Bluemour Melting Pot XXII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

running for mayor, msr? with your history and achievements on bf you'll be a bigger get than ronny clarke..........
Tom Tate seems to have it under control at the moment, but I would take a phone call from him if he felt I had something to offer.

Seriously though, there is so much misinformation put out there about the Gold Coast. Yes it has its sordid side on the glitter strip, but beyond that is a thriving city populated by families who live & work in SE Qld & are the polar opposite of those who profit from the misadventures on the glitter strip. These families are no different to those families in the capital cities whose children participate in various sporting activities. In the case of the Gold Coast there is extremely strong demand for participation in our great game hence why a patient, long term approach should see the Suns become a permanent fixture on the AFL & Gold Coast landscape.

As for the here & now, the AFL need to actively assist the Suns in getting a strong, successful coach to run the show. Preferably Dimma, Clarko or Beveridge who would get the best out of what is building into a talented list & perhaps prevent the loss of key players to other clubs.

Dew will do. Just let him do his job.
He has more chance of seeing it through five years than Bolton had.
From a Carlton point of view, I agree. I don't see it with Dew. They lost 18 games in a row this season & it could well have been 19 if McG was standing on the goal line instead of 5 metres out from the Gold Coast goal. If we strung together 18 losses in a row the media would have had everyone at our club sacked, from the President down to the property steward.

Given there 3rd (& last) win for the season came against us, I'm giving them nothing.
Dew had nothing once his only really good experienced key defender Rory Thompson was done for the year and fill in Sam Collins went down about 6 or 7 weeks into season. His key defence is basically Jack Hombsch, his key forward Peter Wright and the rest is Chris Burgess or under sized Jesse Joyce...lol

How Harbrow, Witts and David Swallow found enough help to get any wins was a minor miracle...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Tate seems to have it under control at the moment, but I would take a phone call from him if he felt I had something to offer.

Seriously though, there is so much misinformation put out there about the Gold Coast. Yes it has its sordid side on the glitter strip, but beyond that is a thriving city populated by families who live & work in SE Qld & are the polar opposite of those who profit from the misadventures on the glitter strip. These families are no different to those families in the capital cities whose children participate in various sporting activities. In the case of the Gold Coast there is extremely strong demand for participation in our great game hence why a patient, long term approach should see the Suns become a permanent fixture on the AFL & Gold Coast landscape.

As for the here & now, the AFL need to actively assist the Suns in getting a strong, successful coach to run the show. Preferably Dimma, Clarko or Beveridge who would get the best out of what is building into a talented list & perhaps prevent the loss of key players to other clubs.

There is definitely an IQ drop of 15-20% in Qld

you said 4b has been retired........
This can’t be true?

We've brought it out of retirement and put it on the rookie list as a precaution.

Astute recruiting. It’s a SOS kind of move.
Wish you would retire, this post of yours shits me no end.

Starts of lowercase and then way to many full stops to finish.

Like you post just to annoy me.
I lolled.

That’s the joke/point my good man.
C11ED02F-B9A6-40DF-81D8-6CB9D54BD5AD.gif

This is the first time I have felt uneasy about the clubs direction since SOS started

Don't fu** this up Carlton
Yeah I have to agree with this.

The last time I felt like this was when we sacked Ratten and appointed Madhouse.

Yes, it did set us on our journey and we wouldn’t be where we are right now without those initial wheels being set in motion, and FWIW apart from the latest heartache in one of my favourite players of all time and one of the best things to happen to the club recently in SOS and his untimely departure, this is the best spot the club has been in for the past two decades.

I even had one supporter say to me “yeah it was time we moved SOS on, too many misses for my liking”.

Wow, the average supporter can be pretty average, huh?

This year we’ve brought in Newnes, Betts (short term) Martin, Pittonet, and also Stocker, Kemp and Philp for pick 4 essentially so SOS is leaving us in the best shape of the 00’s imo.

I’m still not entirely comfortable with the whole situation though.

Time will tell if it was the right call or not.

Last edited:
Heaven forbid someone else does to him, what he is doing to others.

It is pretty sad that someone is doing so much work to pretend he is actually someone we should care about.

Probably why I have never signed up to Twitter etc.
Twitter, Instagram, Facebook.

They are all poison, especially in the wrong hands, go out and read a book ffs.

*He says as he types on a form of social media.

Yeah, but this is different! 🙃

There is definitely an IQ drop of 15-20% in Qld
But they are smart enough that they won’t let daylight saving fade the curtains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back