Bluemour Melting Pot XIX - Give Me Ed Baby - Return of the Prodigal Son

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop. Lol. Just stop.
I stopped yesterday, your mate brought it back up.

But that said the whole thing could have easily been avoided if Blue Balls had understood a very basic concept that what you actually pay for something isn't its value and that any savvy purchaser (whether they be buying antiques, share, real estate or trading for players) establishes the value of something before they consider the price. An example of this is when Betts actually left Carlton, Adelaide are on the record as having done a thorough analysis of Betts value and determined it was significantly higher than what Carlton was paying him. The Stocker trade is another example, the blues valued Stocker higher than pick 19, so were willing to take a bigger risk and pay a bigger price

Anyway I'm done.

Last edited:

Deluca upgraded first (rightly or wrongly). Why would they have locked in Gibbo a few weeks back and then change it?

Maybe to give the club maximum flexibility. Gibbons is locked away but if more opportunities were to open up during trade period than expected we could still fit them all on the primary list.

Not sure Deluca is certain to stay is he?

Maybe to give the club maximum flexibility. Gibbons is locked away but if more opportunities were to open up during trade period than expected we could still fit them all on the primary list.

Not sure Deluca is certain to stay is he?
Right now he's unsigned and UFA!

Pretty sure the AFL and Eddy put the brakes on the media last season with regards to trade whispers due to the focus coming off the finals and onto the trade targets. In other words the focus came off Collingwood. Fair call, but it may be the reason that the rumours have tapered off.

Respectfully mate I would be very surprised if that were the case. The trade period and everything that surrounds it has turned into a bit of a show piece for the AFL in the last decade or so. You only need to look at something like the rise of trade radio as proof of this.

I believe they would be doing everything possible to fuel these sorts of things given that before these times something like half the AFL supporter base would lose a lot of interest in the game at this time of year due to the fact their team isn't competing in finals. Any news is good news as far as the powers that be are concerned. Just my opinion.

Pretty sure the AFL and Eddy put the brakes on the media last season with regards to trade whispers due to the focus coming off the finals and onto the trade targets. In other words the focus came off Collingwood. Fair call, but it may be the reason that the rumours have tapered off.

I seriously doubt that Barass and MS3 and TCP have gone quiet because they don’t want to take the focus off the Pies. Remember they are our insiders and not the media’s.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That explains why so many people treat him as this mythical figure even though he hasn't got a clue what he's on about, I had no idea he had the sauce at one point in time.

Yep. Not even worth a click these days. Just regurgitates from news articles and makes baseless guesses that usually end up wrong and deleted afterwards.

Whatta you mean wut! Enough of this agonised talk about Eddie being too old etc. if Teague has a place for him in his plans then we get him. If it doesn’t work out then you can have a long, I Told You So whinge and moan about it.
I want him back but his age is a factor and he still isn't a blue so discussing it is exactly what this thread is for. No need for I told you so's, lets just be civil and remember that 12 of Eddies goals were against Gold Coast

If Eddie comes back then I'm strapping the baby to my boob and going to the ******* FOOTY

giphy.gif

I want him back but his age is a factor and he still isn't a blue so discussing it is exactly what this thread is for. No need for I told you so's, lets just be civil and remember that 12 of Eddies goals were against Gold Coast
The key question is whether he’d make us a a better team next season, regardless of where he got majority of his goals this season; and that’s even before considering the off field benefits. Don’t think there is any doubt that he would; regardless of his age. Bring him home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back