Player Watch Brayden Sier (Delisted 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is he has not lived up to 2018, his kicking has been poor (whose hasn't?) but more than that seems to on the fringe in stoppages.

Not sure what has happened with him.

Hopefully he'll come on again when he gets Adams back to partner with.

He's a spud.
Seriously... I know he has had an average couple of weeks, and tonight was a stinker, but that’s probably a bit OTT. He finds the form he showed last year and he becomes one of our most important mids.

Seriously... I know he has had an average couple of weeks, and tonight was a stinker, but that’s probably a bit OTT. He finds the form he showed last year and he becomes one of our most important mids.
Can't have him off recent weeks (has plenty of mates), Apex. My issue is his use by foot, he is a poor decision maker once he's required to actually kick the thing.

Like so many of our runners he’s not clean ATM. They all seem to have a case of the “Goldsack’s” and are no longer one touch. When you rely on trigger hands from congestion, as we do without the marking options of our competitors, if you fumble you’re dead in the water. It’s confidence and touch both of which will come with time. Unfortunately that’s a commodity we’re fast running out of in 2019. I wouldn’t drop him this week, but that’s primarily because we don’t have the alternatives rather than him deserving a spot in the best 22.

Like so many of our runners he’s not clean ATM. They all seem to have a case of the “Goldsack’s” and are no longer one touch. When you rely on trigger hands from congestion, as we do without the marking options of our competitors, if you fumble you’re dead in the water. It’s confidence and touch both of which will come with time. Unfortunately that’s a commodity we’re fast running out of in 2019. I wouldn’t drop him this week, but that’s primarily because we don’t have the alternatives rather than him deserving a spot in the best 22.
Has to stay at least until Adams is back. I'd also add Maynard to the midfield mix this week. I just think we're a midfielder short at the moment.

He's miles off elite but he's young. Like most of our players a few glimpses and the odd good quarter sees him rated through the roof on here but the truth is he's only shown potential to date. Expecting much more right now is too optomistic.

Does not seem to have kicked on from his impressive start last year but one can only hope last week was a concussion related apparition

Does not seem to have kicked on from his impressive start last year but one can only hope last week was a concussion related apparition

Harsh to judge him solely on Friday night IMO. Appears to have had even less game time than usual, and his usual game time isn't by any means high.

Seemed to be impacted by either concussion, ribs or a separate issue.

Hopefully he can keep his spot and build again.

We seemed to use De Goey as the big bodied midfielder this week, and then he would run forward and Sier back onto the ball. I don't think this worked. Sier had no identity last week.

I don't think it worked for De Goey either.

I think the best way is to play Sier as your big bodied midfielder, and De Goey as 3rd tall. Then put De goey on the ball in spurts, considering that Sier has a poor tank and needs rests. I don't like the idea of starting De Goey on the ball then throwing him forward. For me, he is either playing on the ball or not. So leave him forward, but then we he goes onto the ball he plays as a genuine midfielder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We seemed to use De Goey as the big bodied midfielder this week, and then he would run forward and Sier back onto the ball. I don't think this worked. Sier had no identity last week.

I don't think it worked for De Goey either.

I think the best way is to play Sier as your big bodied midfielder, and De Goey as 3rd tall. Then put De goey on the ball in spurts, considering that Sier has a poor tank and needs rests. I don't like the idea of starting De Goey on the ball then throwing him forward. For me, he is either playing on the ball or not. So leave him forward, but then we he goes onto the ball he plays as a genuine midfielder.

I was an advocate of throwing him bc I just think the midfield mix is not working. Something inside there has to change but the poinit you make is valid.

Sier needs to stay in. Pies need big body midfielders otherwise forget this game. We need Adams as well. I would even try Maynard through the midfield. Our problem seems to me is like we have no intimidating players in the middle.

Sier needs to stay in. Pies need big body midfielders otherwise forget this game. We need Adams as well. I would even try Maynard through the midfield. Our problem seems to me is like we have no intimidating players in the middle.

What use is being big bodied when he just hovers around outside the pack?

Sier wasn't 100% last week, whether it was the effect of the concussion or just a down game, who knows?

He hasn't set the world on fire this year, but he isn't Robinson Crusoe; so many are playing like their confidence has suffered. Based on what we've saw last year he is worth persevering with, for now at least.

When on-song, his reading of the play and disposal by hand is a real advantage.

Sier has plenty of tools, we need to stop pretending he should be a finished product however. He’s going to need other mids playing well around him, and they are few and far between.

Currently Sier and Browny are our only young mids coming through. Ditch them at your peril.

I was impressed with how hard Sier worked on the week end. The two way running was very good. Played predominantly against Yoe who is an elite midfielder. While Yoe took the chocolates, It was still a workman like performance from Sier. I'd imagine Bucks would have been pleased. IMO, Sier's second half was of very good quality.

Agree, he did some serious chasing which I haven't seen before
Re-watched.
He was going and going, contest to contest.

The distribution was really better too.

Are we there yet? A good driver in heavy traffic.

Perhaps so.

Keep him in and run his ass into the ground in mid week training.

Come finals the Bear will be tearing teams apart like picnic baskets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back