Brad Scott - New Essendon Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

My bold prediction is Essendon will end their streak of no finals wins under Scott's coaching.
In 2023 is my tip.

Is Brad Scott the coach to bring the bombers their 17th VFL/AFL flag... I don't think so.

Is Brad Scott the coach to get them competitive and maybe make a prelim... I think so.

My bold prediction is Essendon will end their streak of no finals wins under Scott's coaching.

Essendon's list will soon be in a state that Mark Neeld could win snag a cheap final with it.

They need to be aiming higher than that come 2024 after Scott has had a year to settle and they get another 22 games into some kids.

Four Lions from their Premiership era now senior coaches.

Is that some kind of Record?

Chris Scott
Craig McRae
Michael Voss
Brad Scott

Four Lions from their Premiership era now senior coaches.

Is that some kind of Record?

Chris Scott
Craig McRae
Michael Voss
Brad Scott
Hawthorn of 1983 just has them covered:

Gary Ayres
Rodney Eade
Peter Schwab
Terry Wallace
Leigh Matthews

In before the cliched, misguided narrative of “he overachieved with an average list”.

Not saying it won’t work out for Essendon, he might well be what they need now, who knows, might even win a final. But he’s a stubborn bastard who repeatedly showed an inability to stop opposition momentum, led questionable development of young players, and had a knack of playing his favourites to the detriment of the team.
Sounds like three of the last four Saints coaches

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In 2023 is my tip.

Is Brad Scott the coach to bring the bombers their 17th VFL/AFL flag... I don't think so.

Is Brad Scott the coach to get them competitive and maybe make a prelim... I think so.

I'll take it!

Not convinced. Hopefully he can prove me wrong.

Scott does not seem like someone to take a backward step so I expect fireworks between him and the board (which I think will be good at the end of the day).

In the last 2 decades how many recycled senior coaches have won a premiership. One. Malthouse in 2010.Correct me if I'm wrong.

How is it right that Steven Hocking and now Brad Scott, can go straight from working with the AFL to joining a club.
Scott has all the inside information on salary caps and what every player is getting paid.
They should be made to wait a year.
Steven Hocking went from Geelong to the AFL, where he changed the rules that just happened to favour Geelong, then straight back to Geelong.
How is it right that people can spout nonesense like this year after year? premiers to 12th is a piss poor performance. two years without a finals win dirve you bonkers? Must have been used to it though?

In the last 2 decades how many recycled senior coaches have won a premiership. One. Malthouse in 2010.Correct me if I'm wrong.
Voss in 2023 according to Carlton supporters.

Gee the senior coach cupboard must be pretty bare at the moment.
Clarkson
Lyon

Scott

Choco may have been an option, but I reckon was more a chance to come in and work under a younger coach (i.e. Yze)

My preference was Yze (esp with Choco). But I also see why Scott is the better fit. 10 years at a club as senior coach, few years as a senior AFL Admin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back