Scandal Brad crouch and Tyson Stengle caught with illicit substances

wal

Premiership Player
Mar 13, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
EFFC
The club is working closely to support, blah blah blah. Their health and well-being is our main concern, blah blah blah. Error of their ways, let the side down, learnt from their mistakes, moving forward etc, etc, etc. Have I left any lame excuse out?
If they were FIFO’s, with mortgages and family and financial commitments, they would have been sacked on the spot.
Granted, they would not be on Foxtell or whatever, but every employment agency would know, so no job for you bucko.
I mean give me a break.
What a load of tripe!
I know right, like that time one AFL club had one of their players caught on phone taps by the cops doing drug deals with bikies
and the club "punished" him by making him captain.

Jakksynn

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 10, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Taxis literally never get pulled over so the driver has either dobbed them in or they’ve been ratted out by someone.

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Always amusing to read these threads and be reminded that a lot of people still believe drugs are bad and/or unusual in our society.

The level of shelter in somebody's life to still believe that past their late teens / early twenties is something I can barely imagine.

Turnover

Cancelled
May 30, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
Always amusing to read these threads and be reminded that a lot of people still believe drugs are bad and/or unusual in our society.

The level of shelter in somebody's life to still believe that past their late teens / early twenties is something I can barely imagine.
Keep telling yourself that.

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong

For older chaps it does come as a surprise to realise how prevalent drug use is amongst younger folk.
When i was 20 hardly anyone was using other than marijuana and that lost its hipness when you realised how dull those people were. Was just booze really.

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
For older chaps it does come as a surprise to realise how prevalent drug use is amongst younger folk.
I think this is part of it, I think also the non 'cool' kids at school and uni don't see or understand what the 'cool' kids are really up to.

Not that I'm saying it is 'cool' to do drugs, but the point is, it's like there's an entire segment of society who are oblivious to what the rest are doing.

If they were FIFO’s, with mortgages and family and financial commitments, they would have been sacked on the spot.

If they were FIFO they would have got the warning from the police their employer would have never found out and they would have gone about their days as per normal. These guys are off the clock at the moment. It's the offseason for them. It's not like they did a Lawrence Angwin/Karl Norman.

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
Seems to be a small amount of Bolivian marching powder.
Not a random police stop. So my guess is a tip off.

Might be a "plant" from Roo.
Just saved you blokes an extra 200k and probably cost the crows pick 2. Biggest Clanger in his career and that's impressive

If they were FIFO they would have got the warning from the police their employer would have never found out and they would have gone about their days as per normal. These guys are off the clock at the moment. It's the offseason for them. It's not like they did a Lawrence Angwin/Karl Norman.

Negatorial- if they were found with illicit substances on site, they were on the 1st plane home.

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
I think this is part of it, I think also the non 'cool' kids at school and uni don't see or understand what the 'cool' kids are really up to.
Well that's just it really, it's completely normalised in society. It's not actually just "cool" kids who do it. It's basically everyone.

Negatorial- if they were found with illicit substances on site, they were on the 1st plane home.
Equivalent to that would be being caught with drugs on game day. Which is a lengthy suspension.

This would be more like doing it in their own time away from the office. Unless it became a criminal charge no-one would be talking about it.

Back