Brad Scott shows his true colors

Remove this Banner Ad

Media beat-up. Slow news day.

Please don't tar all of us Doggie supporters with the same brush. Love The Bont of course, but could not give a flying f*** about this s**t!
After the way some of (majority) of their fans carried on last week. You can't say you haven't enjoyed Scott made to look like an aboslute clown this week. I agree entirely with you that it's a storm in a teacup. But I've loved seeing Scott get embarrassed by the Bont. If Bont had of got pushed around and made to look ordinary in a loss. We wouldn't have heard the end of it. Was nice to see him stand up.

I tried to engage in their banter thread, but to no prevail. They are so senile and snarky over there. No humour at all.

Brad is a Serial Whinger

This is on the match against the Hawks
[“But we also conceded too many free kicks last time. We conceded, I think, four of their first five goals through free kicks.']

Roos were 16-4 at quarter time and finished 29-18. This despite being the instigators of the niggle the entire match.

Perhaps Brad shouldn't have instructed his players to go the niggle if he wanted to avoid free kicks?

In any event, the first five Hawthorn goals from fanfooty:

1st Hawthorn goal
Ziebell gets late to Mitchell marking on the HBF and clocks him high, melee forms but Mitchell plays on to create a fast break, Smith is released, two bounces through CHF, goal! (Q1 3:18) - Indirectly at best from a free kick on the HBF due to niggle from the Roos

Kangaroos free
Thomas draws a holding free on Stratton 40m out on the flank, he doesn't score. (Q1 7:48) - Could have scored a goal from a free kick but didn't

3rd Kangaroo goal
Brown plays on to advantage from a free on the wing and targets Petrie who juggles a mark in front of Stratton next to the hotspot. The Dish serves up goal number one. (Q1 19:39) - Indirectly from a free on the wing

Kangaroos free
Gibson is pinged for a throw 25m out on the flank, Wood takes the shot but misses badly. (Q1 24:49) - Could have scored a goal from a free kick but didn't

2nd Hawthorn goal
A downfield free from an incident off the ball is given to O'Brien 35m out on a slight angle as he fights for a ground ball. O'Brien steers through a much needed Hawk goal. (Q2 7:16) - Goal from a free due to niggle from the Roos

3rd Hawthorn goal
Howe kicks high and hopeful from the HFF to the square, big pack but it's Rioli who hits the crumb at speed, bursts free and runs into the open goal! (Q2 13:50) - not a free

4th Hawthorn goal
Bruest roves a long Gibson ball to a huge pack 35m out on the flank and gives to Puopolo, he is corralled and gives to Sicily who goals off a step! (Q2 19:58)
- not a free

5th Hawthorn goal
Mitchell clears after the next centre bounce and is flattened by Ziebell, downfield free to Rioli at 30m on the flank. Cyril goals, scores level! (Q2 21:50) - from a clear free kick due to niggle from the Roos

etc. etc.

Final tally:
Hawks - 2 out of 5 goals from clear free kicks due to Brad Scott's instructions

During this period the kangaroos also got 2 attempts at goal from a free kick but missed (together with about 20 others during the first quarter and a half).

Reality > Brad Scott

Last edited:
He was BOG, 19 touches, 9 tackles, 1 goal, 3 others created by his brilliance, 118 point game, most on the field, in a low scoring game decided by 14 points. Others had very good games, but he was most influential easily. But ok scott thought he wasn't the best, fair enough...to have him outside the top 5 players... Scott being a petulant child again. He has more then enough form as to his character, or lack thereof.

When someone thinks this has any relevance to football you simply ignore those people as they don't do football.

When someone thinks this has any relevance to football you simply ignore those people as they don't do football.
HA, you try arguing that with the ones who think it is the holy grail. It was there when i double checked the stats to get them right, Those numbers were there and figured i would tack it on, for those who love that and it means a great deal to them and their fantasy teams or whatever.

Bont was most influential if not best on for me, I have watched the game 3 times now assessing various players and such. You either agree, or you don't. Don't care. I am not angry that bont got less points, i couldn't care less, i don't think any dogs do, we found it hilarious that brad snott made himself look like a complete tool yet again. That is always enjoyable.

But you can feel free to put me on ignore, you won't ever have to see my posts, and i won't ever have to respond to you again. Win - Win.

Bont is a great player who had a great game, but believe it or not, there is more than one way to judge a game of football.

Scott is a goose , but he's entitled to his opinion.
Of course Scott is entitled to his opinion, so here is mine - He is a smug and cocky winner and a bloody sook and a spiteful loser,

Correct me if I'm wrong:
  • Round 6 - North win by 16 points
    • Bont unhappy with high tackle and speaks about it in the media
    • MRP consequently look at incident and LT suspended for high tackle despite Hunter playing out the game
    • From the carry on by dogs supporters on BF, you'd have thought Hunter was king hit behind the ball
  • Round 20 - Dogs win by 14 points
    • Bont not included in coaches votes by North coaching staff
    • Article written about Bont not getting votes
    • Dogs supporters upset Bont didn't get votes by North coaching staff
North are the sooks..?

Take your win and move on.

Correct me if I'm wrong:
  • Round 6 - North win by 16 points
    • Bont unhappy with high tackle and speaks about it in the media
    • MRP consequently look at incident and LT suspended for high tackle despite Hunter playing out the game
    • From the carry on by dogs supporters on BF, you'd have thought Hunter was king hit behind the ball
  • Round 20 - Dogs win by 14 points
    • Bont not included in coaches votes by North coaching staff
    • Article written about Bont not getting votes
    • Dogs supporters LOL when Bont didn't get votes by sooky North coach and media picks up on it showing Brad Snott to be a sook again.
North are the sooks..? No, our coach is!

The laughters on us folks.

Corrected and Thank you :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Corrected and Thank you :thumbsu:
Thanks for that.

Glad to see an article in the Herald Sun can stir you lot up that easily.

See you in finals xx

Why not just keep the vores confidential

Really dumb making them public
“I thought those votes were confidential? Are they not?” he said.

“I’m not going to detail who I gave votes to, but it was a 14-point game, our midfield — more clearances, more contested possessions — we thought our midfield was OK, but we thought the Bulldogs defenders were exceptional. So you don’t have to be too smart (to guess) where we apportioned our votes."

They're meant to be. Beveridge threw his toys out of the cot when he saw the total votes and ran to the media. Its what they do.
Don't make things up to try and turn it around, Bevo hasn't said anything about it, the media picked up on it, or someone else did and mentioned it because of how the votes panned out, it could be calculated. Slow news week so they have jumped on it as it is something else to talk about other then Hurley, and they used up their Richmond and Brisbane are in Crisis articles last week.

Snott's reasons for it are actually pretty legitimate imho, our defence would have caused him massive issues, he is allowed to see the game from a different angle, a coaches perspective and he was always going to give a couple of his own boys a vote or 2, so if he didn't see Bonti as top 3 for the dogs, then no votes for bont.

but this is Bigfooty so enough of that rational logical real world rubbish.

BRAD SNOTT IS A SOOK WAH WAH WAH

:p

This thread made it to 8 pages?

Geez who gives a s**t.
True. Scott is a smug prick.

Can't remember being ashamed of North before. Pride was once part of the shinboner culture.

These days I'm ashamed of Brad's talent recognition and continually watching the same players torch important games.

It's embarrassing watching a North captain who can't even kick a football or make good decisions.

It's shameful watching Sam Gibson kick it directly to the opposition the whole game every 2nd week.

It's humiliating watching Lindsay Thomas attention seeking and acting every game. For a player that can't win a one on one contest and has never finished top 10 in a B&F, he sure does cop a lot of head from the north flogs on Bigfooty.

Scott and Thomas are culture killers at North.

This shameful duo will set the club back a generation.

What was once the best culture around, has fallen in a hole.

Hopefully the damage Scott and Thomas do to the clubs image and culture can be repaired in 2 years when they are history.

Surely coaches are allowed to give votes to whoever they like and don't need to defend it.

One of the coaches (I'm assuming Beveridge but could have been Chris Scott) gave Bont 4 votes for the game in R19 against Geelong when I thought there were at least half a dozen better than him.

Don't think he should be forced to answer for it though.

Surely coaches are allowed to give votes to whoever they like and don't need to defend it.

One of the coaches (I'm assuming Beveridge but could have been Chris Scott) gave Bont 4 votes for the game in R19 against Geelong when I thought there were at least half a dozen better than him.

Don't think he should be forced to answer for it though.

Yeah no way was he the 3rd best player on the ground. I think you can remove the "could have been Chris Scott" from the above post.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back