Player Watch Brayden Maynard

Remove this Banner Ad

What has happened to him?

Kicking has dropped off immensely. Must be carrying an injury.

Sad to see that we were disappointed that he wasn’t All Australian last year.

Big fall from grace.
He’s trying hard but the team is lacking confidence and cohesion. He’s a part of that.

He’s being targeted, (Devon Smith went at him a few times) and they’re getting inside his head.

The amount of brain fades and turn overs he has is seriously concerning. Costing us goals. That said, any defender looking up field isn’t offered much to kick to in our system, we don’t have one. We would easily be on par with north for worst team transitioning from defence, and then equal worst for kicking inside 50.

What has happened to him?

Kicking has dropped off immensely. Must be carrying an injury.

Sad to see that we were disappointed that he wasn’t All Australian last year.

Big fall from grace.
Everyone's kicking has dropped off. My money is on it being about running patterns and running power and noone getting clear to receive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone's kicking has dropped off. My money is on it being about running patterns and running power and noone getting clear to receive.
This x 1000.

I was high up in the stands on Sunday and it is dead set obvious that our running has dropped completely away. There is no-one to kick to so those coming off half back are having to attempt ridiculous kicks which become turnovers. The malaise has become infectious.

His confidence is down with a lot of others and let's face it, you can't leave him to think his way through it.

This x 1000.

I was high up in the stands on Sunday and it is dead set obvious that our running has dropped completely away. There is no-one to kick to so those coming off half back are having to attempt ridiculous kicks which become turnovers. The malaise has become infectious.

His confidence is down with a lot of others and let's face it, you can't leave him to think his way through it.
With Treloar and Phillips gone. Adams injured. Sidey, Pendles and Daicos playing inside, we had Murphy, Madgen and a bunch of kids on the flanks. Crisp and Noble are probably the only ones who you can be confident have the running ability and knowledge of where to run to receive. Then throw in that we are probably making game plan changes, which under Bucks, we've always seemed to take a while to understand and it's not surprising that we we've got noone in position to receive.

He’s being targeted, (Devon Smith went at him a few times) and they’re getting inside his head.

Targeted ? he is supposed to be our he Man, well physically he is , always first to fly the flag for team mates in the heat of battle, if it`s a an inside head case, this can be addressed

His kicking is fine. Nothing special, not horrible.

It's the decision-making and confidence that has deserted him. And he's one of these guys that is certainly a confidence player - his body language tells a complete story every week.

Strip it all back and get him back to basics. Hard, close tag on the opposition's dangerous small every week and let IQ & Noble worry about the run and dash.

He's gone from borderline All Australian to Luke Godden in the space of 7 games of footy - he'll turn it back around.

I don't like to pot players who try their absolute guts out week after week but Maynard is really a reflection on the team at the moment, just down on confidence and it really shows.

I have some serious concerns that him sticking around at our club the way we are sleep walking into oblivion as a side could have a negative effect on him as a footballer due to his drop in confidence and form that we have seen so far this season.

He's another who has missed not having Langdon there since mid 2019 because Langdon's ability to come up as the third man and either spoil or intercept mark was highly underrated and helped glue our backline together.

If I was a well run interstate club like Sydney, GWS or Brisbane I would be looking really hard at giving him an offer as I think we may have seen his best football already at Collingwood.

This x 1000.

Totally agree.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back