Bluemour Discussion Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this the Bluemour Discussion thread or the Indigenous Players Appreciation Thread ??
It's the no height restrictions thread.........

Stephen Michael was up there.

I'm not sure there's been a more versatile player than Goodes. Ruck (at goddam 191cm) , midfielder forward . Outstanding output for more than a decade.

Loved all those other players but Goodes , to me, was the complete player. Not just best indigenous player but maybe best ever player .

Buddy in some of those Hawks years was beyond belief . Those two goals against the Bombers are just about as memorable as any other highlight in footy.
Agree on both counts. Goodes did everything on the footy field and he did it at an elite level.

As for Buddy, at his best he is electrifying. At his worst he is merely a superstar.

McLeod and Matera were magnificent, and Eddie Betts still is.

But Michael Long in 1993 singlehandedly won the Scum a premiership. Some of he best football I have ever seen. Absolute freak.

Gotta love what the indigenous players bring to this game at the highest level; the only place where they are disproportionately represented in greater relative numbers than white fellas other than gaols.

Both Jones and Casboult have 12 months to become regular weekly goal kickers or will lose their 'list' spot in 2018. Casboult might get a reprieve because of his rucking option but Jones has no such alternative.

McKay, SOS, Jaksch, Charlie and Kerr are the future KPF now...

Both Jones and Casboult have 12 months to become regular weekly goal kickers or will lose their 'list' spot in 2018. Casboult might get a reprieve because of his rucking option but Jones has no such alternative.

McKay, SOS, Jaksch, Charlie and Kerr are the future KPF now...

Agree with this, although i'd imagine Jones' papers could already be stamped.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really hope not. All players should be given every chance to make it whilst they're on the list.
Fair point, why have them on the list if you are not planning for them to play at some stage? Might as well only have a list of 30 otherwise.

Fair point, why have them on the list if you are not planning for them to play at some stage? Might as well only have a list of 30 otherwise.
For the sake of discussion, sometimes players are only still on the list for contractual and salary cap reasons. Even in these cases, it is wrong to let the player know you've already crossed their name off the list. Because the worst that happens by saying nothing is they have an average year, but if you tell them they have no chance of making it or won't play seniors, then there's no incentive to try at either senior or vfl level.

We want our depth to be putting in 100% at vfl level to ensure we boost the development and culture of our youth learning what it takes to make it.

For the sake of discussion, sometimes players are only still on the list for contractual and salary cap reasons. Even in these cases, it is wrong to let the player know you've already crossed their name off the list. Because the worst that happens by saying nothing is they have an average year, but if you tell them they have no chance of making it or won't play seniors, then there's no incentive to try at either senior or vfl level.

We want our depth to be putting in 100% at vfl level to ensure we boost the development and culture of our youth learning what it takes to make it.

Never put a line through anybody, you'll never know if and when you may need the people you've told you don't value.

Never put a line through anybody, you'll never know if and when you may need the people you've told you don't value.

Thats exactly why I still hang around the board...

I really hope not. All players should be given every chance to make it whilst they're on the list.
Jones has been terrible since he's been at the club. Had he not had a 3rd year on his contract he would have been delisted for sure. Nothing surer than he'll be gone in 12 months time.

For the sake of discussion, sometimes players are only still on the list for contractual and salary cap reasons.

If that really is the case then it is completely & utterly irresponsible management and a slap in the face to the members who keep tipping in their hard earned dollars.

If that really is the case then it is completely & utterly irresponsible management and a slap in the face to the members who keep tipping in their hard earned dollars.
Any player who doesn't come to the club as a gun is a bet to see if they develop, and the ones who come as guns are a bet to see if they remain as such.

Any time that doesn't work out, this stuff happens. With the reward for maintaining a healthy cap being extra dollars in future years, it shifts the marginal benefit down a notch compared to the return of your last pick in the draft.

I haven't see us making any more Liam Jones/Jaksch/Tutt deals during SOS' tenure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back