21 February)
Zac WilliamsGluteAvailability: test. (Update: 14 May)

Feels like we've been lacking in genuine ruck depth for a while.
What list has 3 AFL ready ruckmen? I don't think that exists, if it does it's a luxury, not the norm.

Our ruck depth is fine with 2 AFL quality ruckmen we force into the team every week, some teams barely have 1.

We have O'Keeffe and Mirkov as developing rucks so 4 on the list, the depth is fine relative to lists at AFL level.

Like every year on multiple occasions
do you mean, when will someone be sacked? or do you mean, when will there be "an investigation" post a player getting a lti? because it's a little naive to think we just roll on regardless without there being an extensive review into it............

We need a third ruckman who is AFL ready.

Feels like we've been lacking in genuine ruck depth for a while.

What list has 3 AFL ready ruckmen? I don't think that exists, if it does it's a luxury, not the norm.

Our ruck depth is fine with 2 AFL quality ruckmen we force into the team every week, some teams barely have 1.

We have O'Keeffe and Mirkov as developing rucks so 4 on the list, the depth is fine relative to lists at AFL level.

I think L Young can do this. Didn’t he do it in a prelim for the dogs and play well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

List Management thread 😉

JSOS, oh no! This could have been his year to establish himself in such a big way!

Feels like we lose one every season before we start. :(

Sad Season 3 GIF by The Office

Just come on to the board and seen the JSOS news. Really feel for Jack as I thought he was looking likely to have a great year ahead. Games before last year, together with how JSOS was looking before injury, suggested soon really good things in 2024 for Jack. A heart and soul player who will also put 100% in his recovery. All the best to Jack, and looking forward to 2025.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking of injuries, why doesn't the club be transparent with the members and release information about Pittonet?

Russell should be out on the field making sure all 45 players run, jump, kick and change directions in the correct way at every single moment to avoid ACL injuries. If a player looks like he is about to land awkwardly or take off the wrong way he must be there to stop them.

Anything less is a fail. If he cannot monitor every players actions at all times we must not train at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back