Player Watch Brayden Maynard

Remove this Banner Ad

Before they outlaw Bruzzy's smother they'd surely have to ban the flying knee to the back of the head as part of a marking contest. Far more "careless" and far easier to avoid. And when they do that the game really will be on the way out.
You will recall late in the game Quaynor backed back and took a mark in front of Fritsch. Mathew Lloyd said that Fritsch could have really hurt Quaynor and LEGALLY, but chose not to. He was almost critical of this.

Exactly the situation you are talking about.

You will recall late in the game Quaynor backed back and took a mark in front of Fritsch. Mathew Lloyd said that Fritsch could have really hurt Quaynor and LEGALLY, but chose not to. He was almost critical of this.

Exactly the situation you are talking about.
It's hilarious none are seeing the hypocrisy in that 'non' incident. Heard many criticise Fritsch for being weak, not contesting the ball, not being hard enough..IQ even said he expected to get hit in the head..yet they criticise Maynard for going in too hard..make it make sense ..

Seems to me the Eddie bashing still goes on ad nauseum. I hope the hate for Bruzzy does not continue this long.
Congratulations for finding the real victim at the heart of this matter.

Even his son was telling him to sit down. Totally inappropriate and self-absorbed moment from a man who should know better but never did better.

When the Carlscum supporters carry on about Maynard being cleared, throw the words of their beloved Sam Docherty back at them :

Carlton veteran Sam Docherty was in the Maynard camp. “I think there’s an inherent risk in playing AFL footy that sometimes in football actions people are going to get hurt, whether that’s concussion or other injuries. In my eyes, this was an unfortunate accident,” he said on AFL 360 after the verdict.

“He’s gone up in a game that’s very important to the football club to smother the ball on the way down, you’ve got 0.15 of a second to try and change your body position or get out of the way … the duty of care would’ve been to not jump and smother, but smothering in our game of footy is an integral part.

“I don’t think we’ll find too many situations where this will exactly happen, but there’s risk in playing – and that’s OK, we all go out there knowing that. It’s very unfortunate for Angus to be in the position he’s in, but I’m pleased he (Maynard) has got off.”

Carlton supporters are some of the worst human beings on earth, but plenty of their players seem, gulp, like OK blokes.

Thank you so much for bringing this into my life.
Oh there are so many of these nutcases on TikTok. Not just Carlton supporters but genuine Collingwood haters. I love banter and back and forth but I can’t believe how much we live rent free in people’s heads. They make specific weekly posts about us. It reminds me of primary school when the girl who hurts you normally does it because deep down she likes you. I reckon deep down these *ers wish they were part of the army!

asd-boxing.gif

Gimmie some of that sweet science!
IT occurred to me today that media outlets quoting former players like Sean Smith's facebook posts on the subject of Maynards being cleared should first take into account the fact that Smith is the recipient of a 1.4 million dollar payout for the concussions he received during his playing days and that he is suffering from CTE.

Hard to believe that he could be impartial at best and probably an editor might have considered the wisdom of quoting someone with a brain injury in the circumstance.

IT occurred to me today that media outlets quoting former players like Sean Smith's facebook posts on the subject of Maynards being cleared should first take into account the fact that Smith is the recipient of a 1.4 million dollar payout for the concussions he received during his playing days and that he is suffering from CTE.

Hard to believe that he could be impartial at best and probably an editor might have considered the wisdom of quoting someone with a brain injury in the circumstance.
...and they should also include his views on May/Melksham punching each other in the head at a restaurant.. apparently that was just "boys being boys".

I wish someone would ring sen and call out the disgusting comments from opposition supporters saying that they hope he does his acl, calling him a dog and a thug etc.

Ask them exactly which way they positioned themselves last time they were 0.15 seconds from having a car accident.

*******s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely not Owies or Newman, but off the top of my head Docherty, Cripps, Walsh for a start are decent.

By the time the game starts I’d be ok with 46 ACLs
Docherty & * Cripps (* for the dodgy Brownlow) .. can't recall if I've ever heard Walsh speak.

Arrrrgh, can't stand Owies, he does have a punchable face. And find that little troll Fisher very annoying.

Not a fan of wishing ACL's on anyone, but I wouldn't mind if Dee's & Carlscum knock the s**t out of each other.

CTE can only be diagnosed posthumously.

Carlton supporters are some of the worst human beings on earth, but plenty of their players seem, gulp, like OK blokes.

Well l have never wanted Carlton (even calling them by their proper name) to win a game of footy under any circumstance, but after watching the whining and totally inappropriate comments from Goodwin, the behaviour of Melbourne players towards Bruzzy, and the pathetic comments from Shaun Smith, calling Maynard a thug, l really hope Carlton smash those f wits, and knock them out in straight sets, which will make it two consecutive seasons the Dees go out in straight sets!!
Just on Shaun Smiths comments, imagine calling Maynard a thug, when Smith played with a bloke by the name of Rodney Grinter, who was apparently a loose cannon on the field, and just see his highlights to know the meaning of an on field Thug!!

CTE can only be diagnosed posthumously.
"generally accepted that he may be suffering from CTE"

No sure what his neurosurgeon's exact words were, but to that effect during the Insurance hearings.

Well l have never wanted Carlton (even calling them by their proper name) to win a game of footy under any circumstance, but after watching the whining and totally inappropriate comments from Goodwin, the behaviour of Melbourne players towards Bruzzy, and the pathetic comments from Shaun Smith, calling Maynard a thug, l really hope Carlton smash those f wits, and knock them out in straight sets, which will make it two consecutive seasons the Dees go out in straight sets!!
Just on Shaun Smiths comments, imagine calling Maynard a thug, when Smith played with a bloke by the name of Rodney Grinter, who was apparently a loose cannon on the field, and just see his highlights to know the meaning of an on field Thug!!
No, i still don't want Carlton to win. And i want Melbourne to lose !:drunk:
Maybe it can be a draw, and they keep playing extra time for the next week, non stop, because neither can score at all.:devil:

No, i still don't want Carlton to win. And i want Melbourne to lose !:drunk:
Maybe it can be a draw, and they keep playing extra time for the next week, non stop, because neither can score at all.:devil:

Doesn't matter who wins really. Either side will be smashed by Brisbane the following week....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back