Booing Wellsy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Was my favourite player from the moment he walked into the club.

I don't boo, but I couldn't give a stuff if anyone did.

If you can't see why (in this case) it's a legitimate expression of fans' rights, then I dunno.

I don't boo, but I couldn't give a stuff if anyone did.

If you can't see why (in this case) it's a legitimate expression of fans' rights, then I dunno.
Same, I don't boo. But I won't deny those who want to when the reasons make sense.

Yep, this.

I'm happy for Basti doing well (but not too well) at Brisbane. Bore Levi no ill will conning a payday out of the overrated Derek Hine. Glad that Daniel Harris, Hamish Macintosh and the Aaron's Edwards and Black were able to squeeze an extra year or two out of their careers.

Wellsy was my favourite player for a decade and he couldn't repay it with a "so long and thanks for all the fish" at his last B&F. I felt nothing, numb when he left, not even in a sniffy "dead to me" way.

But when he kicked that goal I knew how I felt. I booed. Filled my lungs and booed and booed again. I asked questions about his calves and what he was going to say about that goal and the 5 touches that went with it at Collingwood's B&F. I said things that the sans-culottes said about the bourgeoisie in the glorious revolution.

And when he's done and returns to the fold I'll love him again.

Disgraceful guys, are we for real?
Yes we are. I've had it with guys walking out on our club. Pedersen, Wells, Bastinac. The list goes on. As Ronald Reagan said after Sept 11 - "you're either with us, or against us." I can't make it any simpler than that for all in Sunbury. I have zero time for "feel-good" stories and other nonsensical themes. Life is simply too short. If a real estate agent joined the KGB, would you still wish him all the best? No.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People might feel justified in booing him but as is often the case, he had the last laugh tonight.

Meh - went off injured and is in a side that won't play finals this year. Might scrape in next year if lucky and who knows in 2019.
Probably won't be playing much by then though as his best footy is behind him and he'll play less and less the deeper he goes into his contract.
His motivation will wane below its current level
His legs are strung together with silly string. If he played 15 more games I'd be surprised.

Took the clubs money over the seasons he was here when constantly injured, was known as a bit of prima donna when things didn't suit him, would walk off the training track at the lightest niggle and refuse to train etc, would rock up to preseason barely fit and in need of a lot of catch up work. Theres more there regarding coaches etc.

Knew way before he announced it that he was leaving but did not tell anyone, he gave it away in an interview where he had mentioned to his daughter a few weeks before the B&F he was leaving North and his daughter had broken down into a teary mess.

Refused to face the fans at the B&F and say goodbye and thank the coaches for sticking by him when he couldn't get on the track. Took the back door out of the club to take a final pay day at collingwood which rightly aggravated blokes who once called him a brother.
Bravo.

I'm glad he got his final pay day. Worked for wells, his family, and us.

It's the way he left that rubbed me the wrong way. Man up and thank the fans. I know he's shy etc. but come on...you played for North for over a decade. If LMac was pussed at him there must have been other aspects the players weren't happy with.

Bravo.

I'm glad he got his final pay day. Worked for wells, his family, and us.

It's the way he left that rubbed me the wrong way. Man up and thank the fans. I know he's shy etc. but come on...you played for North for over a decade. If LMac was pussed at him there must have been other aspects the players weren't happy with.

Even Pig went to the B&F.

Ma$$ive $cum. Betrayed the footy club who wa$ $o good to him.. de$erve$ all the boo$ he get$. And that $mile when he kicked that goal.. what a di$grace.

Yep, this.

I'm happy for Basti doing well (but not too well) at Brisbane. Bore Levi no ill will conning a payday out of the overrated Derek Hine. Glad that Daniel Harris, Hamish Macintosh and the Aaron's Edwards and Black were able to squeeze an extra year or two out of their careers.

Wellsy was my favourite player for a decade and he couldn't repay it with a "so long and thanks for all the fish" at his last B&F. I felt nothing, numb when he left, not even in a sniffy "dead to me" way.

But when he kicked that goal I knew how I felt. I booed. Filled my lungs and booed and booed again. I asked questions about his calves and what he was going to say about that goal and the 5 touches that went with it at Collingwood's B&F. I said things that the sans-culottes said about the bourgeoisie in the glorious revolution.

And when he's done and returns to the fold I'll love him again.
Where did Harris play?

Where did Harris play?

Went to Gold Coast.

......and post his playing career is a rusted on die hard North member and supporter like the rest of us (even owning up to scanning and posting on BF on the odd occasion).

I wonder where Daniel's allegiances will lie post his playing days (let alone his kids').

Remove this Banner Ad

Back