Box Hill Hawks v Northern Blues - Sat, 30 June 2012, 2.00pm @ BHCO

Remove this Banner Ad

Box Hill Hawks come off yet another bye to host the Northern Blues with the Hawks looking to bounce back from a poor game against Bendigo Gold and tighten their grip on a top eight finish this season. In the meantime, the Blues suffered a heavy defeat last week at the hands of the Cats and will expect a tougher performance.

Blues.jpg

Again, the question on everybody's lips is whether Hawthorn will see fit to allow Luke Hodge to make his long-awaited return from his knee injury through the VFL or whether he'll slip straight into Hawthorn's 22.

Saturday also represents Box Hill's last home game for a month, so don't delay - come down and support the boys!

Should have Pratt and Muston back which will be welcome and I've noticed Changa has been removed from the Hawks injury list so lets hope he gets a run.

Box Hill Hawks vs. Northern Blues
Saturday 30th June
Box Hill City Oval at 2:00 PM
B Jones Litherland Thompson
HB Duryea Mirra T Murphy
C Hill Bruce Lock
HF Frank Cheney X Murphy
F Johnson Pratt Wanganeen
R Lowden
RR Schneider
R Andrews
Int: Kelly, Hallahan, Ralph, Grimley, Gordon, Gilchrist, Lawlor, Post, Northe

Not one of our strongest line ups for the year. A concerning lack of height.
No Pattison, Boumann, Or Gilham. Boumann played one game on return from his appendix removal and has missed the past two weeks since. Not sure what's up with Gilham.

Box Hill Hawks vs. Northern Blues
Saturday 30th June
Box Hill City Oval at 2:00 PM
B Jones Litherland Thompson
HB Duryea Mirra T Murphy
C Hill Bruce Lock
HF Frank Cheney X Murphy
F Johnson Pratt Wanganeen
R Lowden
RR Schneider
R Andrews
Int: Kelly, Hallahan, Ralph, Grimley, Gordon, Gilchrist, Lawlor, Post, Northe

Not one of our strongest line ups for the year. A concerning lack of height.
No Pattison, Boumann, Or Gilham. Boumann played one game on return from his appendix removal and has missed the past two weeks since. Not sure what's up with Gilham.

Good side for wet weather.

Hopefully, with game time, Hallahan will start to win more of the footy.

The lack of height may have been addressed to an extent with Tom Gordon & Kalem Post being named as possible inclusions on the bench. The out of touch Sam Grimley will have to play in Patto's absence, as back up to Lowden.

The forecast we weather will help us contain big Blues' forwards Luke Mitchell & Bret Thornton, but they have the likes of Russell, Bower, Lucas, Collins & Curnow around the ball.

Hopefully Luke Lowden can bounce back from his beating at the hands of David Hille last game and show some form against Nick Meese.

I'm hopeful that Taylor Duryea and Derrick Wanganeen can perform and be considered for promotion next week against GWS.

Hopefully Luke Lowden can bounce back from his beating at the hands of David Hille last game and show some form against Nick Meese.

Oh dear, $5000 fine for you my friend, Luke does not bat that way:p

This is my last chance to see Box Hill until finals as I'll be overseas for 8wks (spreading the word of Hawthorn and Box Hill:cool: ). Let's hope the boys can put on a big show!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After last night, come down to BHH to watch the youngsters take on the blues. Not sure who is lining up for the Blues but Carl Peterson should be playing in one of the games.

Hope the Stangers win today, come down and bring the family.

After last night, come down to BHH to watch the youngsters take on the blues. Not sure who is lining up for the Blues but Carl Peterson should be playing in one of the games.

Hope the Stangers win today, come down and bring the family.

You buying me a beer today tiprat?

Box Hill Development Squad leading by 1 point after 10 minutes.

Grimley playing at CHB.....
mr blackbyrd, score update please? Just finishing my beer and housework and i'm on my way to the tuckshop for a $4 can of Carlton, multiplied by 2 for the tiprat.

Box Hill Hawks
3.4 10.5 17.7 19.9 (123)
Northern Blues
6.1 6.3 8.6 10.6 (66)

GOALS:
Box Hill Hawks: Frank 2 Johnson 2 WANGANEEN 2 Pratt 2 Bruce 2 Schneider Murphy Lowden Cheney Gilchrist Lawlor Hill Ralph Andrews
Northern Blues: Thornton 4 Mitchell 3 Thomas 2 Lambert

BEST:
Box Hill Hawks: Andrews Cheney Jones Murphy Murphy Hill
Northern Blues: Curnow Collins Lucas McInnes Lambert Meese

Very good win to the Stangers. Cheney, Murphy (snr) & Hill all good chances of recalls against GWS. Not sure about Duryea, Lowden & Wanganeen's chances of debuting now.

What do BH regulars think of Luke Andrews? Seems to have come from nowhere this year. Tough, courageous, inside mid. May be worth a look?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back