Bluemour Discussion Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thinking the same. Though I don't really rate him. Wasn't he the one mowed down by Boekhurst?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I reckon he;s the one-dimensional type that can play a good role in a good system but would struggle for us. But SURELY he's streets ahead of what's available in the PSD at that point. Plus the right age and addresses an area of need.

Can anyone explain why we helped the Hawks out?
I don't see what we get out of it?

Three birds (draft picks) in the hand rather than one in the bush (next year) - also reminds the football world that we're a fair and reasonable bunch to deal with, in light of the expected howls of derision from our Adelaide Crow friends... plus the sweet Essendon consequences, I suppose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone explain why we helped the Hawks out?
I don't see what we get out of it?
1. We need to fill the list from somewhere. Either we chase several DFA's or we swap a pick from next year for 3 picks this year. Means we can take a punt on some later kids that may turn out ok, rather than filling up on more discards from other clubs.
2. * can GAGF. They would have been excited at the prospect of JOM for nothing.
3. Hawks may return the favour. GCS will remember we helped get them a reasonable deal for their player also. Was a chance he would walk from the club.
4. Other clubs see we are reasonable to deal with so may look more favourably on future deals as we see value for both sides, not only ours.
5. Adelaide look like w***ers for not being able to get a deal done with a reasonable club.

what 2017 first did we give up in the Marchbank trade?
What 2017 2nd round pick did we givce in the Hawks trade?
What 2nd round pick did we give in the Tuohy trade?

I think if you would of suggested by the end of the trade period we would of:
A - kept Gibbs (preventing overexposure to Cripps)
B - Added Palmer and Smets (will play some midfield i think) to further assist Cripps
C - Landed Marchbank & Pickett
All while holding picks in every round this year, including our original 1st & 2nd and only sacrificing 2E and a future 2nd pick... You would think it impossible.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back