Bluemour Discussion Thread IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you think it's fair?
What if Brisbane chose last year to move on several of their senior players to trade for more youth and finished last or second last with only one win and were afforded a top end PP this year (pick #1), usurping what would have otherwise been our pick #1?

We'd be 'outraged' wouldn't we?

No I think PPs are ridiculously unfair, especially now the AFL just make up who gets them.

However seeing as this is meant to be a bumper draft and it's us who is advantaged, I'm willing to lenient just this once.

AFL thought process:

"Oh no, bottom clubs are uncompetitive! We need to give them priority picks!"

"Oh no, bottom clubs are tanking! We need to take away priority picks!"

"Oh no, bottom clubs are uncompetitive again! We need to dither between the previous two thoughts, pretending we don't have priority picks then arbitrarily handing them out based on unpublished reasoning!"

"Oh no, a bottom club is uncompetitive again, despite not getting a priority pick since 2006! That priority pick didn't work, so we shouldn't hand out another one to them!"

"Oh no, a major sporting body is being run by corrupt idiots who can't balance competing priorities! We should all hang ourselves from the MCG scoreboard!"

I agree with this … however, we have thrown him to the wolves as well. Hole here … go fill …. s**t go back to the VFL and learn inside mid role …. hang on … your old man played in the defence …. how about you learn that ……

Has this bloke (family name aside) , had a chance to learn a position yet?

Don't think that's fair.

He's played as a third tall for the first 2 years of his career.

They're now trying him in different positions to round out his game and/or because there are some doubts on whether he makes it as a forward.

Not unreasonable.

You can come up with all sorts of pick swaps that are even in points that you would never do in the real world, like picks 16 & 31 (1673) for pick 7 (1644). Would you give up pick 7 for that?

Do we get to redraft Boekhorst with 16? :p

Macreadie..........Harrison Macreadie.

I don't think we really need to worry about a lock-down backman if Jones can get back to being disciplined. With Docherty by his side, he should be OK.
Williamson can play back but feel he'll be a better winger for us.

Plowman Macreadie Byrne
Docherty Marchbank ......... I still think we need a real speedster here.

Weitering will ultimately play forward. Would be a waste down back.
The backline lacks at least one long accurate kick.

If he's out of contract Melbourne may just have to hope for the best they can get.

IF Brayshaw wanted to come to Carlton and SOS offered pick 19 what could they do to stop the move?

Absolutely nothing!!!!
Why would Bradshaw want to come to Carlton? More money?

The backline lacks at least one long accurate kick.

Yeah, right.
Docherty is a fair kick though and Macreadie is no mug either.

Who knows for sure what our backline may look like come 2020, but to get back to the point; Do we really need to be chasing another KPD, in Collins?
We may one day strike gold, but do we really need to be going back for coverage in areas we're actually covered in? How about some mids, first and foremost?

Wouldn't be good should for all our efforts, to be adding another O'Shea, Shaw and Mullett to this squad. I don't see it.

Yeah, right.
Docherty is a fair kick though and Macreadie is no mug either.

Who knows for sure what our backline may look like come 2020, but to get back to the point; Do we really need to be chasing another KPD, in Collins?
We may one day strike gold, but do we really need to be going back for coverage in areas we're actually covered in? How about some mids, first and foremost?

Wouldn't be good should for all our efforts, to be adding another O'Shea, Shaw and Mullett to this squad. I don't see it.
Frankly, I don't want anyone in the door who's job title doesn't start with "mid" and end with "fielder "

For what it's worth I spoke to the father of a player yesterday who could not of spoken more highly of the club. The whole club approach from Bolts is outstanding and the families of the players all love him for it, a vastly different approach to what Malthouse did. He essentially said that a few of the older blokes bodies are stuffed and that they just shouldn't be playing but the club is completely limited in who they pick. Group of players are incredibly tight and know the direction they're heading but understand it will take time. Was very refreshing to hear and he finished by saying that the media don't report on this stuff because it doesn't sell papers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frankly, I don't want anyone in the door who's job title doesn't start with "mid" and end with "fielder "

I can understand going to the State Leagues and getting a couple of 22 yo mids.
It's not as though the development of the guys playing in the Northern Blues can do without supply from the centre.

As it stands today, we won't have one CFC listed mid playing with the NB's. Not one. That's crazy and not just 'unlucky'

So did Gibbs.
Gibbs and Toohey.
I get the Age online and there are two photos in today’s edition that make me want to vomit. Gibbs and Toohey grinning from ear to ear as part of teams that won by under a goal. Toohey proved to be the match winner.

Stats sheet also reads that only 14 touches were effective with 8 clangers. If you watched the game, did he play better than his stats suggest?

Ps not trying to troll or disparage you, I actually really liked Brodie in his draft year but haven’t paid any attention since, so would be interested to know how he’s tracking
He played better than Dow on his best game. Yes he’s a bit older but we accept him going at 41%, why not someone like Brodie whose played similar games.

Last edited:
Depends on match ups. More the 3rd tall or mobile tall IMO

Not sure he is quick enough to play down back. Plowman struggles with pace but makes up for it with defence skills, not sure sos has that ability. I still see him as a forward

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We desperately need some more mid-sized defensive fielders....

Gibbs and Toohey.
I get the Age online and there are two photos in today’s edition that make me want to vomit. Gibbs and Toohey grinning from ear to ear as part of teams that won by under a goal. Toohey proved to be the match winner.

Try thinking about the 10 years we will get from Marchbank, Kennedy, TDK and O'Brien instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back