Autopsy Booing Ablett

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s really started last year in the corresponding game where he flopped 2 times in contests and the umps came over, dusted him off and handed him two goals. One of them was close to the worst flop I’ve seen. It was shown on the big screen and we’ve booed ever since

This - and the fact that he continues to chirp to the maggots.

Has been happening since this game and has zip to do with the Folau tweet for most of us.

Eleborate.. really keen to get an idea of how you come to that thought? I am actually confused, have we come across each other in person? Have we had dealings? Who haven't I respected?

Looking forward to a reply

I just use to read some of your posts. Thought you were a troll, at first, due to the number of times you take pot shots at hawthorn players, hawthorn staff or any way you could shoot down the club. I didn't read your post, but saw you using the word "respect", which is nothing you give our club, the majority of the time. Apparently you might say the occasional positive thing about the club, but I've rarely seen it.

You are free to post how you wish, of course. Go as negative as you wish, but a bit of balance might make you more readable.

Respectfully

LETHALS ELBOW

It’s really started last year in the corresponding game where he flopped 2 times in contests and the umps came over, dusted him off and handed him two goals. One of them was close to the worst flop I’ve seen. It was shown on the big screen and we’ve booed ever since

No reporters will investigate this. Looking to beat up a story.

I just use to read some of your posts. Thought you were a troll, at first, due to the number of times you take pot shots at hawthorn players, hawthorn staff or any way you could shoot down the club. I didn't read your post, but saw you using the word "respect", which is nothing you give our club, the majority of the time. Apparently you might say the occasional positive thing about the club, but I've rarely seen it.

You are free to post how you wish, of course. Go as negative as you wish, but a bit of balance might make you more readable.

Respectfully

LETHALS ELBOW

Just had a look through my last 30 odd posts as a test case and found very little pot shots at players, none of staff and none at the club. I agreed with a poster about Morrison regressing, I made note that Mirra got pantsed by Rohan however couldn’t find much in the way of pot shots. I think you may over exaggerate things in your little world Lethal.

I heard Blighty rambling on about this on SEN yesterday and couldn’t make head nor tail of it. Having read the article I’m none the wiser!
The geelong fans booed him for ten minutes early in the season, he never forgot and at the end of the season packed up his marbles and left. Sounds like the actions of a guy who would re-take a set shot after scoring a behind to draw level only to miss it all and give the game to Hawthorn.

Just had a look through my last 30 odd posts as a test case and found very little pot shots at players, none of staff and none at the club. I agreed with a poster about Morrison regressing, I made note that Mirra got pantsed by Rohan however couldn’t find much in the way of pot shots. I think you may over exaggerate things in your little world Lethal.

I haven't really paid attention to anything you've written for a while. Apart from short posts or brief skims. Maybe I'll give 'em a second read from here on and re-assess. Always happy to be proven wrong.

Go Hawks!

Love the media surrounding this. They all saying that it’s a terrible look for the game and he shouldn’t be booed like this and worried it’ll turn into a Goodes saga thing.

They don’t actually share this belief or they are very stupid as giving it media attention is only increasing the chance of it being a continued booing saga.

The geelong fans booed him for ten minutes early in the season, he never forgot and at the end of the season packed up his marbles and left. Sounds like the actions of a guy who would re-take a set shot after scoring a behind to draw level only to miss it all and give the game to Hawthorn.

It does put the whole St Kilda episode into context though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking forward to Hocking and the media coming out tomorrow to condemn the Essendon supporters for their booing.

Oh wait.

giphy.gif

I missed the Geelong game and would not have joined in on the booing of Ablett. He knew he stuffed up on the “like” and did his best to fix it. I admire that. If anyone here has a solid house of principle and has never stepped outside being a considered person... you will be found out.

Essendon supporters booed Pendlebury getting the BOG. That was horrible. He was the BOG and deserved the accolades.
My thought is Essendon supporters were not actually booing the player (as Buckley mistakenly thought). They were booing the horrible umpire decision that decided the match. Steve Hocking wants to change the way people talk about umpires. He feels the umpires are hard done by, while also loving the changes that he has made to the game.

The boos are for Steve Hocking. Every time the game is decided by umpires who are trying their best to interpret his new rules... will result in unhappy fans. He should hear the Boos and know they are for him.

Just make the game clear and obvious and the fans will only boo bad decisions or dog acts.

Last edited:
I missed the Geelong game and would not have joined in on the booing of Ablett. He knew he stuffed up on the “like” and did his best to fix it. I admire that. If anyone here has a solid house of principle and has never stepped outside being a considered person... you will be found out.

Essendon supporters booed Pendlebury getting the BOG. That was horrible. He was the BOG and deserved the accolades.
My thought is Essendon supporters were not actually booing the player (as Buckley mistakenly thought). They were booing the horrible umpire decision that decided the match. Steve Hocking wants to change the way people talk about umpires. He feels the umpires are hard done by, while also loving the changes that he has made to the game.

The boos are for Steve Hocking. Every time the game is decided by umpires who are trying their best to interpret his new rules... will result in unhappy fans. He should hear the Boos and know they are for him.

Just make the game clear and obvious and the fans will only boo bad decisions or dog acts.
Agreed. The bomber supporters were booing because they were frustrated by the free he got for a head high tackle at a critical time in the last quarter. It was there but, like all the modern rules, it was subject to interpretation.

The AFL need to publish a list of when booing is appropriate.

We're lucky to have them.

All the AFL needs to do to encourage booing is to project Steve Hocking's face on the video screen.
You'll hear some booing then!

Not Gary Hocking's face though, don't want to scare the children.

Agreed. The bomber supporters were booing because they were frustrated by the free he got for a head high tackle at a critical time in the last quarter. It was there but, like all the modern rules, it was subject to interpretation.
The umpiring in that game was pretty terrible, as it has been all year. No issue with that head high call on Pendles though, he was bending down to pick up the ball and had to duck his head further to avoid breaking his neck. It's literally how players protect themselves in that scenario.

Just watched a clip from 360. Piggy was saying we need to get it out of the game. Derm was saying it is all part of the theatre of footy, as long as it is not racially driven or directed at the marginised. He even apologised for defending the Bombers. His point is that the punters work hard druing the week, then pay their hard-earned to go to the footy. They are entitled to let of a bit of steam.

I'm with Derm. As a kid I would always boo players of the cross-town rivals (truth is their grounds were adjacent), simply because they played for the 'enemy'. Umpires were always fair game, too.

TBH, the AFL has really butchered the games this year. It is more like Big Bash where s**t sides get a run on, mainly because everybody is totally stuffed, scores are generally lower, umpires are making bizarre calls week in, week out. St Kilda is currently top 3 FFS. (Perhaps all due to Ratts :)).

Not the game I grew up loving. Now they are trying to take away my right to boo. Feck that.

All the AFL needs to do to encourage booing is to project Steve Hocking's face on the video screen.
You'll hear some booing then!

Not Gary Hocking's face though, don't want to scare the children.

Would people recognise Steve Hocking - as I wouldn't?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back