Both West Coast and Fremantle to have 7 straight games in Perth during WA Hub

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't understand how people seem to miss the point of angst when Richmond/Collingwood MCG games is mentioned - Whether or not the MCG games are legit home ground advantage or 'neutral' is irrelevant - It's the copious amount of practice and familiarity at the GF final that other clubs will never have access to

Freo & West Coast having 7 home games in a row then having to play a GF at the MCG is not comparible
As I've always said, where do people suggest Melbourne clubs play each other if not in Melbourne? There's 10 teams in Victoria, of which most host home games at MCG or Marvel or both depending on match ups.

When you factor in double ups, of course we are going to play a lot of games there.

7 in a row leading into finals is something that can easily be avoided

Send Collingwood/Richmond to Ballarat/Geelong/Tasmania

(in a normal, non-covid season)

Against who?

The only away games during that run was Collingwood (who doesn't sell away games) & Melbourne (who only sell games in NT and want to play Vic clubs in Vic).

This has been discussed ad-nauseam over the summer.

Against who?

The only away games during that run was Collingwood (who doesn't sell away games) & Melbourne (who only sell games in NT and want to play Vic clubs in Vic).

This has been discussed ad-nauseam over the summer.

sort the fixture so that no one has 7 games in a row leading into finals at the MCG

It can't be that hard

sort the fixture so that no one has 7 games in a row leading into finals at the MCG

It can't be that hard

If I had a dollar for every time I've read this complaint on BigFooty since October I'd probably be able to buy Marvel Stadium :rolleyes:

Why wasn't this a bigger deal when the fixture was made in October 2018 and only after Richmond started winning.

Why wasn't this a bigger deal when the fixture was made in October 2018 and only after Richmond started winning.

This quote is from 1st Nov 2018

1 game at the MCG, after the AFL mentioned giving Non-Vic teams more access, meanwhile Richmond get their final 5 games in a row before finals there

What . A . ******* . Joke

I got it wrong I only noticed the last 5 games - not 7

It got a bigger deal as it came closer to the point because that's when more people noticed it

and let's say there was a main board thread made about it at the time it was released - How would have that changed anything?

We’re Not. We are grateful we did not elect an incompetent lefty halfwit

You do realise that both McGowan & Andrews are part of the same political party :rolleyes:

and let's say there was a main board thread made about it at the time it was released - How would have that changed anything?

It would've meant that most of the Whinging about it would've been done when the Fixture got released instead of waiting until after Richmond won a Premiership.

The way the main board has been since October you would've thought that West Coast lost the Grand Final to Richmond because of the 7/9/14 games at the MCG in a row. It's kinda pathetic & sad trying to discredit a premiership team because of something after the fact. Even now-- you're focusing on Richmond rather than discussing the topic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't wait to hear what the problem is when Wet Coast have to travel again. Too cloudy, full moon, bindies?

As I've always said, where do people suggest Melbourne clubs play each other if not in Melbourne? There's 10 teams in Victoria, of which most host home games at MCG or Marvel or both depending on match ups.

When you factor in double ups, of course we are going to play a lot of games there.

I'd suggest stop sending Freo to Launceston, Hobart, Darwin and Canberra. Send Collingwood, Essendon or Richmond to play Melbourne, Hawthorn and North when they sell games, that's what I'd suggest!

7 in a row leading into finals is something that can easily be avoided

Send Collingwood/Richmond to Ballarat/Geelong/Tasmania

(in a normal, non-covid season)
That’s not a problem. But it may be for opposition sides

Bulldogs play Ballarat. North Tas. Geelong, well Geelong. All tenants at Marvel except for St Kilda accounted for. Play them as a home game at the G.

Away game against Mel and Haw at the G. Away game against Carlton at the G. Away game against the Bombers at the G.

11 home games at the G. 4 games against any of the non-Vic teams away. The other 4 at the G.

5 games interstate.
1 in Ballarat.
1 in Geelong.
15 at the MCG.

I don’t mind it.

I'd suggest stop sending Freo to Launceston, Hobart, Darwin and Canberra. Send Collingwood, Essendon or Richmond to play Melbourne, Hawthorn and North when they sell games, that's what I'd suggest!
That would go against the reason why the clubs sell these games interstate. It’s because they can’t draw crowds for some interstate sides coming over to Melb like their big MCG tenants can.

Don't you love the arrogance of supporters from a certain state who continually think that they can dictate where their clubs play AWAY games :rolleyes:

Doesn't really make sense, given they are both VIC clubs to play it in Tassie, rather than a team already travelling, but even if it did, what would it be maybe 1 game every other year? Don't think it would stop the whining.

don't you love the arrogance of supporters from a certain state who continually deny they are privileged clubs in the current A(V)FL structure

It's sad how another thread has been turned into a #VICBIAS rant. Isn't there a new one of these every second day?

Doesn't really make sense, given they are both VIC clubs to play it in Tassie, rather than a team already travelling, but even if it did, what would it be maybe 1 game every other year? Don't think it would stop the whining.

In the interest of FAIRNESS it makes 100% sense. We could play more than once a year at the MCG instead of Tassie and Darwin, ya know, where the next 50 GF's are. If that's not proof there is a Vic Bias............

In the interest of FAIRNESS it makes 100% sense. We could play more than once a year at the MCG instead of Tassie and Darwin, ya know, where the next 50 GF's are. If that's not proof there is a Vic Bias............

Considering North Melbourne is a Marvel tenant & Hawthorn often plays 1 home game at Marvel a season if the Fremantle game was moved back to Victoria it'd still most likely get played at Marvel anyway ;)

But in the interest of FAIRNESS I think that home teams should be allowed to choose where they play their home games and not have it dictated to them by the away team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back