Bluemour Melting Pot XIX - Give Me Ed Baby - Return of the Prodigal Son

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just be crap enough a club to get Joe to fly north and help us land Papley.

Would be the greatest thing they ever did.....for us.

If we are relying on Joe going to Sydney for us to sign Papley then we could be in a bit of trouble.

According to a chat I had tonight with someone who is close enough to the situation the biggest stumbling block to any move could be Joe himself.

The possibility of him making a move isn't one that is based upon a desire by him to move. He needs to be convinced that it is the right move for him.

I think they just want out of that place.

Betts is on very very good money next year. He ain't leaving for money and no matter how we like to think it, we'll be lucky to play finals next week. We are way off a flag.
We are no chance of playing finals next week, but I am more bullish about playing finals next year if SOS can get the trades done that the ITKs are referring to.

Big yes to Eddie and Jacobs from me. Fill required needs.

Gibbs I'm on the fence about. I'm not sure his issues have been resolved. Leaving SA could bring further issues as well. Plus we front ended his last contract with us and he signed on to Adelaide for big $$. Difficult fence this one. Tentatively pass.

I stopped loving all of them as soon as they wanted to leave.

They left when it was in their interests to cut & run.

We should only take them back on our terms - no sentimentality here.

Eddie has clearly received the email.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only thing I don't get about a possible return of Betts is why he would give up 600k to play for peanuts when Adelaide will have new coach.

And don't tell me it's about a sweat retirement package because that ain't gonna happen.

The only thing I don't get about a possible return of Betts is why he would give up 600k to play for peanuts when Adelaide will have new coach.

And don't tell me it's about a sweat retirement package because that ain't gonna happen.
Maybe it’s not the coach that is/was the problem.

There could be more to it

He’s not the only one wanting out if Adelaide, that pre season camp did a heap of damage

I stopped loving all of them as soon as they wanted to leave.

They left when it was in their interests to cut & run.

We should only take them back on our terms - no sentimentality here.

Eddie has clearly received the email.....

They were both forced out of the club. Fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back