Bluemour Discussion Thread XII - Facts Not Welcome (cont in pt 13)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you rule something out before you know what we could get for him.

If he netted us Josh Kelly we would do it in an instant.

Obviously that is an exaggerated example, but the point is SOS will only do a deal if it benifits us.
Your point is fair, but why would someone just give us a crazy offer, for a player some people in this forum are not completely sold on. My whole point is I like SPS and hope he stays, if it’s to trade for another pick or someone similar I’d be disappointed

Your point is fair, but why would someone just give us a crazy offer, for a player some people in this forum are not completely sold on. My whole point is I like SPS and hope he stays, if it’s to trade for another pick or someone similar I’d be disappointed
If it doesn't benifit us, he stays.

The overwhelming probability is that he will stay with us. But if clubs have come knocking we can at least hear them out first.

I was at a Q&A with LoGiudice and Cain Liddle. Liddle mentioned SPS, said from outside people might see SPS as being down from 2017, but the club really rated his season. That he picked up a lot more heavy work due to Gibbs leaving and the club was very happy with what he was able to achieve.

If other clubs were chasing him, I think we would expect a lot back.

I was at a Q&A with LoGiudice and Cain Liddle. Liddle mentioned SPS, said from outside people might see SPS as being down from 2017, but the club really rated his season. That he picked up a lot more heavy work due to Gibbs leaving and the club was very happy with what he was able to achieve.

If other clubs were chasing him, I think we would expect a lot back.

Cheers Mikey ole mate :)

Will be hugely disappointed if we trade SPS, regardless of what may be coming the other way.

The kid will be a serious player IMO.

Did you lose a bet J???

Pretty s**t I would say …. could also send ripples through the rest of the playing group …

Sorta goes against settling the group ….. bonding the group …. stabilising the list ….. mantra eh?

Whats any of that got to do with winning games of football?

I would be hesitant to trade SPS because as soon as a kid is drafted his value drops for some bizarre reason. He should get us a top 10 pick but he probably gets you a pick in the 20s.

I wouldn't trade SPS for a pick in the 20's... in fact I think a pick 1 - 8 would be the only thing I would consider. SPS with a few preseasons under his belt is going to be a jet, you simply cannot teach the kind of composure he has under pressure. He has the right work ethic and attitude, and we need to recognize that if we just switch out our core players every year the kind of cohesive that only builds over time will never come.

If SPS is willing to back us in, then I'm willing to back him in.
(unless the offer is absurd)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably a lot, is life always this black and white to you?

Always picked him for a closet Collingwood fan … he is just salty they lost the GF ….. ;) :D:laughing:

IMO only club with the currency for SPS would be GC, trading 1&SPS for 2,3 & a quality current player, can’t see it happening thou.
Would get us Walsh, King/Rankine/Smith & a quality player. 3 for the price of 2 & we still get Walsh
Would work even more so if Sheil & Setters are coming

Not sure I understand what you are saying JAB?

A bunch of happy settled bonded developing players isn't the Club's mission certainly isn't SOS' mission - the mission is to rebuild the list and make the Club sustainably competitive. I think many of us underestimate that the chances of not seeing changes to the list every year are very low.

I'm not speaking of SPS here - but I think pretty much every player will always be on SOS's trading screen according to Club's needs - as it should be.

sort of incinerated we might have to prepare for a player to go if we wanted to unlock these deals, never considered it might be sps though

Me too … I honestly thought it would have been one of our taller brigade ….. and certainly not a midfielder …..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back