Injury Blue Healers Discussion - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Latest Injury Update 14th May …

😡

Player

Injury

Update

Matt CarrollGroinRemains on a modified program for at least another month due to groin soreness.(Update: 30 April)
Adam CerraHamstringExperienced a hamstring strain in win over Melbourne.
Availability: to be reassessed in Round 13. (Update: 14 May)
Matthew CottrellFootUnderwent scans which revealed navicular stress reaction. Club will work through rehabilitation plan in coming weeks.
Availability: to be reassessed following the Club's Round 14 bye. (Update: 14 May)
David CuninghamWristExperienced a calf strain during VFL on Friday.
Availability: to be assessed in Round 13. (Update: 14 May)
Sam DochertyKneeSuffered a ruptured ACL and torn meniscus in his right knee. (Update: 9 March)
Sam DurdinConcussionHas entered concussion protocols after VFL game on Friday.
Unavailable for selection this week. (Update: 14 May)
Lachie FogartyWristAvailability: 1-2 weeks. (Update: 14 May)
Jesse MotlopHamstringAvailability: one week. (Update: 14 May)
Hudson O'KeeffeHamstringExperienced a high-grade hamstring strain at training on Sunday.
Availability: 8-12 weeks. (Update: 14 May)
Marc PittonetFingerUnderwent a minor procedure on a finger injury sustained during win over Melbourne.
Availability: test. (Update: 14 May)
Adam SaadHamstringAvailability: one week. (Update: 14 May)
Jack SilvagniKneeHas begun initial stages of rehab following surgery. (Update: 21 February)
Zac WilliamsGluteAvailability: test. (Update: 14 May)

Couple of weeks and we should have Cerra, Cuningham and Fantasia should be running around this week. McGovern next week. Hopefully in 2 or 3 weeks we see Fogarty, Marchbank and Motlop. Martin should be 1-2 weeks.

Everyone under a month now who is not out for the season, lets just hope we don't add to this list and they all come back well.

Oh, so you're just going to spit in God’s face then? When Crippa comes down with club foot and Weitering goes blind in one eye after a freak gasoline accident, we'll know who is responsible.

You've lost the plot if you're watching our team and saying yeah nah to cunners mots Martin doc and even jsos. Absolute insanity. Martin and Doc have been two of the biggest outs this year. We've been killed in their respective spots.
Of the 12 players that were listed as injured/test last week, I said 6 were key players - Weiters, Saad, McGovern, Cerra, Williams and Fogarty that needed to come in the 22.

I never said yeah nah to Cuners, Motlop, Martin, Doc, JSOS and Marchbank - I said they were good players that we had covered with other good players.

I would be interested to know which players you would take out of the following team to make way for these 6?

Boyd Weitering Kemp
Williams McGovern Saad

Acres Cripps Cottrell
Pittonet Cerra Hewett

Fogarty Curnow Elijah
TDK McKay Owies

Newman Kennedy Walsh OHollands

Of the 12 players that were listed as injured/test last week, I said 6 were key players - Weiters, Saad, McGovern, Cerra, Williams and Fogarty that needed to come in the 22.

I never said yeah nah to Cuners, Motlop, Martin, Doc, JSOS and Marchbank - I said they were good players that we had covered with other good players.

I would be interested to know which players you would take out of the following team to make way for these 6?

Boyd Weitering Kemp
Williams McGovern Saad

Acres Cripps Cottrell
Pittonet Cerra Hewett

Fogarty Curnow Elijah
TDK McKay Owies

Newman Kennedy Walsh OHollands
(Cottrell doesn't play wing)
Owies - jsos, Williams - Doc, Elijah - Martin, TDK - Jsos (form and pitto dependant). Mott's and cunners there abouts for Fogarty and cotts depending on form. But that's also not the team we are currently trotting out. So we currently don't have them covered. For the team we are currently putting out. They'd all be in immediately.

Owies - jsos, Williams - Doc, Elijah - Martin, TDK - Jsos (form and pitto dependant). Mott's and cunners there abouts for Fogarty and cotts depending on form. But that's also not the team we are currently trotting out. So we currently don't have them covered. For the team we are currently putting out. They'd all be in immediately.
Replacing Fogarty and Cottrell for Motlop and Cuners - not sure there’s a huge gain here Skyhorse.

Motlop for Owies or Durdin I can understand but Fogarty’s become an integral part of the forward line imo. I can see the appeal for Cuners but I also like what Cottrell has delivered this year. Both offer different skills and abilities but can go missing in a game at times.

Looks like you would drop Williams and TDK I think, depending on form.

Martin when fit would be a great inclusion, but at the expense of Elijah - I think EH is getting better every game.

I think what you’ve highlighted is that you’re dropping some very good players to bring in very good players. Which was exactly the point of my original post.

Replacing Fogarty and Cottrell for Motlop and Cuners - not sure there’s a huge gain here Skyhorse.

Motlop for Owies or Durdin I can understand but Fogarty’s become an integral part of the forward line imo. I can see the appeal for Cuners but I also like what Cottrell has delivered this year. Both offer different skills and abilities but can go missing in a game at times.

Looks like you would drop Williams and TDK I think, depending on form.

Martin when fit would be a great inclusion, but at the expense of Elijah - I think EH is getting better every game.

I think what you’ve highlighted is that you’re dropping some very good players to bring in very good players. Which was exactly the point of my original post.
Fogarty is more important than either DC or Motlop.
IMO Motlop seems to have become better the longer he's been out but he's not really in contention with either Cotters or Fogarty in terms of role, in any event.
I'd have TDK over JSOS. Martin is the bigger out IMO with H spelling Pitt in the ruck if required.
Elijah has shown a bit, I'd keep him in ahead of DC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is hamstring “awareness” btw? 😂

It was originally used to make fun of whichever commentator first said it, but now it’s used in day to day posts.

It's like a cramp or tightness that can indicate a tear is immenent but not an injury itself. It's not that players can't play with it, the issue is more the risk of a tear.

That's why most players miss a week as a precaution. Not worth the risk. Maybe 2 if it's a player with a history. Rozee getting selected on a short term around was unbelievably dumb.

Rozee goes off with a hamstring strain last Friday night and is now playing 6 days later. This never happens with us. Hamstring "awareness" turns into 3-4 weeks for our players.

How did that turn out.

Anyone know how long will he be out? Specifically I'm wondering if he'll be back in round 12.
From what some are saying it's hamstring tendonitis, which I've had myself the last 16months. It's an uncertain feeling when running/walking etc as you are always aware of it and not sure when you're working too hard if you're causing damage. I can still do my runs and exercises but on a bad day I have to grit my teeth and push through, and can't go at 100% only 80% as anything above that the pain threshold gets uncomfortable.

It took me 12 months to get to a proper management level and the last 2 months has settled a lot more and now starting to ramp up loads and pace.

Mind you I am 46yo and not in a professional sporting organisation (though do have weekly physio etc), but I'd suspect he'd be hampered for most of the season and will still play more than not.

From what some are saying it's hamstring tendonitis, which I've had myself the last 16months. It's an uncertain feeling when running/walking etc as you are always aware of it and not sure when you're working too hard if you're causing damage. I can still do my runs and exercises but on a bad day I have to grit my teeth and push through, and can't go at 100% only 80% as anything above that the pain threshold gets uncomfortable.

It took me 12 months to get to a proper management level and the last 2 months has settled a lot more and now starting to ramp up loads and pace.

Mind you I am 46yo and not in a professional sporting organisation (though do have weekly physio etc), but I'd suspect he'd be hampered for most of the season and will still play more than not.
Thanks - that's helpful. Hope you make a full recovery.

Even though he's much younger than you, still hope he takes the conservative route. 4-5 weeks off minimum Rozee!

Thanks - that's helpful. Hope you make a full recovery.

Even though he's much younger than you, still hope he takes the conservative route. 4-5 weeks off minimum Rozee!

FYI they’re also saying it’s the other leg from the week prior where he had the “tightness.” Haven’t confirmed the validity of this myself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back