Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
I'll make a thread for each of them specifically, but putting it in here in terms of the overall structure of the club and the vision Vozzo seems to have brought with him. :)
McPherson, Ward to lead Essendon’s Football Department

Essendon Football Club is delighted to announce the appointments of Daniel McPherson to General Manager – AFL and Aysha Ward to General Manager – AFLW.

These appointments have been made as part of a revised structure within the football department, with the club now having two senior executive positions focused solely on each of the AFL and the AFLW programs.

This structure allows for a concentrated approach on each elite program, as the club looks to maximise performance and build winning cultures in both areas.

Essendon CEO Craig Vozzo congratulated Daniel McPherson and Aysha Ward on their elevations to the club executive.

“We feel that these are two great appointments that will strengthen both our AFL and AFLW programs. Dan and Aysha are both high quality people and we look forward to their leadership in driving each area forward and having a significant impact on the club more generally,” Vozzo said.

“The updated structure is designed to create clear accountabilities within each elite program and to ensure both programs have an executive member solely focused on their success.

“Both Dan and Aysha were standout candidates for these positions, and we’re delighted to be able to promote our people from within and I congratulate them on their appointments.”

Last edited:

Fail Season 5 GIF by The Office

What happened?
Unless there's something else I haven't heard about, he's probably referring to Sheeds being up for re-election at the end of this year (along with someone else but idr who that was).

Nothing revolutionary, will be a shoo in like always. Sooner he gets to his term limit the better off we'll all be.

Sheedy, Roberts vying with anti-pokies challenger for two spots on Essendon board​

Essendon will have three candidates, including club legend Kevin Sheedy and a challenger, contesting two positions in the club’s upcoming board election.
Sheedy and fellow incumbent board member Tim Roberts are standing for the two board spots, along with challenger Graham Evans, who is standing on an anti-poker machine platform. Voting begins on Friday.

Kevin Sheedy is seeking re-election on the Essendon board.

Kevin Sheedy is seeking re-election on the Essendon board.CREDIT:EDDIE JIM

Essendon president David Barham confirmed that he had asked Sheedy, who turns 76 on Christmas Eve, to stand for re-election to the board.
“I encouraged ‘Sheeds’ to stand again because he’s making a great contribution,” said Barham. “What we need now is stability and unity as we move forward.”

The Essendon hierarchy is keen for the little-known Roberts, a construction executive whom they say is crucial to the club’s plans, to be retained on the board.
But Barham and the board are unwilling to campaign openly and forcefully push for members to vote for Roberts or Sheedy, believing that campaigning for and against candidates would be inappropriate.

Sheedy, in any case, is assured of election given his status with the membership as the club’s only living (four-time) premiership coach and arguably most influential figure since World War II.

Roberts, according to Essendon chief executive Craig Vozzo, has been important to the Bombers in searching for “alternate revenue” streams, in redeveloping Windy Hill and helping Vozzo and new executive and former player Mark Bolton, Essendon’s head of strategy, in their early months in their new roles. “Tim’s invaluable from a club perspective because of his skill base and experience in this sort of area [alternative revenues and major projects],” said Vozzo.

Roberts was appointed to the club board in November 2022 following a re-configuring of the board over the issue of Ben Rutten’s removal as senior coach.

Roberts is executive director of WT(Australia) and worked on projects such as Caulfield, Moonee Valley and Sandown racecourses, the VRC club stand (Flemington), Marvel Stadium, Eden Park (New Zealand), Carlton’s Princes Park and Essendon’s own Hangar facility.

Evans is the only challenger to the existing board, running on a platform of opposition to Essendon’s gaming interests. Evans and two other members of a group met Vozzo during the year to voice their opposition to the club’s gaming operations.
The Bombers’ counter, to date, has been that they need to source alternative revenue streams or investments before they can afford to jettison pokies, as other clubs, such as Geelong and Collingwood, have.

Sheedy wants to continue as a board member, having been brought on to the board by previous president Paul Brasher at the end of 2020, when the Bombers were dealing with the exodus of key players Joe Daniher, Adam Saad and Conor McKenna and facing member unrest.
Sheedy caused angst late in 2022 when he broke ranks with the board to say that he had wanted former champion James Hird to be appointed senior coach rather than Brad Scott, but has since backed Scott as the right man to revive Essendon.
All of Essendon’s 2023 members are eligible to vote in the election, with voting closing on Friday December 15.

Looking forward to another 3 years of Sheedy trying to undermine any positive step forward we take that doesn't involve him being the main man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But Barham and the board are unwilling to campaign openly and forcefully push for members to vote for Roberts or Sheedy…
proceeds to shamelessly campaign for Roberts and Sheedy…

We need to vote Roberts and Evans in. Get rid of Sheedy as soon as possible.
I will be but in reality I would have liked to see a stronger field.

I will be but in reality I would have liked to see a stronger field.
Eh. A smaller field means that the there's less dilution of votes. Everyone who wants Sheedy out have a simple choice, vote for the other two.

I understand and agree with your point by and large but in this case it makes it easier to vote him out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back