Remove this Banner Ad

biggiemediums

Norm Smith Medallist
WCE Wings Guernsey
Jul 20, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
qB3pITja.jpg

Wow the pure strength. He's using Noble to do bicep curls.

Aug 31, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Brayden Maynard:

1 Center bounce attendance & 1 Center clearance.

Goal assist to Pendles.

Amazing.

Brayden Maynard:

Goal assist to Pendles.

Amazing.
I loved it when the siren went he was the first to go to Pendles.

Maynard is a great 'clubman', a term rarely used nowadays.

No dramas when signing contracts, just gives his all and looks like just wanting to play with his team-mates.

Am now forgiving of his brain fades and just expect one per game.

Monco Matt

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Storm, 49ers
The biggest improvement from Maynard this season is that he has taken the shocking clanger that results in an opposition goal right out of his game. Almost every disposal is a good one. I don't recall any horrible clangers from him and I tend to remember them. He's been a rock this season. He always has been but he is cleaner now with his disposal.

Nuffsaid

Team Captain
Nov 25, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Brayden Maynard:

Goal assist to Pendles.

Amazing.
I would definitely like to see a bit more of this. I had a comment in the GameDay thread about the absence of a power clearance mid without Adams and DeGoey (Grundy to a lesser extent) Elliot is capable for stints but Maynard is the other who I believe can fill that role, either muscling it out or negating the p*ss easy clearances we still see too often.
Hopefully it’s a Plan B option we can see a little more regularly .

Cyclops

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 25, 2001
Northern Suburbs
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
IOM Gyms, Preston Nth End
Is he a bit sore? I feel like few guys are playing injured, true to his character he's still producing good footy.

Very good comments on Maynard at the bounce.

I recall Pagan sticking Carey into some bounces, eg in the 1999 GF, and Gary Ayres was a shock trooper at bounces in Yabby Jeans superb sides. Those Hawks weren't lacking in midfield brilliance but Conan added grunt when it was required.

Maynard is a tough smart player with strong hands and not fazed by heavy traffic, and hus excellent kicking would be very useful out of the centre.

On a wet day at crunch time it'd by a smart move, but obvioudly not if hes on some racehorse in perfect conditions.

Good Horse

Cancelled
Collingwood - Caleb Poulter Player Sponsor 2022 Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020
Sep 21, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think Good Horse would know better, but I think Maynard as part of a heavy cavalry charge at centre bounces would be really effective.

Bruzzy qualifies as a Clydesdale, the highest of honours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He drives like he plays as well.:) A couple of years ago, nearly ran me off the road on his way to the under ground carpark at the MCG.

The pleasing thing is that I normally expect him to have a clanger or two per game but in the last two, haven't seen one unless I have had my eyes closed due to the closeness of the game.

He was unbelievable tonight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back