Recommitted Brad Crouch [RFA 2020]

Remove this Banner Ad

Rankine has re-signed. Loves it on the Gold Coast. Couldn't get out of Adelaide quick enough. Clearly not the flight risk everyone thought he was.
On the bye round some of his Adelaide mates came up to the gc to visit him here.

He might have gone back to Adelaide at some point as well, I’m not sure, but looks to be loving it on the gc nonetheless

Wait till he starts playing (and hopefully winning a few) games.

Think we deserve to get some form of top 10 pick if he does go to GC. I reckon his value is similar to that of Neale’s last year

If the Dockers get 6 for Hill...

Freo: 2020 11, 20
GC: Crouch, 28, later pick in the 30’s from Freo (if they can get it)
Adel: 6, 15

Neale’s value was pick 3 last year, this trade values Brouch at pick 4. Seems fair to me

We’ve literally said he’s off the table from the CEO and the list manager. Not sure how much more categoric you can get.
We are not trading jack lukosius this year.
And brad himself said its ridiculous this trade talk...
What is said and happens are two totally different things

Think we deserve to get some form of top 10 pick if he does go to GC. I reckon his value is similar to that of Neale’s last year

Neale’s value was pick 3 last year, this trade values Brouch at pick 4. Seems fair to me

In comparison to the Neale trade how is it "fair"

Neale was a 2 time BnF Winner (and 2 X best player from a WA club both years WCE player Finals, including last year when they won the flag).

Also looking at the Wingard trade as a comparison, put his value at roughly 3 and Crouch isn't in the same league.

Even factoring in the suns desperation for players thats still ridiculous.

Neale was a 2 time BnF Winner (and 2 X best player from a WA club both years WCE player Finals, including last year when they won the flag).

Also looking at the Wingard trade as a comparison, put his value at roughly 3 and Crouch isn't in the same league.

Crouch is likely going to be our B&F winner this year coming off a career-best year, and has had similar stats to what Neale had last year + is born the year after Neale (both the same age when traded). It's not an uncommon view that he should be the same value as Neale, afl.com.au basically said the same

Even if you changed pick 28 to Greenwood, I'd probably be okay with it. Gold Coast should be okay with it, too - it's basically 11 and 15 for Crouch, and 20 for Greenwood and 36-odd (valuing Greenwood as a 40's pick)

There is 6/7 months difference in age but Neal has played 160 games compared to Crouch 83 also their disposal efficiency is another point of difference with Neal at 75% and Crouch at 67% in their careers.

But the main difference is that Neal is a leader that is the main reason the Lions wanted him.

No way are they similar value ,Crouch had a good year but not a top 5 pick

I think Crouch's management have been using other clubs to try and get a better deal out of Adelaide, but now Gold Coast's offer has gotten so high that he might actually leave.

Won't be a tiger though unfortunately. Been interested for two years, but we just don't have the cash to throw at him that the Suns do.

So Freo give up pick 6 and a later pick in the 30’s for 2020 11 (which will be pushed back to about 16+ because of F/S & NGA) and pick 20.

Are you drunk, high or stupid?

You must’ve been the Adelaide supporter who phone in today asking if both Crouch’s and Greenwood for 1, 2, Lukosius and Rankine was a fair deal.

Seriously, NFI

Neale played for Fremantle, so why is west coast winning the flag relevant?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s being offered 5m over 6 years from GC. If clubs are gonna offer stupid money (imo for a bloke always injured) then so be it.
$835,000 a year compared to a melbourne club offering $700k and after tax probably $85k a year difference
I think if there was a melbourne club interested in him thats in a premiership window thats happy to pay $700k he would take the melbourne club option being a melbourne boy.
which indicates to me that there really is not that type of interest in him from melbourne

Both Crouch's, Greenwood, 4 for Rankine/Lukosious and a 2nd rounder back.
Geez that would be pretty generous. An AA mid and bnf winner, the other will be a bnf winner later this week, plus pick 4 and greenwood

I know people like to devalue Adelaide crows players when there’s talk of them being traded but this is a bit over the top

Agree with guy who said the Freo pick swap is the issue here. No way they'd do it. If Gold Coast aren't prepared to countenance Lukosius, it would have to be something like 6+15 to make Crows take it. Talk of 15 and next year's 11 like Trade Radio are suggesting won't cut it.

I missed the part where Neale was injured half his career.
Durability a strong consideration. Crouch played half the number of games.
At their best Neale prior to this year was a tier above, after this year Neale two tiers above crouch.

He’s being offered 5m over 6 years from GC. If clubs are gonna offer stupid money (imo for a bloke always injured) then so be it.
Our list manager on trade radio said figures being reported in the media are plain wrong.
A poster on our board with connections to coaching staff said were interested but most wed pay him is 700k.

And brad himself said its ridiculous this trade talk...
What is said and happens are two totally different things
Did he?
I saw that article saying the talk about Matt was bullshit.

He is probably just trying to drive up his own price - our list manager said they’ve spoken to crouches management but seem there is a bit of a gulf between valuation from both parties.

Definitely been talks - that’s all though.

Did he?
I saw that article saying the talk about Matt was bulls**t.

He is probably just trying to drive up his own price - our list manager said they’ve spoken to crouches management but seem there is a bit of a gulf between valuation from both parties.

Definitely been talks - that’s all though.

If he wants to leave all im interested in is the compo

If the compo is crap he can stay and go as a RFA next year and get paid half of what he could whilst seeing out his contract , it would be in his managers interest to find a club willing to trade for a contracted player with a return greater than that RFA compo we will receive, as it appears he will double his income next year

Both Adelaide and GC would be fully aware of the predicted RFA compo

It may be in GC's interest to wait to next year, however with him being a Victorian, he may look at Melbourne clubs next year aswell, he becomes more attractive to all clubs when no trade is required

If he wants to leave all im interested in is the compo

If the compo is crap he can stay and go as a RFA next year and get paid half of what he could whilst seeing out his contract , it would be in his managers interest to find a club willing to trade for a contracted player with a return greater than that RFA compo we will receive, as it appears he will double his income next year

Both Adelaide and GC would be fully aware of the predicted RFA compo

It may be in GC's interest to wait to next year, however with him being a Victorian, he may look at Melbourne clubs next year aswell, he becomes more attractive to all clubs when no trade is required
Fair enough, I don't think both parties see the deal as priority. I am happy for him to go back to Victoria next year , no point having a player just for money and become another ablett. Adelaide players exudus is slowly catching up to GCS level.

Fair enough, I don't think both parties see the deal as priority. I am happy for him to go back to Victoria, no point having a player just for money.

Not sure if GC are going after many players he will probably win our B and F so he is a pretty big fish, but like I said he is a RFA next year, its just the competition increases because of that and he is Victorian

Remove this Banner Ad

Back