Bluemour Melting Pot XXIX

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Here is a question or two about Lyon v Clarko..

Do you think Lyon would have a stronger desire to win a premiership after coming so close twice with 2 different clubs, and not having a cup to his name? Whereas Clarko's point to prove is to win a premiership at 2 different clubs. Would that even motivate Clarko at all?

Based on Lyon's strong record at 2 clubs, is he less of a high risk high reward option compared to Clarko who has only proven his success at one club with the same list?

I don't think Clarko would take the job if he didn't have a desire to do it. It's make-or-break time for us, and he basically has free-reign in terms of picking up a cushy media gig without the pressure of AFL coaching. You'd be mad to take the job if your heart wasn't completely set on it and you weren't up for the challenge. In saying that, Clarko will forever be a 4x Premiership Coach and Hawthorn legend, an AFL legend. Nobody would ever question how good a Coach he is just because he hasn't done it at multiple clubs. I think he'd be quite content with his record and his legacy.

I think Lyon would be desperate to shake the tag of the guy who got close. A bounce away from a flag. His desire to reach the ultimate success would be a massive driver for him. At first I was all in on Clarko, but as time has gone on, i've come around to Lyon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fu** me mate, you sure are “in the know”. Would love to know your sources! Please hang around.

I might.

*note to self..keep responses to less than 5 words. Sounds more authoritative*

giphy-7.gif

My concern with Lyon is that it's 8 years since he took that (admittedly pretty limited) Freo team to the big dance. That's an eternity in football, particularly with respect to changing expectations, personalities, attitudes etc amongst players. Changes in tactics don't concern me as much as changes in man management.

Would you prefer they sat on their collective hands until the season is over?

What happens if the best candidates are no longer available?

It's tricky situation.

One one hand they could be accused of being derelict in their duty if they don't do due diligence. On the other hand they can be seen as being disrespectful to Teague.
Actively looking for a coach whilst there is one still there. Then telling one of the candidates (Lyon) the job his his if Clarko doesn’t want to come on board.

Absolutely basket case!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back