Bluemour Discussion Thread XII - Facts Not Welcome (cont in pt 13)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Am getting visions of Matt Thomson in an AFL update, sitting next to one of his sidekicks, making a statement about blues trading out SPS; with that ugly as if confused raised eyebrow snipe, insinuating that we are foooorked in the head.

I'd argue SPS has the highest ceiling of any midfielder we have ever drafted. It would be devastating to watch him develop in to the player we all know he can be, whilst wearing opposition colours.

Said exactly this earlier today re ceiling, before any whiff of this trade possibility - what he brings to the table is as unique as it comes , whatever the opposite of a meat and potatoes footballer is, that is Samo - we need this 'joker in the pack'.

No trading SPS.

Or the only present you'll get for Xmas is some wood putty in your exit.
For a team lacking midfield depth... why the heck would you trade him. Not so convinced about all this talk of other kids going past him. O’Brien for instance is playing a very different role to SPS.. these kids need time to get use to playing with each other - continuity or whatever Judd calls it

No trading SPS.

Or the only present you'll get for Xmas is some wood putty in your exit.

We trade SPS and I'll blow my foofer vavle.

I still not sure what that means but it sounds appropriate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For a team lacking midfield depth... why the heck would you trade him. Not so convinced about all this talk of other kids going past him. O’Brien for instance is playing a very different role to SPS.. these kids need time to get use to

How can you rule something out before you know what we could get for him.

If he netted us Josh Kelly we would do it in an instant.

Obviously that is an exaggerated example, but the point is SOS will only do a deal if it benifits us.

How can you rule something out before you know what we could get for him.

If he netted us Josh Kelly we would do it in an instant.

Obviously that is an exaggerated example, but the point is SOS will only do a deal if it benifits us.

Ahhhh … that and the fact SPS has to agree to it as well … might be a little sticking point as well …..

I propose his earlier reverse insinuation that he is Margaret Fulton cooking up home made sausages is worse than either of the above

Slightly more erotic that ArseClown 's first foray into the pr0n industry ……..

I would be hesitant to trade SPS because as soon as a kid is drafted his value drops for some bizarre reason. He should get us a top 10 pick but he probably gets you a pick in the 20s.
I think you are right in a pick in the 20s atm.

Just think there is a lot of upside for SPS and if he gets a good pre-season we will see a very accomplished player in 2019.

Wondering what it would do for a players outlook to be told he could be traded if the price is right?

I would be hesitant to trade SPS because as soon as a kid is drafted his value drops for some bizarre reason. He should get us a top 10 pick but he probably gets you a pick in the 20s.
Yep it's like buying a car, loses value as soon as it leaves the yard, until it becomes a classic.

Probably not in the position to be giving up value like SPS who while he hasn't set the world on fire (has still looked good) still has plenty of room to grow. SOS would have to be blown away or have a greater plan in place to trade him.

I think you are right in a pick in the 20s atm.

Just think there is a lot of upside for SPS and if he gets a good pre-season we will see a very accomplished player in 2019.

Wondering what it would do for a players outlook to be told he could be traded if the price is right?

Pretty shit I would say …. could also send ripples through the rest of the playing group …

Sorta goes against settling the group ….. bonding the group …. stabilising the list ….. mantra eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back